• movielover
    Never been. Long flight for a football game.

What else worth doing before the game, in the fall, for a mini vacation?
  • eastbayaggie
    Ha! I was thinking of going there too. Since I'm a fair weather guy, in a very literal sense, I'm not going if it's raining. My weather source says sunshine but 30% chance of showers the day beforehand. That's something I will monitor everyday.
  • AggieFinn
    I'm partial to movie walks, and Vision Quest is one of the best sports movies ever made, filmed in Spokane! Joe Albi Stadium in NW Spokane...where the first glimpse of "Shute" was shot of him going up and down the bleachers carrying an Ole' Misery Log.

• agalum
    Never been. Long flight for a football game.

I flew 2 hours to get to the SLO game. Flying commercial to Spokane. It will be just south of 2 hours for that one. I will probably stay in Spokane vs Cheney. Spokane is a fun little country town, ive been there several times. The weather will let you know its fall, but Spokane is on the shade side of the mountains so you dont get the rain fall they get on the other side.

It would be fun to get together with the AST crowd while there. My flight gets in friday evening at 6:20 so will be looking for a dinner spot once in my hotel.

BTW, I heard on a EWU broadcast that the tickets were selling out.
  • Russ Bowlus
    The super nerdy thing to do is take a tour of Grand Coulee Dam. :cool:
  • agalum

Finn, you in for this one?
  • DrMike
    I haven’t heard yet about where they are staying ( should be Spokane). I’ll reach out again this week, there will probably be a get together Friday and/or Saturday. There were about 30 of us in Missoula, not counting families.
  • Idaho Aggie
    Cheney is pretty small, and there isn't much to do. But if you have time, look at their fitness center. Great facility with an ice rink. Spokane has Manito Park in the South Hill neighborhood and Riverfront Park downtown. If you have time it's worth crossing the border and visiting Coeur d'Alene, Beautiful lake, and Hudson's on Sherman Avenue across from the resort has the best burgers. But carry cash, they don't take credit/debit cards, and no fries.
  • agalum
    ok, thanks. According to EW, tickets are selling out also.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    too bad WSU is on the road that weekend. Seeing a game in Pullman is a good experience
  • Idaho Aggie
    Here are some suggestions from the Spokesman Review: http://www.spokesman.com/tags/the-lists/
  • movielover
    I've seen flights from the Bay Area around $310, 4-5 hour flight... maybe 1 connection... yeah, in about 6:20.
  • fugawe09
    Apparently drinking and driving is a past time there. Last time I drove, the highway into Cheney had one of those electronic “people killed on this road this year” signs. Drive careful.
  • DrMike
    The Centennial Hotel Spokane
    303 W North River Dr, Spokane, WA 99201
    (509) 326-8000

Is the team hotel. Should be decent turnout of fans, parents, alum
  • agalum
    That was less then half of what I paid in SLO, and it looks like a real nice hotel. Thanks for the info.
  • agalum
    For those going to the EWU game, you will see that the link to purchase tickets does not indicate which sections are the visitor sections. I emailed our athletic ticketing guy and he didnt know either. I called EW to get the info. The visitor sections are sections P and Q. At the moment, there are quite a few tickets available. $28/ea.
  • Idaho Aggie
    Trying to buy my ticket for the game and am having trouble with the EWU website. I've registered, selected my seat and hit 'Continue' but nothing seems to happen. Anyone else have issues?
  • Idaho Aggie
    Never mind, figured it out.
  • agalum
    See you at the game Idaho!
  • Idaho Aggie
    Never mind, figured it out.
  • Idaho Aggie
    Look forward to it!
  • agalum
    Right now the forecast for Cheney is mostly sunny with a high of 42F. Bring your long johns!
    Go Ags
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!