Montana State 47 Wagner 24
    Western Illinois 31 Montana 27
    Sac State 28 Northern CO 25
    PSU 63 College of Idaho 14
    Cal 39 Idaho State 9 with 10:23 to go in the 4th
    WSU 14 EWU 0 with 14:11 to go in the 2nd
    Weber State 11 0 with 14:55 to go in the 2nd
  • movielover
    Oregon 35, SJSU 22. Wow. Good for the Spartans!
  • Riveraggie
    N. Arizona 8.
    Missouri State 40
    A mild upset by a surprising margin
  • DrMike
    I was really surprised by the score.

EWU hanging with WSU down 38-24

Idaho State’s score vs Cal was a little surprising, maybe just garbage time points?
  • DrMike
    On a somewhat related note, Harvard Bear San Diego 36-14 at Harvard
  • Riveraggie
    Thats a surprising margin, too bad.
  • BlueGoldAg
    WSU 59 EWU 24
    Weber State 27 South Dakota 10
    Cal 45 Idaho State 23
    Missouri State 40 NAU 8
    Arizona 14 SUU 3 with 12:18 to go in the 2nd
  • 72Aggie
    Wonder what the travel arrangements were for USD at Harvard and Brown at Cal Poly on Friday. I think some of these FCS teams travel cross-country on game day or take red-eye plane flights to save hotel costs. Didn't Davis do something like that a few years ago when they played Northeastern, and Iona do something like that when they flew out here.

Then again I may be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.
  • SloStang
    Brown arrived by Charter Flight Thursday and flew home Friday night after the game.
  • 72Aggie
    If you're going to have a red-eye, better on a Friday night after the game.

Thanks, and nice win for the Mustangs.
  • NCagalum

Dr. Mille. Watched this last night 60 minute version on PAC-12 network last night after returning from west coast. The score is not indicative of the game. It was 45-9 until a couple late scores by ISU. Unlike UCD Stanford in which both sides played subs at the same time, Kal put in their scrubs early and ISU went with first stringers to the end. Two late scores. QB Gueller passes almost exclusively to his wideout brother. His bro is good but if you stop that, there goes there passing game. ISU also suffered from poor tackling. Cal was rotating a couple QB’s.
  • NCagalum
    Real shocker to me was Weber over South Dakota. Sounds like USD had some early guffaws. I know Utah has a pretty good defense, but watching the Weber-Utah game Weber looked pretty bad. Something like 67 yards total offense for the entire game. I think Weber has switched QBs. It was pretty obvious they missed cantwell from last year.
  • NCagalum
    Southern Utah offensive line is very good. So. Utah did relatively well against Arizona, but the big difference was the advantage in team speed that Arizona had that So. Utah defense was unable to contain. So. Utah is a pretty decent 0-3 team - I think they are better than Weber- time will tell. Eastern Washington’s offense showed well agains Wassu but had same problem on D as So. Utah. NAU hasn’t recovered since playoff shellacking by USD (UTEP is bad) so I don’t see them having any playoff potential this year.
  • CA Forever
    To be totally fair to NAU, they played this game with their back up QB... who also played part of the game against EWU when Cookus went down with an injury. I don't know his time table for return though.
  • NCagalum
    yah, Montana State lost their QB too. But, I don’t think Cookus is quite the QB that he was projected to be. Getting thwacked by Mo. State that badly is problematic even without first string QB. Will be interesting to see how things play out - this is the big sky and anything could happen. In my mind the Ags are clearly the most improved team this year.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!