• Goags20172
    11- 1 in the 5th inning ! 4 more hits for Pluschkell ! Denholm and Hooper have gone yard !
  • BlueGoldAg
    Wow...offensive onslaught!
  • Goags20172
    And that's a final (15- 1)- what I believe is Chris Brown's first victory as a starter. 3 scoreless innings from freshman Brett Erwin.
  • Goags20172
    I was at a bit of an offensive game myself in Santa Clara. Boston College was up 9- 6 in the bottom of the 7th when suddenly they couldn't stop plunking batters- at least 4 in a row at 1 point and 7 in the inning.. Santa Clara scored 14 times in the inning on the strength of first baseman Jake Brodt's two grand slams (he had 10 rbi in the game- 3 homeruns ). Think it's safe to say Schott Stadium is a lil' hitter- friendly. I think only one of them would've been out of the park at Dobbins. Also helps to explain how a team with 49 HR last year only won 13 games. Well, for now they're a .500 team.

Here we go- BC hit 10 batters in the game, the same guy twice in the 7th. The #9 hitter was plunked three times in the game. Not a single ejection or warning from the umpire.

According to the article I read after the game, Brodt's 2 grand slams in the 7th represented only the 7th time in NCAA Division I history (since they started keeping records in 1957) that this has been accomplished., and the last time was about 17 years ago.
  • ProAggieGuy
    Once again, good pitching, good defense and some pretty dangerous sticks. We were able to put it all together. Nice to see the total team effort. 1 game at a time. A great player can win a game, a great team can win ‘em all!
  • Goags20172
    Even if they lose tomorrow this will be a highly successful series. I'd swear UC Davis was Wile E. Coyote for all the trouble the Roadrunners have caused Aggie sports teams in my time, especially men's basketball, baseball, softball, and volleyball. Feels good to see the dynamite get the darn bird for a change.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!