• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies will play their final game before conference play begins when they host Holy Names in the Pavilion at 2 pm on Saturday. The Ags have been off for a week having lost their last game to Radford 72-62 in OT in Las Vegas.

The Aggies have won 14 straight home games and will be looking to play well keep the streak going. They need to guard against coming out flat against the Hawks like they did against San Francisco after a week off for finals. Holy Names was surprisingly competitive last year in the Aggies 89-75 win on November 1st in the Pavilion. They've got a lot to gain and nothing to lose so they'll be playing hard against the Aggies.

The Aggies will be looking to play well on both ends of the floor and, hopefully, get a lot of playing time for everyone. The Ags are still searching for offensive consistency. Chima Moneke and Siler Schneider have been the mainstays in the offense this year but teams are focusing on shutting them down. Siler has been going through a rough stretch in his shooting percentage in the past few games though. TJ Shorts has had a couple of very big games for the Aggies and he has often taken it upon himself to get things going when the Aggies' offense has gone cold. The question is, who else is going to contribute consistently on offense for the Aggies? We'll need that to stay in the hunt for the Big West title.

Live online stream on Big West TV: http://www.bigwest.org/tv/

Go Ags!
  • Goags20172
    I'm planning on going.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Hope we get a good holiday crowd.
  • Goags20172
    Strangely the last men's bball game I saw was also against Holy Names. Haven't seen Moneke play before. Believe he was a Red shirt at the time. Looking forward to hearing how his name is pronounced. Nobody spoil it for me !
  • DrMike
    I’ll be there with a couple of buddies. Section 109. It is interesting to hear a name pronounced after reading it (and saying it to yourself). Against WSU, they had a player named Malachi. When I was following via game stats I read that as the Italian ma-LACH-chi. I was picturing the Malachi brothers who hanged up against Fonzi and Pinky Tuskadero in the Demolition Derby (with the dreaded ‘Malachi Crunch’)

So disappointed when I turned on the TV broadcast and heard MAL-a-kai.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I've done the same thing a lot. When I was researching the Fordham WBB team I found that their leading scorer is G'mrice Davis. My tongue got tangled up just trying to work out how her first name might be pronounced and settled on GEM-reese. Then the KDVS radio team pronounced it Ge-MARE-iss which I think is quite a pretty name. I'm sure they had a media guide with the correct pronunciation though.

Then there's a Sac State guard that's gets a lot of playing time: Izayah Mauriohooho-Le'afa. I pity their broadcast team when he's involved in some fast action play-by-play!
  • PortlandAggie
    My brother will be there with his wife and two girls.
  • Goags20172
    I keep meaning to catch a SAC State game. They are playing at 7. Maybe if I get back home early enough from this game I can see PSU win. Don't know if I'm up for being packed in like a sardine though. It's interesting who you'll run into there. I saw Susan Savage, owner of the River Cats there once. She was sitting with the common people.
  • BlueGoldAg
    My high school gym in a small town in Indiana was bigger than the Hornets Nest. I hate it when the Ags have to play them in that crackerbox.
  • Goags20172
    True story. I went to a SAC State women's bball game in 2001.and the scoreboards went out completely. They brought in a temporary scoreboard, and that went out too. I remember it because SAC State was actually winning when it happened. They went 0- 28 that year, 0- 29 if you count a 20+ PT exhibition loss to...wait for it.....Holy Names.

I don't care for the cash- only snack bar + how it becomes very difficult to enjoy the game if even 1 person anywhere is standing. Also, the music needs to change. I know the local rap + hip hop station is a sponsor, but moderation. please ! I say it again, Sac State..your fans are mostly older white people. Play some rock occasionally at least. The age of intimidating your opponents with loud rap went out with 1990's high school bball. I'm thinking not even Holy Names is intimidated by that. They sure weren't in 2001 !

So far the Band has played 1 Offspring song and a surprise...1 Mighty Mighty Bosstones. They didn't even play that when the Bosstones were at their most popular. No Green Day yet...give it time. It's a testament to the band's skill that these songs are easily recognizable when they play them.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Onyebalu is in street clothes. Joe Mooney started in his place
  • BlueGoldAg
    38-19 Ags at the half. Chima has 17.
  • Goags20172
    I appreciated the effort of Colin Russell today. I believe- 10 pts. He didn't foul out either. Seems to me he usually does, not unlike the kid in that book I read as a kid- Sideways Stories from Wayside School. There's a kid who gets sent home early everyday on the little kid bus because he pulls the girls' pigtails. No little kid bus for Russell today !
  • Goags20172
    Disappointed in the pronunciation of Chima Moneke- sounds just like it looks. Isn't there some sort of Lego video game lion hero named Chima ?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Legends of Chima. Chima is the Kingdom in the game. Have fun competing for Mt Cavora's precious Chi:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/videos/themes/chima/trailer-welcome-to-chima-dcde8cbc9e184f7dbe2f49029f0c214a
  • aggie6thman
    Time to rest and reload before UC Irvine!
  • DrMike
    my wife would have loved ‘China Grove’ at halftime. That was the song they did a routine to as high school song leaders!

First half was a clunker, with us depending on Chima for scoring. Second half was bettter. Printup struggled from the floor but others contributed. Russell looks young but played better as the game went on.
  • Goags20172
    I made the SAC State game after all, on which I won't be giving updates because well..who cares, right ?

This place is so small that if you sit in the GA section the players walk right past you. A couple of them were eyeing my dinner. An interesting surprise. They have a good food truck.

Portland State has a 7'1 transfer from Gonzaga.. and he starts. He also had one of his shots blocked. Still don't believe it.

With Maurihoho Le'Afa the announcer just says his name as quickly as possible so no one notices if he butchers it.

Holy cow ! The 3- 10 hornets are about to move into second place in the Big Sky lol 77- 71 with less than 30 sec to go.
  • Goags20172
    I saw that game in the used section at Game stop....for about $6 Anything they're willing to sell that cheaply can't be good. They still sell other used Nintendo 3DS games from 5 years ago for $30. Nobody plays 3DS anymore except for me, and I don't play the 3D ones...too many dimensions !
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!