• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies continue on the road when they travel to Orem, Utah, today for a 2 pm PT game against Utah Valley. The Wolverines come into to the game with a deceptive 1-2 record. They are coming off 84-71 road win over Idaho State and their two road loses have been against two powerful programs: a 99-69 loss to #1 Duke and a 73-63 competitive loss to #4/5 Kentucky.

UVU is arguably the best team the Ags have faced this season and the Aggies will need to play better than they did at Pacific on Wednesday to have a chance of putting this game in the win column. The Ags are still looking for some offensive rhythm and more balance in scoring from a variety of players.

It's interesting to note that 13 of the 15 players on the Wolverine roster are transfers: 3 from BYU, 3 from Salt Lake CC, one from Oklahoma, one from Xavier, one from Utah, one from Kent State, one from Eastern Michigan, one from Jacksonville college and one from Snow College. So this is a very experienced group of players. They also have great height with one 7 footer and 3 players listed at 6'11.

I'll be double dipping today: watching Aggie football in the Causeway Classic at 2 pm along with keeping an eye on this game as well.

Live online stream at 2 pm: http://wacsports.com/watch/?Live=621

Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies take a 37-33 lead into halftime in a well played game by both teams. The Ags shot 52% overall and 50% from 3 with Moneke leading the way with 10 and TJ Shorts with 8. The ball movement by the Aggies has been much better this game so far.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Ags up by four at halftime. Good defensive pressure has been the key. I’ve got football on the big screen and basketball on the laptop. Not a bad Saturday
  • BlueGoldAg
    I'm doing the same thing. Ags are in a real battle and are down 58-54 with 10:00 to in the game.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    They looked a little tired down the stretch. Hopefully they learn from this one
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ags fall to UVU 80-71. The big turning point was with about 7:30 to go in the game with the score 60-58 UVU and Arell Hennings got a technical foul. In less than a minute the Wolverines lead blossomed to 10 points and the Ags never got closer than 8 points after that. I din't see what got Hennings T'd up but suffice it to say it was not smart and influenced the outcome.

For the most part this was a well played game by both teams. The difference in the game was the 3 point shooting by UVU. They hit 10-20 from behind the arc compared to the Ags 6-15.

The Ags' offense had much better flow and rhythm. Chima led the way in scoring with 18 followed by TJ Shorts with 17 and Siler Schneider with 11.

The Ags next game is against Sac State at the Golden One Center next Tuesday at 7 pm.
  • movielover
    How did u put football on the big screen? Do you live in the Sac area?
  • BlueGoldAg
    I live in Sacramento. The game was shown on a Sacramento local access channel 17 but only in standard definition. I watched the game on my iMac from the Big Sky TV feed by Pluto TV. It was in high definition and nicer to watch and, at the same time, I was watching the Aggies @ UVU on my laptop with the sound muted. That's about as much multi-tasking that I can do at any one time!
  • movielover
    Maybe a cold beer in hand?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Coffee then and beer now!
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I ran Pluto through the PlayStation connected to the big screen, with the b-ball game on the laptop.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!