• Aggies at Epicenter
    Hi all -- apologies for this semi-commercial post, but at heart this is a passion project for me. I'm a Montana State alum married to a UC Davis alum, and I'm kind of a Big Sky football nut. One thing that has always bothered me is the lack of love that the BSC schools in California receive in the media and from sports fans in general.

I now work at Epicenter Sports and Entertainment in Santa Rosa, and we happen to have one of the best sports bar/restaurants in Northern California (Victory House). Now that I can put my hands on the controls, we are featuring BSC games as often as possible.

This weekend's UC Davis vs. Montana game is a HUGE game in my eyes, and it will be one of our featured games on the screens here at Epicenter.

As we move through the rest of the season, we will be playing as many Davis regular season games as possible (including the streaming ones when possible), and we will be playing as FCS playoff games as possible, including every BSC playoff game we can stream or get through satellite.

I'm really excited to watch the fanbase for Davis, Sac State and Cal Poly, continue to grow in Sonoma, Marin and Napa counties and we intend to be a big part of that growth.

If you don't mind, please pass along this information to any friends you may have in our neck of the woods who enjoy good football on big screens.

www.visitepicenter.com

https://www.facebook.com/BigSkyFootballatEpicenter/

Thanks from Brad at Epicenter! Oh, and please, please, PLEASE beat the Grizzlies!
  • movielover
    Great idea! I suggest you contact ICA and the Cal Aggie Alumni Association to see if you can get some extra free PR. Facebook, press release, UCD Football Twitter, etc. Throw in an Aggie logo or current picture to entice them to retweet it.
  • AggieFinn
    I have half a mind to go up to Santa Rosa for the game!
  • Aggies at Epicenter
    First drink is on me if you make it up here!
  • Aggies at Epicenter
    Great suggestions -- thanks! I did reach out to the alumni association before the season started, but I never heard anything back. I will hit up the social media presences for each, though.
  • agalum
    Finn, did you figure out if PS was going to have the game?
  • AggieFinn

Will call tomorrow.

Grad confirmed. If you want to do Santa Rosa, I'll do it.
  • eastbayaggie
    Hmmm. Santa Rosa is almost two hours from my home. That's a tad too far for me.

I wish there was a cool regular spot in the San Francisco/peninsula/south bay/east bay area for Aggie fans to watch Aggie sports games. Are there any? Or are there potential spots? It just seems reasonable that there should be one eventually.
  • agalum
    cant do santa rosa, believe it or not going to the psu-suc game after ours is over, so need to stay local.
  • movielover
    Didn't the Hopyard on Hopyard in Pleasanton show Aggie hoops?

The Sunshine Saloon ? also once had a game.
  • AggieFinn
    Understood! We're coming to Yolo County then.

All Santa Rosa, North Bay Aggies - head on up to the Victory House at Epicenter!

outdoor-patio-at-victory.jpg
  • agalum
    ok, see you then!
  • AggieFinn

Cammy Jo and Pete are checking in on the availability of the game on Saturday. They said they're going to call me back, if I get no callback I'll call them tomorrow and confirm one way or another. Obviously, the Grad is more equipped to handle online feeds to the big screen, but maybe DirecTV can do something for Plainfield. Will know more soon hopefully.
  • AggieFinn
    Well,

It sounds like Pete and the gang aren't going to figure this one out. No Wi-Fi or ability to stream Pluto TV - and no real ability to tune in any local Montana ABC stations who plan to broadcast the game live. The only outside chance of a tv showing is if local cable can pipe in or air the game...what are the chances of that? I'd check out the Graduate, maybe we hit up PS at about 11 before hand, and make a short drive into town thereafter.
  • agalum
    ok, grad it is. Im up at the lake at the moment on my way to ashland tomorrow. Hopefully flying home Thursday, Friday at the latest.
  • AggieFinn

Ashland, more drama than Shakespeare!
  • AggieHex08
    I've organized a few watch parties at the SF Athletic Club for basketball. Even was able to get an ESPN3 stream played. They just opened another amazing sports bar in Oakland called the Oakland Athletic Club. They for sure would show the game if asked.
  • eastbayaggie

That Oakland place looks huge!
  • AggieFinn
    Reminder, this game will be shown on Missoula local tv, and Pluto TV only. Unless, I've missed notice of a special broadcast?
  • Zander
    sounds right. I'm sure Eleven or Root or someone would have bee picked this up at the beginning of the season if they knew how good the Ags would be...
  • AggieFinn
    Looks like Root Sports is covering Idaho @ EWU tomorrow.
  • agalum
    I wonder if any of the local venues can tap into one of these, since the Pluto stream totally sucks:

WATCH: This week’s game can be seen over the air and on cable systems statewide on your local ABC Montana station (except in Billings where the game will be seen on SWX, channel 8.2 and Spectrum channel 503).
  • agalum
    It looks like an alternative to streaming the game on pluto is to stream it from tha abc affiliate in Montana, who will be broadcasting the game live. This is the app that the site suggested:
    406 Sports by Lee Enterprises
  • BlueGoldAg
    I hope there will be a replay since I won't be able to watch it live. I'll be following along as best I can on my phone if I can get decent reception in the wine country of Amador County
  • DrMike
    It is broadcast on ABC here in Missoula. Just heard an interview with Hauck. Sounds like they are preparing for the 2005 USC team
  • movielover
    1st time @ Montana?

We hope for a full eval ... people, food, vibe, the works.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!