• CA Forever
    North Dakota (3-2) 38 @ Northern Colorado (0-5) 13

Eastern Washington (4-1) 34 @ Montana State (3-2) 17

Northern Arizona (2-3) 42 @ Idaho State (3-1) 56

Portland State (1-4) 7 @ Idaho (2-2) 20

Montana (4-1) 48 @ Cal Poly (1-4) 28
  • DrMike
    this weekend should bring a little clarity (well, just a little, it IS the Big Sky) to how teams stack up. the EWU-MSU game will be huge, and the NAU-ISU will tell us alot about both teams. Bengals are jacked about beating a 'ranked' UND team, but i think UND was overhyped after beating Sam Houston, who lost again. Wouldn't be shocked to see the Bears beat them in Greeley.
  • movielover
    What are the odds we have a few people at SLO next weekend?
  • ucdavisaggie05
    I hope our forthcoming trampling of Bye will move us further up in the polls.
  • lucche
    I'd think surely one of these teams is going to lose next week.
    Eastern Washington (3-1) @ Montana State (3-1)
  • agalum
    Fellas, im traveling most of the day today and into the evening with just occasional wifi. Score updates from around the big sky would be appreciated.
  • DrMike
    UNC getting beat up at home 24-7 at half to North Dakota
  • NCagalum
    I know this is not big sky but if you have espn+ you might want to tune into NDSU-SDSU. So. Dakota St up 7-0 in first. These may be the best 2 teams in 1AA
  • NCagalum
    UND 30 UNC 7 late 3rd. UND in total control.
  • Zander
    Urgh, I cancelled my ESPN+ subscription after I did my Business Strategy final project on it. That would have been a good one to watch, but not worth a resubscribe right now.

I'm keeping tabs on Austin Peay leading #8 JSU right now; what a feel-good story AP is:
    https://sports.yahoo.com/12-year-old-meet-countrys-unconventional-young-coach-212251713.html
  • NCagalum
    i signed up for the first month free. It’s only 4.95/ mo. So I may not cancel till end of football season.

ISU 7 NAU O. I like ISU at home in this one.
  • DrMike
    ISU 35-10 second quarter! NAU is struggling with their backup QB and their defense is getting shredded

EWU 35-10 in Fourth
  • DrMike
    ISU 35-21 early 3rd, NAU marching
  • DrMike
    Wow, ISU 56-28 at start of fourth. NAU has had 4 turnovers, but the Bengals offense looks good on its own, rushing for 300 yards in three quarters
  • BlueGoldAg
    EWU 34 MSU 17 Final
    Idaho 20 PSU 7 with 1:23 to go in the 3rd
    ISU 56. NAU 28 with 14:28 to go in the 4th
    North Dakota 38. Northern CO 13 Final
  • DrMike
    ISU 56-42. They ran for well over 300 yards. QB was under 50% completion and under 200 yards. Stopping the run will be our challenge in homecoming
  • NCagalum

ISU NAU defense optional game.
    Montana 24 Poly 7 second quarter. I predict Poly will hold Montana to less than 70.

I watched only a little of the Idaho State game, but they do have a couple levels of good running backs.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Idaho 20. PSU 7 Final
    Montana 31. Poly 7 at the half
  • DrMike
    Montana 48-21 early fourth. It was 41-21 poly on Montana 20. Went for it 4th and 4 and stopped. Montana runs 70 yards for TD three plays later.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Montana 48 Poly 28 Final
  • CA Forever
    Wouldn't really say that there were any real upsets this week. Maybe ISU over NAU, but again this is NAU without Cookus. Northern Colorado and Portland State look especially bad.
  • agalum
    Just now catching up with this after a very long day in the air. No real surprises other then maybe the isu nau score.
  • DrMike
    Is cookus comes back soon he can screw up the big sky. NAU ID almost out of it but some late upsets might mess up playoff hopes.

San Jose loses 45-41 in FIVE overtime. That’s a tough one
  • movielover
    Wow! That would have been HUGE for the Spartans.
  • aggiedt60
    What is wrong with Cal Poly? Coach Walsh was actually a coach at my high school when I was a junior and senior...great guy and good coach.
  • CA Forever
    From what I understand on their forum, Coach Walsh's game plan has become stagnant and predictable and there has been a drop off in talent the last couple seasons especially on defense.
  • DrMike
    They moved the ball pretty well vs Montana, but couldn’t stop them. They had 500 yards of offense, 32 first downs. Not sure how many of those were after they were way behind. They gave up a long fumble return for TD to fall behind 17-0, which isn’t a great place for an option team to be. They don’t seem to get the fast score anymore
  • SloStang
    We hold Montana to a FG on their first drive and go down 3-0. We take our first drive past the 50 and went for it on 4th and 1. We do not get it and turn it over on downs. D hold Montana to 3 and out and they punt. Our punt returner decided to try to be a hero and jumped on a punt rolling around our 6 yard line and of course bobbles it and turns it over. Montana scores in 2 plays from to take a 10-0 lead. Our next drive we march alway to around the Montana 20 and the QB bounces off ball off our SB’s helmet and the ball bounce right into the hands of their LB who returns it for a TD to go down 17-0. We dug ourselves into to big of a hole and never got out.
  • 69aggie
    There may be an interesting story behind the Poly situation. It’s history. I believe this all went back to the Tommy Prothro era at Oregon State. The single wing T formation. 2 tight ends, a QB, a wing back, and a tail back. One outside reliever. Power plays into the line. It works very well for awhile. Tommy then moved to UCLA and took this offense with him to a higher level. Sometimes they even used the unbalanced line! I recall the way UCLA circled out of the huddle like a dance team to the line of scrimmage. Very impressive. Then the opponents figured out that this was not a good way to score a lot of points. The defense was the way to defeat this type of offense. Hold the middle of the line. That will do it. It is not a good passing offense, so pack the line of scrimmage and let them try and throw if they are behind. But, i love history, so i love the Poly scheme and I love Tim Walsh as do so many UC Davis people do. Go Poly!
  • BlueGoldAg
    It's been a tough season so far for Poly and, believe me, Aggie fans know your pain and frustration from experience. Big game this week at Sac for the Mustangs and a chance to turn it around. Go Poly!
  • SloStang
    Unfortunately there has to be a change at Cal Poly. I like Tim Walsh and think he is a good coach, but he either needs to make changes on his staff or decide to retire.

I would love to see them bring Saga Tuitelle back as the new head coach. He is currently the run game coordinator/O-line coach at New Mexico. He would bring back some discipline that the program is lacking and he would keep the Triple Option which I think works at Cal Poly with the right OC.

Problem in bringing in a coach with a new offensive scheme is it would take 3 or 4 years to get in the right personnel to run it. I do not know if Cal Poly can afford 3 or 4 years to turn it around.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!