• AggieFinn
    Climbing the mountain...always gets harder as you get closer to the top.

montana-washington-grizzly-stadium-university-of-montana.jpg
  • AggieFinn
    Griz W-L this season:
    Week 1: vs. Northern Iowa W, 26-23 (Missoula, MT)
    Week 2: vs. Drake W, 48-16 (Missoula, MT)
    Week 3: @ Western Illinois L, 27-31 (Macomb, IL)
    Week 4: vs. Sacramento State W, 41-34 (Missoula, MT)
    Week 5: @ Cal Poly W, 48-28 (San Luis Obispo, CA)
    Week 6: vs Portland State L, 20-22 (Missoula, MT)
    Week 7: @ North Dakota L, 14-41 (Grand Forks, ND)
    Week 8: BYE
    Week 9: vs. UC Davis (Missoula, MT)
    Week 10: @ Southern Utah (Cedar City, UT)
    Week 11: @ Idaho (Moscow, ID)
    Week 12: vs. Montana State (Missoula, MT)
  • CA Forever
    At the beginning of the season this was a game that I was fairly confident was going to be a loss for the Aggies. We've been better than I expected this season and the Griz have been worse. The Aggies are going to have their hands full with the home crowd, but I like our chances in this one.

The loss to Portland State and the close win to Sac really stand out to me. Western Illinois is only 3-4 right now as well.
  • AggieFinn

Proper Highlights, showing big plays on both sides.
  • AggieFinn

Watching this...I think we match up well with Montana.
  • CA Forever
    Players to watch for on the Griz

QB Dalton Sneed
    - 1596 passing yards, 61.9%, 10 TDs, 4 INTs
    - 531 rushing yards, 5.5 ypc, 5 TDs

RB Adam Eastwood
    - 424 rushing yards, 4.7 ypc, 6 TDs

WR Samuel Akem
    - 438 receiving yards, 13.3 ypc, 6 TDs

LB Dante Olson
    - 106 total tackles, 9.5 tackles for loss, 5 sacks, 2 INTs, 3 forced fumbles

LB Josh Buss
    - 52 total tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss, 4.5 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries

Our defense is going to have to contain Sneed and force him to throw the ball and on offense we are going to have to make sure to hold on to the ball and throw the ball over their 2 star LBs.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Let’s get greedy. Beat Montana.
  • DrMike
    I’ll be there for my first time in Montana. Should be a blast!
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Have a great time! Missoula is great.
  • ucdboyd
    Pretty nice weather forcast for Saturday in Missoula. High 55 low 38, with slight chance of rain. Should be a great game to be at.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Montana needs to win out to be seriously considered for the playoffs. They'll be sky high and the place will be packed with rabid Griz fans. This will be the most intense environment that the Ags have played in so far this season and the noise will be deafening. This game will be a huge test and a big stepping stone in the Ags' Ascension!
  • movielover
    Would be a serious feather in our hat. Montana, NDSU, EWU 3 biggies.

Article: Don't give up on the Griz Yet

"First, the Grizzlies are two late-game fumbles away from being 6-1. That's not me being nice. It's a fact...."

"...I believe in Hauck's ability to motivate this group of Grizzlies. I believe Montana will be hyper-motivated when 10th-ranked Big Sky Conference frontrunner UC Davis comes to Missoula on Saturday."

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/bill-speltz-don-t-give-up-on-the-grizzlies-just/article_8d6078fb-3ef2-5850-9881-c7623ea074e3.html
  • movielover
    Davis Viewing Party?
  • AggieFinn

The last I was at Plainfield Station, they were playing the Montana vs. Drake game, I'll bet they have a similar feed for this Montana game. Reception was perfect, not an online feed.

welcome-to-plainfield.jpg
  • movielover
    That ... would be awesome. I forget how many TVs they have there ... (big?) ... you must have read my mind, I first thought Grad, then PS.
  • DrMike
    This game, and the 3 after, are the biggest for the program since the 2002 D2 playoffs. Win 3, we’re in. Win 2 and have a good chance. Win 4? Home game
  • AggieFinn

I believe they have two normal sized tvs at the bar. They do have a giant screen on the south wall, it's usually not packed, especially at 1 pm on a Saturday, should be a prime time to watch the game there. I'll give them a call later in the week and see if Pete has something set up for the game.

We'd all be dressing up in costumes right?

0857abac9b711f71eab37034e93df98b.jpg
  • Riveraggie
    Montana has defeated a tougher team than anyone we’ve beat, Northern Iowa. That’s kind of scary.
  • agalum
    Most of their posters on their forum are predicting a loss. River, not downplaying their win at N. Iowa, but they also lost to PSU.
  • CA Forever
    And barely beat Sac. Montana has talent, but they have been inconsistent as hell this season.
  • agalum
    and apparently they have fumblitis.
  • Bige70
    They have lost 2, need to win out to go to playoffs, and its in as hostile an environment as you'll find in FCS outside of Fargo. This is the biggest test of the season. What it's all about!
  • DrMike
    they actually have 3 losses, 2 in the Big Sky. but, point taken, they HAVE to win out.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think this is the biggest test of the D1 era in terms of overall importance for the Big Sky title and playoff implications so far. An even bigger game looms in the distance against EWU if they continue to win and we win this one and take care of business against NAU in two weeks.

That's getting too far ahead of ourselves though. We need to focus only on Montana. This is the big one at the moment and it will be a very stiff test.
  • quadshock
    Any weather implications?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!