• eastbayaggie
    I like this part in the Davis Enterprise article since now I'm interested to see how good Neufeld and Gonzalez are.

I also like that we're winning some recruiting battles that we weren't winning before.

https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/les-says-schedule-is-what-aggie-players-asked-for/

They’ll be joined by talented newcomers Matt Neufeld, the tallest player on the squad at 6-foot-11, and Stefan Gonzalez.

“I believe this could be one of the most talented, if not the most talented, team we’ve ever had here,” Les added.

“I’m really excited about Stef Gonzalez and Matt Neufeld. Those two guys are going to add something special for us. I expect them to be an important part of the team.”

Neufeld played two years at St. Louis University and Gonzalez played at St. Mary’s, leading the West Coast Conference in 3-point accuracy at 52.6 percent as a sophomore.

“There’s no question the talent on our team has grown greatly. When we started here we weren’t winning many recruiting battles. Now we’re going up against some good schools and good conferences and we’re winning some of those battles.”
  • BlueGoldAg
    I'm looking forward to seeing the team tomorrow night in their exhibition game. The article also said that the team asked Coach Les to increase the difficulty of their out of conference games. The players said they wanted to be tested against some of the best teams and play in places like Assembly Hall in Indiana. So I sure hope we are more talented this year because we're going to need it for sure!
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Thanks for posting this article. Gonzalez could be a real big addition. Great outside shooter to play when TJ needs a break, or along side him. Love the fact that the seniors wanted a tougher OOC schedule to push themselves. Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    OK...I'm bumping this thread up so it isn't buried in all those spam links that have appeared on the forum. Hopefully, one of the administrators will remove them soon!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!