• 69aggie
    He is quite an outlier in this sport. I love this kind of thing in sports “different things” and such was Alex. From the stats he didn’t do much this year. I look to some experts to bring forth some opinions on how this young man will do next year.
  • Goags20172
    I'll be darned. My password still works. Some topics you can't resist. I see Trautner assuming Barraza's long reluef role, hopefully with fewer runs allowed.

The pitching picture is complicated with Blais, Loar, and Barraza's graduations. This is how I think the rotation + bullpen look for now:

Rotation (in some order):
    Sasaki
    Brown
    Hannah
    The Crocodile Hunter

Bullpen
    Trautner
    Tucker- JC transfer
    Justin Smith- JC transfer
    Moffitt
    Rodriguez
    Wieser
    Mascio- RS freshman
    Andres Lara
    Meredith-- freshman
    Wesolowsky-freshman
    Jordan- freshman
    Peng- freshman ? (likely to spend more time catching)

Closer:Tucker or Smith

I left Torres, Spezia, + Lyford out as I don't know about their respective statuses for next year.

And the lineup while I'm at it:

C:Denholm
    1B:Myers/Briggs
    2B:Van Blake
    SS:Murray
    3B:Arenado
    LF: Matt Smith or Colton Evans
    CF:Kelly
    RF:Morrison- JC transfer
    DH: Myers and others
  • Aggiebaseball
    Losing the entire outfield and senior arms will be a huge challenge. Definitely less big bats in the lineup going forward. Good contact bats are making for a very nice future, but the offense will change with Anderson and Hooper gone.

Looking forward to juco big arms and Jalen Smith. Smith will likely be able to play in several positions.

GoAgs is spot on with the rotation. I hope Irwin gets a starting role, but he will be missed in long relief/close situations. They need to find that guy.

I believe Arenado will get strong consideration in a few positions.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Is Arenado any relation to the Rockies 3B?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!