- QB Jake Dunniway
    - RB Dumar Fisher
    - WR Kristian Gilbert
    - OL Christian Labow
    - LB Christian Leota
    - WR Aaron Moore
    - TE Dan Plum
    - LB Donovan Taylor

Players that I would consider notable losses are Gilbert, Leota, and Moore. Who do you guys think will step up in the depth chart this season
  • Riveraggie
    Odd coincidence of Christian names.
    Our best depth seems to be wide receiver, too bad about losing a big linebacker. But not sure where he would end up in depth chart with all the other competitors
  • movielover
    Non-Senior Departures (10) - shuffled
    Offense - 8, Defense - 2

Roster Departures

- TE Joey Berzins
    - TE Dan Plum
    - WR Marcus Cummins
    - WR Aaron Moore
    - WR Kristian Gilbert
    - QB Jake Dunniway
    - RB Dumar Fisher
    - OL Christian Labow

- LB Christian Leota
    - LB Donovan Taylor

Competition fierce at WR, TE, and QB. Huge OL class, probably a couple walk ons here. We had a DB and OL walk on each earn a scholly, Duncan and Richardson.

Moore was lights out, I hope he returns. Leota is huge, converted QB. We have depth at LB. I wish them all the best and thank them for their efforts.
  • OldAggie
    Any words on who has the early edge for QB2. I know both Johnson and Rodrigues well.
  • CA Forever
    I haven't heard anything, but I'm assuming it's still Spencer's to lose unless one of the new guys really knocks some socks off.
  • OldAggie
    Watched Rodrigues in JUCO last year. Extremely mobile and strong arm. On the smallish side, but makes things happen with legs and arm. I think he might have a shot at beating Spencer. Johnson is a traditional pocket passer, but just wins games. Should be a good battle for that job.
  • movielover
    CJ only threw 5 passes last year.
  • OldAggie
    He's not really lived up to his hype, but who knows.
  • movielover
    Great guy and athlete, just not a typical QB.
  • OldAggie
    hasn't had great opportunities. Poor offensive game plans in his early years.
  • CA Forever
    He just isn't the gunslinger that Hawkins seems to like. Even in high school he was limited in passing. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the new guys or even Harris passes him on the chart.
  • OldAggie
    QBs are often in trouble when the OC that recruits them leaves.
  • movielover
    Your thoughts on San Jose State?
  • OldAggie
    Don't know enough about them. Traditionally, its a good match up for us (lower tier FBS), but they will have speed on offense. If we are going to play an FBS, that's one I'd like to keep on the schedule. I think the Stanford game will be bloodbath, and I'm just hoping we don't leave with a bunch of injuries.
  • Riveraggie

Do you hav by thoughts comparing Gunnor Faulk and Rodrigues?
    Gunnor seems to be in a preferred walk-on status, on the roster but no picture.
  • OldAggie
    I believe Rodrigues is a scholarship player, and he was brought in to fill the void that will be left next year and at back-up based on what we had on the roster. Don't know anything about Folk.
  • Riveraggie
    Faulk is an interesting case, won a high school championship in Georgia as a freshman, prior to moving to California and quarterbacking Christian Brothers,as a senior, setting their school passing record. Similar size as Rodrigues and Harris. Kid got an incredible amount of press. His coach coached at Sac State when Safron was there and compares the two.
    He and Rodrigues and Niko Harris all played in the greater Sacramento area and have some similarities in terms of size and apparently style of play. I expect these players are probably behind Brock for now based on never playing D1 football. But interesting competition.
  • movielover
    Non-Senior Roster Departures - from 2016 team, before 2017 season - 21 total.

Freshmen - 8
    QB Nico Hiller
    OL Kyle Morales
    WR Justin Clarkston
    RB Dylan Rutledge
    DB Bransin Johnson
    LB Will Bowes
    DL Will Allen - injury
    DL Jordan Allen - transfer

Soph - 3
    WR Liam Godrey
    LS Justin Garza
    RB Joshua Kelley - transfer

Junior - 10
    WR Mitchell Sheppard
    DE Deandre Diggs-Ray
    LB Forrest Ferhuson
    LB Matthew Slade
    LB Xavier Griggs
    LB Hunter Wharton
    OL Donnell Toliver
    OL Dakota Dosch
    OL Max Harrison
    TE Nolan Tooley

Plus 21 graduating seniors makes 42 open spots for Coach Hawkins first year.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!