• BlueGoldAg
    Here is a comparison of the playoffs team selections by STATS FCS, the Coaches Poll and the AGS Poll. Again, AGS continues to be the most accurate predictor of the actual bracket (STATS FCS was close this year too). The Coaches Poll continues to be the least accurate predictor. I think the coaches just have too much inherent built in bias to be anywhere objective.

xo2icbbqasrimbi8.png

The Coach's poll (the "official" poll in the toolbox of the selection committee) was definitely the 3rd best in terms of reflecting what the selection committee did. I'd say it was about a draw between the AGS and STATS polls in terms of which reflected the committee the best. The AGS Poll did much better reflecting the seeds and the STATS poll did much better reflecting the at-large teams. Overall though for the 6 years of the 24 team playoff format I think the AGS poll is further distancing itself as a better reflection of what the selection committee will do. Something pretty remarkable, in my opinion at least, is that the AGS Poll hasn't been further than 2 spots away on any seeded playoff team since 2013 (that's a streak of 5 years and counting).

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?216083-Which-poll-is-the-most-accurate-playoff-predictor/page4
  • ucdavisaggie05
    When the AGS, STATS and Coaches polls all came out on Sunday morning with the Ags no lower than 7th...I knew then that we were squared away with a bye.
  • 69aggie
    I read or heard after the EW game that our DL was pretty beat up befor the game and a lot of 2-3s were playing. With the new injury policies regarding the non release of medical info, I don’t know if this was true or that we will ever know. Anyway, two weeks off cannot hurt in any case.
  • eastbayaggie

There's a player participation chart in every box score:

https://ucdavisaggies.com/boxscore.aspx?id=2749&path=football

You would have to choose "Participation" in the pull down link.

If accurate, I presume one can deduce which defensive linemen played in the game or not.
  • AggieFinn
    So far 11 out of 63 A.G.S. voters think we'll get beat by the UNI/Lamar winner (undoubtedly, the A.G.S. community believes the Panthers will be playing that game against us)

AGS Link
  • CA Forever
    Let em think what they want... The Aggies don't give up.
  • AggieFinn

I'm just throwing motivational fuel on the fire. Locker Room stuff, gotta put it up.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Let’s be honest - it’s our first time in the dance. If chalk prevails and we win as well we’ll be underdogs to EWU, and with another win we’d be underdogs at Weber after that..... Hey, come to think of it, I think the Giants were underdogs the whole way through in 10, 12 and 14.
  • Kerberos
    Fortunately, the last time UNI made it to playoffs was 2015. That means only the seniors have any postseason experience (when they were freshmen). Farley (HC) has been coaching at UNI for 18 years so I'm sure he'll know how to prepare them, though.

Honestly, I'd be happy with a home playoff win even if we don't make it much farther than that. This season has already eclipsed all of our expectations, and the future is very bright.
  • AggieFinn
    Forget the future, let's make it happen this season. We're loaded on offense, heed to make a run. These opportunities don't grow on trees!

snl-i-got-a-fever-for-more-cowbell-christopher-walkent-shirt-10.jpg?v=1506510864
  • movielover
    +1. We're loaded, and we have Doss the Boss... and Maier and Moe... just think how YOUNG our D is!
  • AggieFinn
    Well, Uncle Finn, is now coming to the game as well.

Aggie Ticket office closed today, crossing fingers for 3 seats alongside each other come Monday. This means I'll be attempting to give 2 seats in 122 back to the University for resale.

122, Level 100 Row T 7-8, will advise.
123456Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!