• CA Forever
    Don Chapman picks Colorado, while Mycah Pittman picks Oregon.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Hawk is competing with some heavyweights!
  • movielover
    FYI: RB Tyler Van Arden considered a *** recruit. He has offers from Fresno State, Hawaii, Northern Arizona, San Jose State, UC Davis, Utah State and Wyoming.
  • CA Forever
    Yeah I typically don't update offers once the athlete is posted just because it is a lot of work to update all of them continuously.

https://247sports.com/Article/Three-star-ATH-Tyler-Van-Arden-has-his-best-football-ahead-119942057/

Here's an article that has Van Arden as the nations #2 FB and he has Davis listed as his top choice.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It looks like Van Arden would be a really great recruit if we are able to land him.
  • CA Forever
    OL Nathan Peterson from Dixon has received an offer from UC Davis!
  • 69aggie
    Well Tyler did not actually name Davis as his first choice (I wish it were true), but yes he likes the school and its close to home. The locals say he is kind of a sleeper kid; quiet, well liked and smart. A great fit for us; but will he be seduced by the beaches of Waikiki? The hills of Wyoming? The romance of Fresno? I actually think we might have a good shot at getting this young man.
  • CA Forever
    He doesn't necessarily say "Davis is my top choice right now", but he mentions Davis the most of any of his offers and "I took an unofficial visit to UC Davis," said Van Arden. "The visit was great. I loved the atmosphere of the campus as well as the coaching staff too which were just as amazing."

No other school got a little blurb like that. Davis is standing out.
  • CA Forever
    ATH Carl Jones has committed to Colorado
  • movielover
    Brian M. at HeroSports has already listed a top 100 FCS recruits.

49. Miles Hastings, QB, UC Davis

84. Orlando Ornelas, WR, UC Davis

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2019-recruiting-top-100-commitments-aug19-ajaj

I already emailed him on our HUGE get in DB Sequoia Magdalena***.

• CA Forever
    OL Nathan Peterson has committed to Air Force. OL Joey Capra has switched his commitment from Arizona State to Oregon.
  • movielover
    Plough and others say "Huge commit" out of the 925 area code!!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Perhaps a TE?

From Coach Creighton's twitter page:

"Big time Playmaker coming to Shredville! Davis TE’s are creating a legacy that everyone will know about!!!"
  • movielover
    Here is one from the 925.

"WR / TE - Blake Thorpe *** 6'3 220 Las Lomas High School (Walnut Creek, CA) Tweet
    Offers: Howard, Oregon State, San Jose State, UC Davis"
  • CA Forever
    Yep saw the tweets last night, but wasn't going to post anything until I got confirmation on who the athlete was. Thorpe was my first thought as well though, even though I have him listed as a WR. His highlights confirm that he played a lot of WR too. Almost a 1000 yards receiving last season.

Or it can be an athlete that doesn't use twitter or isn't on the recruiting sites.
  • BlueGoldAg
    In addition to the offers listed he had offers from Army, Air Force, Holy Cross, NAU and UNLV.
  • BrianMacHERO-SPORTS
    Hey, thanks for acknowledging our HERO Sports recruiting rankings. I work my ass off on that and its awesome to see a great fan board like this is giving it some love.

And at the same time, man oh man this is one of the best recruiting threads I've seen on any Fan board, and there are some good ones. Man, keep up the good work and please keep in touch!
  • CA Forever
    Hey welcome to the board man. I love reading HERO Sports articles so it's definitely an honor to have you compliment our recruiting thread. There are a good handful of us that work hard to put it together every season.
  • BrianMacHERO-SPORTS
    It's really well done! And I can tell you it is going to be a place to visit whenever I'm updating recruiting. Really nice job! Sam Herder will be our point man for Big Sky this year. I think the world of Keelan. Great kid who I had a chance to talk with in Frisco at the Awards banquet, and Hawkins is an awesome guy. You can see what's about to happen at UC Davis and we've been saying it nationally all summer.
  • movielover
    Thank you, brother! Love your articles. Hope you can add DB Sequoia Magdalena*** to your next top-recruit list.
  • CA Forever
    Keelan should have another outstanding season. Teams just couldn't stop him even though they knew we'd be throwing it his way. I'm hoping that we can find a way to sneak into the playoffs this season, but our schedule is tough. 3 out of our first 4 are against San Jose State, Stanford, and Idaho. The 4th in that group is San Diego, whom we beat fairly soundly last season but they have been making noise against Big Sky opponents in the playoffs. I think Davis will be improved though. A young defense has another year of experience under their belt and I believe our run game will open up more this season which should take even more pressure off Doss.
  • BrianMacHERO-SPORTS
    Already have, Movielover. I wrote him and apologized for missing him on the last go around, but he's in there for good now and will be considered from here until February. Recruiting is sooooo needle in a haystack, something I'm going to try to remedy with the FCS recruits this year. I was able to update Sequoia's page on 247sports too, something that reluctantly let me do. If you come across another UC Davis recruit you think I've missed, ping me on it, PLEASE.
  • BrianMacHERO-SPORTS
    I think you guys are going to knock San Jose and Idaho around and give Stanford fits too. Big question is how the parity in the Big Sky affects the collective. EWU to me is the monster on the block, but beyond that it seems like 2/3rds of the league is good enough to beat just about anybody on any given day, especially if they're hosting ... and I don't think the two Utah schools will be quite as good, but still in the big picture overall.
  • movielover
    San Jose State will be VERY interesting, and televised on a Thursday Night. I have some huge hunches, but will not post them publicly... I hope others won't, either!! The element of surprise.

Huge game.

It will be interesting if we'll see some of Hawkins redshirt freshmen play a role ... Carson Crawford, Cam Trimble? Or true freshmen ... 329# DT Josiah Suani, DL Cade Peacock?

Stanford will be interesting, but no one has stopped Love, and our defense is unproven at best. ... San Jose only had 2 victories and struggled for those, unproven QB.
  • Riveraggie
    First two games are winnable but tough and will show where we stand.
    Looking forward to seeing a depth chart, even one with lots of ORs. Love to know how our non freshman redshirts and other players who missed games at end of season are doing health-wise.
  • CA Forever
    I get why Hawkins does the "ORs" but it bugs me to no end. Maybe our own fans would like to know who is actually playing haha.
  • Riveraggie
    I’m happy to see who’s in the two or three deep.
  • CA Forever
    While there isn't 100% confirmation, Blake Thorpe just followed Magdalena, Ornelas, and Hastings on twitter. I'm thinking that he could be our mystery commit. A 3 star TE would be pretty sweet!
  • BrianMacHERO-SPORTS
    Ive been wondering about that "next" recruit. And yeah, I have to admit the schedule is one tough cookie this year ... still think this is a 7 or 8 win team with a playoff spot, and a tiebreaker of tough sked to get itself in with 7 wins.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!