• ucdavisaggie05
    The Aggies face Weber State in the first round of the Great Alaska Shootout tonight at 9pm PST. What better way to embrace the tryptophan than to get comfortable on the couch and watch the Aggies from Anchorage on CBSSN? Happy Thanksgiving!

CBS Sports Network channel listings are available on Wikipedia.
  • DrMike
    hope i'm awake at 9:00. not sure if its the turkey that makes me sleepy or the 4-5 glasses of red wine. i'll go with the turkey.

good test tonight. weber is a 4-point favorite coming off a big sky championship (regular season and tournament).
  • BlueGoldAg
    We'll have our hands full with the Wildcats. They have been getting into post-season tournaments with regularity and are perennially the best or one of the best in the Big Sky Conference. The Big Sky is not as strong as the Big West in basketball so that's helps them pile up wins and get into post-season play easier than if played in a better conference. That said, they would probably be able to compete pretty well with the better Big West teams.

They will have a small size advantage over the Ags but they are not a huge team so I hope we will be able to compete well inside and on the boards. Moneke, White, Adenrele and Henn will need to play well on the defensive boards especially if Garrison Goode is still out with an ankle or foot injury.

As usual, our defensive intensity will be the key to winning the game. When our defense is playing well it ignites our offense.

Go Ags!
  • aggie6thman
    Weber is shooting over 50% from the field and 40% from behind the arc. We're going to need to step up our defense and rebound the heck out of the ball. If you force a good shooting team into bad shots it is great defense, until you give up the offensive rebound and a layup!
  • agalum
    "What better way to embrace the tryptophan"
    And i thought you were an engieering major! Well done.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    With all the feasting going on today, I'm going to break out my expand-a-pants ahead of this game!
  • BlueGoldAg
    All you guys that can watch the game on CBSSN are killing me! >:o
  • aggie6thman
    You have an hour until tip, you might still be able to add it your cable line up, just call it an early Christmas present!
  • agalum
    Directv channel 221
  • BlueGoldAg
    I've actually done that before, 6th, just to get a sports package for a couple of months to see a few games. Unfortunately, I have Consolidated Communications (formerly Surewest), and it doesn't carry CBSSN. So I'll be listening on the radio and checking in on live stats.

Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Bad news: Garrison Goode is out for the entire tournament. Our other big guys will need to step up.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The oddsmakers have the Ags as 5.5 point underdogs going into the game with Weber State.

Pull the upset Ags!!
  • agalum
    Let's get ready to rumble!
  • GO AGS
    6th and crew, new site looks great.

stream: http://firstrowus1.eu/watch/488201/2/watch-uc-davis-vs-weber-state.html

Hope this isn't against new TOS. Stream at your own risk, lots of popups.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Aggies up 22-17 with 6:45 left in the 1st. Strong play thus far, converting from the charity stripe and they're already in the bonus. If it weren't for a quick 8-0 run by Weber State....
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Weber now on fire from behind the arc
  • aggie6thman
    Uh oh, Weber has dialed it up. Ags are settling for jumpers and are getting out hustled on the glass. Not a good combo.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Weber now up 32-26 with 3 to go, a 23-6 run since an early 20-9 lead for the Ags.
  • BlueGoldAg
    When the Ags defense breaks down the offense usually goes sour too. Time for Les to get their attention and focus back.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Sure seems like both go out the window at the same time.
  • CA Forever
    Wheels are kinda falling off here. Ags need to get it together.
  • CA Forever
    Ags down by 7 at half. Got work to do in the 2nd.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Aggies down 7 at the half, went over a 4:00 stretch without a bucket from the field. Combine that with Weber going thermonuclear from downtown and an early lead disappeared very quickly. Several quick runs by the Wildcats.
  • BlueGoldAg
    For those of you watching what are your thoughts from what you've seen? From listening to the radio it sounded like it was ugly early and then we squandered an 11 point lead when our defense broke down and the offense went cold.
  • oldschool
    The Ags played well, aside from the 4 minute stretch when Weber State went on their run. We weren't attacking the rim as much, and we actually haven't been shooting as many 3s as I would have expected from a Les team. Henn is a beast, as is Moneke, though they are on the shorter end of the spectrum. JT has been too passive offensively - he is better than he is showing. Brynton is playing well, creating offense. Funtarov gave a good spark, as well!

Our man defense looked really good early on, and our bigs show on high screens as aggressively as you'll see. The rotations broke down during our bad stretch, however.

Overall, I like our squad and I'm impressed with who/what Les and Co. have put together.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Short quick bursts from Weber combined with going cold from the field - it seemed like there were 2, maybe 3 8-2 runs by the Wildcats. During the first 10:00 the Ags looked great, really squeezed the air out of the ball with methodical sets and driving the lane combined with stingy defense and tons of defensive rebounds as well.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Thanks for the recaps guys. I hate listening on the radio...to damn nerve wracking when I can't actually see what is taking place. Hope we can get it going and put this one in the W column!
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Not looking very promising down 10
  • BlueGoldAg
    Yeah...Ags are out of sync and can't get anything to fall.
  • oldschool
    We are going to have to score. Missing layups and not shooting 3s isn't going to close the gap.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!