• movielover
    There are so many great outcomes from the San Jose State victory. I think we should beat them in most, or all, head to head recruiting battles for a couple of years. ... but I do hope they recover.

Imagine their deliberations on rescheduling us ... ouch!
  • CA Forever
    Landing a player over SJSU in it's current state isn't necessarily a surprise to me, but getting him over UNLV (which isn't a slouch) and SDSU is nice for sure. Hawkins are company are killing it so far.
  • CA Forever
    BOOOOM WE HAVE ANOTHER COMMITMENT!

WR Chaz Davis has committed to the Aggies!

Only held offers from us and Sac State. Through 4 games in his senior campaign, he has over 500 yards receiving and 8 touchdowns!

GO AGS!
  • CA Forever
    There is a pretty significant split between offensive and defensive commits we have so far. The offense has been our bread and butter under Hawkins though, so I'm not surprised these offensive studs are signing on as quickly as possible.
  • Riveraggie
    Any kid who is interested in education would be not go to UNLV over UCD.
    SDSU is a decent school, I went there for a semester, but not much of a campus. There should be factors that outweigh the FBS classification if the kid is interested in education at all, and also a good student. After all, the education is what the school is trading in exchange for services.
  • CA Forever
    3 star TE Joey Elwell has committed to Montana. Sucks to lose a guy to another Big Sky team, but I'm also not surprised considering we've already landed 2 TE's in this class.
  • CA Forever
    New offer out on 3 star QB Trent Tompkins

So far this season, he has his team at 5-0, tossed for just under 1700 yards with 28 touchdowns to 2 interceptions. He has also carried the ball for over 400 yards with 3 touchdowns. Seems under recruited in the process so far as the only other offers he has are from Brown and Nevada.

If you watch his highlights, his ability to scramble behind the line of scrimmage is a little bit Russell Wilson-esque

GO AGS!
  • CA Forever
    Looks like the coaches are hitting the recruiting trail per twitter. I will be looking out for offers and maybe even commitments this weekend!
  • CA Forever
    DB Maurice Wilmer has committed to Colorado
  • CA Forever
    New offer out on OLB Calvin Mouisset from Junipero Serra High School

GO AGS!
  • movielover
    6'1", 195#s. Go Ags!
  • CA Forever
    New offer out on ATH Sean Harlston from Compton.

Can't find a ton of info on this young man.

GO AGS!
  • movielover
    Nice catch. 6'3", 205#s, Dominguez HS, it looks like he converted from QB to primarily WR. Also plays basketball (pt guard). Has an offer from Idaho State. He says Cornell, San Diego, and Southern Utah looking at him. Recently accounted for 5 TDs as a receiver for Dominguez in 47-0 win over Morningside.
  • BlueGoldAg
    He seems like he would be a great kid to get in an Aggie uniform.
  • movielover
    Hero Sports has compiled their top FCS commits for WR and TE to date. Three programs have landed 2 WR - UC Davis, Delaware, and Tenn - Martin.

https://m.herosports.com/amp/fcs/football-2019-recruiting-top-receivers-tight-ends-ajaj?__twitter_impression=true
  • movielover
    New DE offer out to late bloomer Cade Albright, 6'5", 215#, gets after it. Five (5) sacks in one early game this year, and Orange County publication has him as one of the regions top 15 defensive players. Plays at San Juan Hills HS. Two sport athlete, has an offer from BYU. Via twitter.

@CadeAlbright
  • CA Forever
    Good find movie. Thanks for the help!

GO AGS!
  • CA Forever
    Interesting though. While looking through our offers I was looking at Evan Williams twitter and saw that his brother Bennett has been released from the University of Illinois for violating team rules. We recruited Bennett as well and he was fantastic as a freshman for Illinois. I wonder if Hawk would attempt to bring him in as well.
  • SochorField
    What kind of team rules are we talking? It matters.
  • CA Forever
    Hasn't been disclosed as far as I can tell.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I would say that it is highly unlikely. It would depend highly upon the nature of the violation. Hawk and all the other Aggie coaches put a premium on individual character, academics and how a player would fit into the team chemistry. I'm sure they also believe in "second chances" but only if the infraction was minor and all of those other factors were met.
  • AggieFinn
    We're heading down to SLO this weekend, this will serve as a side recruiting trip no doubt to the central coast and LA area.
  • DrMike
    I know they had a bunch of recruits in last Saturday. Good timing!
  • movielover
    Fantastic timing. I saw the Chancellor and wife w Hawk after the game briefly, and Daniel Fells. We also educated some seniors about Plainfield Station.
  • DrMike
    chancellor is there week in and week out. Nice to hear they were on the field enjoying the emotion.
  • AggieFinn
    How is Daniel Fells doing? I know he had some serious health ailments later in his NFL career that took him out of the game.

Plainfield Station is a slice of heaven on earth.

3496121.jpg
  • DrMike
    Fells contracted MRSA in his ankle, and it was not detected for awhile (chronic ankle injury). Quite a battle to get it under control, came slow to losing his leg. That ended his quite productive career.

I saw him at the alum pregame last season and he looked good and was doing well.
  • AggieFinn

That's great news! Glad they caught it before it got out of control!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Good to hear about Fells doing well. I think it would be great if the Ags offered him a place on the coaching staff...
  • AggieFinn
    Here's some film for you, check out the block by #87 (Fells) at 5:24. Blows out the DE, Doris with the easy run for a TD.

A couple of AST.com dudes going nuts at 5:40

bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!