• BlueGoldAg
    Bob Dunning's latest column makes a case for giving Saturday's stunning, comeback win over Idaho State a memorable name similar to something akin to the Miracle Game. He argues, and I agree, that the Miracle Game is safe and won't be succeeded by the ISU victory.

However, he does note that far many more fans saw this game and it could become the "Miracle Game" that current students and fans remember since they only know about the Miracle Game because it is shown to all incoming Freshmen. He also lists some other great Aggie wins but contends that this game may be second only to the Miracle Game in terms of significance to the current students and younger generation fans.

Saturday’s miracle win needs a lasting moniker

After our beloved Aggies roared back from a 16-point deficit in the second half to stun Idaho State in overtime last Saturday night, I’ve heard from a number of people who claimed “this must be the greatest Aggie win ever.”

Others were a bit more restrained despite the incredible euphoria of the moment, noting that there is something known as the Miracle Game that other contests must compete with when seeking to gain “all-time” status.

Still others — in recognition of the fact I started watching Aggie football before 98 percent of the fans in the stands last Saturday night had even been born — have sought my wisdom as to where this game might rank in Aggie lore.

So here's your chance to make some suggestions naming this great victory. Post up...I'm sure Bob probably checks our forum out occasionally or add your choice to the comments section at the bottom of the Enterprise article:

https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/saturdays-miracle-win-needs-a-lasting-moniker/
  • Bige70
    I guess "Wide Right" is already taken by Florida State...
  • BlueGoldAg
    Gambler's Delight (in recognition of Hawk rolling the dice on 4th and goal in OT)

Two for the Money (in honor of the 2 point conversion to tie the game)

Never Say Die (but we might get sued by the movie moguls)

Believe in Miracles (probably not distinctive enough from The Miracle Game)
  • NCagalum
    You beat me to it! LOL!
  • movielover
    Great game, but these are just a little over the top.

Don't Stop Believing Comeback?
  • Zander
    Miracle in Gray

Prayer on 4th

Overtime in October

October OT
  • BlueGoldAg
    Nice...keep'em coming...
  • BlueGoldAg
    Aggie Pride Personified
  • BlueGoldAg
    Guts and Glory
  • Gunrock47
    Bengal Breakdown :)
  • BlueGoldAg
    Hahaha...do we really want to go off in that direction...?
  • DrMike
    My buddy Kriss Smith suggested Hawktoberfest!

I like the ‘Big Huevos’ game to honor the 4th down call in OT. Off-color version of the Egg Bowl
  • agalum
    The guys practiced for that OT win and worked super hard. It wasnt a miracle but the result of their tenacity and work ethic. I’d like the name to reflect that effort.
  • Bige70
    @DrMike, it was Brewfest, we have the Hawk, and it was fairly miraculous. I like the Hawktobertest miracle.
  • zythe
    The “Hawktober Surprise”
  • Zander
    ok this is my favorite so far
  • BlueGoldAg
    Good one! Keep'em coming!!

Get your creative juices flowing...and we'll send the best ones to Dunning...
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Hawktoberfest sounds like a winner to me!
  • AggieFinn
    I'm down with Hawktoberfest

The Great Grey Comeback
  • Bige70
    It's Hawktoberfest FTW, Question is do we modify it (with "surprise" "miracle" "comeback")?
  • BlueGoldAg
    I like the Hawktober and Hawktoberfest as starters. I think we should leave "miracle" out of the name because the Miracle Game was genuinely miraculous and nothing can really top that when it comes to miracles.

Here are a couple of ideas for additions to Hawktober and Hawktoberfest:

Hawktober Surprise
    Hawktober Comebacker

Hawktoberfest Surprise
    Hawktoberfest at It's Best
  • zythe
    “Hawktoberwegotpolyhatingonusbecausewearedominating“ game
  • DrMike
    Just hawktoberfest. Simple. Surprise sounds like we were underdogs.
  • Bige70
    Well after the first 45 minutes of the game, I was genuinely surprised at the result. I think ISU was as well.
  • BlueGoldAg
    This is why The Miracle Game can never be topped:

UC DAVIS 1971 Miracle Football Game @ Cal State Hayward, Jim Swan did Voiceover for Announcer

This was an authentic recreation of the missing audio track using documented play by play data and game timing, and reels from the silent films archives of UC Davis football sports program.

https://vimeo.com/32149844#t=12s
  • Bige70
    16 in 20...
  • zythe
    Hawktober Surprise
  • AggieFinn
    The Hunt for Grey Hawktober
  • ucdboyd
    lol- Hawktoberfest is a great name.

It was an amazing game to be at and also a fun time down on field after the game with my 5 year old son.
    mke4r3gf85lbtqva.jpg
    l7zaz3ioj9c0gw99.jpg
  • movielover
    I'm trying to think of a way to play off 5 TDs to 5 different guys.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!