• movielover
    Some female students were punched in the face near the Tercero forms at 4 AM, and a gun was involved.

There also have been multiple laptop heists in Davis coffee shops.

I thought I read a similar crime spree was halted in Santa Barbara.

An on campus friend told me several years ago this happens on a regular basis, hoodlums from outside Davis stealing from often meek-appearing studentz / Asian students.

https://theaggie.org/2018/09/30/breaking-students-victim-of-armed-robbery-outside-tercero-dining-commons/
  • fugawe09
    I recall several similar sprees when I lived there years ago. I don't know that they target Asians so much as anybody who just might not be paying attention to their surroundings at that moment. Beginning of the school year is easy pickings I'm sure. When caught it usually turned out to be someone from West Sac or East Bay, and always a dark hoodie. Good reminder that bad things can happen anywhere day or night.
  • DrMike
    we were up in the mountains last week and I caught a report on one of the Sac channels about the laptop thiefs. very brazen. two guys walk into a coffee shop and grab as many laptops as they can as they run out. makes sense they target a university town where people still rely on laptops when they are out having their coffee. the on-campus crime is very scary.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I was at the apple store in Sac a few weeks ago and 4 "kids" in hoodies ran in and started ripping iphones and macs from the display tables. They ran from table to table for at least a minute before heading out and down the mall. All the employees were very calm and didn't try to stop them. It was a scary although it was clear that if you didn't try to stop them they wouldn't touch you, but still. I hear that it is a fairly common occurrence now at Apple stores.
  • DrMike
    the footage from Davis coffee shops showed victims chasing after the perps (sorry, been watching old NYPD Blues on H&I network lately), which is understandable (its their computer, not the Apple Store's) but dangerous. the on-campus violence is very scary.
  • fugawe09
    Meanwhile Davis police are riding around on toy scooters giving out tickets for insufficient bicycle reflectors. Priorities.
  • movielover
    A friend on campus told me about this happening several years ago. He claimed hoods from West Sac or elsewhere see Davis inhabitants seen as 'soft'. Victims were threatened, and warned to not file police reports.
  • movielover
    Looks like earlier in the month, a CBS camera crew on campus early, 5 AM, had their camera stolen as they attempted to film a news segment!

https://theaggie.org/2018/10/05/cbs-13-camera-stolen-by-robbers-on-campus-getaway-car-strikes-victim/
  • movielover
    Man killed by woman Saturday, no details. Woman arrested.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!