• Toke69
    I never like to give up on the Ags, but I think they're gonna lose....
  • quadshock
    Much respect to the eagles
  • BlueGoldAg
    And how that TD for rubbing it in...no respect for their coach....
  • AggieFinn
    We have 2's in, have had them in for 2 drives. That Modise fumble did not help
  • ucdavisaggie05
    We’re going to need some help before the 18th ya’ll. The Causeway is no guarantee to even be played as Slack just cancelled the game due to air quality.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Barriere threw for the TD with 40 seconds left...EWU coach wanted to make a statement and rub it in..
  • BlueGoldAg
    Wow...the air quality is horrible though...I'm in Sac and the air is a shade of grey-orange....
  • AggieFinn

The NAU @ Sac game was just CANCELLED
  • ucdavisaggie05
    I want a rematch in 3 weeks.
  • AggieFinn
    Camp Fire currently at 100,000 acres and 20% contained
  • movielover
    TT was so impressive with that huge run at the end of the 1st half, we rewarded him with 2 2nd half runs. ... but we gave attempts to our RB known to sometimes fumble.

1. After our first 10 points, it seemed like EWU dominated in the trenches.
    2. Cold may have affected them. 75 degrees to 30 (?) a big change.
    3. Pluto color man puzzled why we went away from our run game so quickly in the 1st half.
    4. EWU 27 seniors, and quick.
  • zythe
    We made bad decisions and didn’t go for it on key possessions.

We lost... we need to get back at it for next game.

We are not a bad team. Even the best teams have to lose sometimes.
  • movielover
    Did he fumble twice?
  • AggieFinn

I don't know did he? Turned it off after the 1st one.
  • AggieFinn
    Flush this.

Let's send out good vibes to all the Hot Shots and fire crews taking on Camp.

To all those folks affected and displaced by the fire...Godspeed.
  • movielover
    Tell me we will finally go back to logging, thinning forests, cutting fire breaks, and controlled burns. Too much dead wood, brush, too much fuel for Mother Nature. Beetle infestation also flourishing in areas.

Agreed. Godspeed and safety.
  • DrMike
    Lick our wounds and refocus. Can’t let EWU beat us next week too. Finish up 9-2 and see what FCS playoffs are all about
  • AggieFinn

Great way of putting it doc.
  • DrMike
    We got beat up today to fall to 8-2. 8 and freakin 2! This spiraled our if control fast, but I’m excited to see where the playoffs go
  • BlueGoldAg
    Totally agree. We have a big game next week and, if we win, I think we still get an at-large bid to the playoffs. Unfortunately, the beat down today will probably send us on the road on Thanksgiving weekend against a highly ranked opponent. The Ags will drop like a lead balloon in the polls because of how badly we got beat.
  • DrMike
    I’m up in the mountains and ESPN wasn’t updating. How many points did they score off turnovers?
  • agalum
    Got beat by a better team. EW has good team speed, very physical, and their D line controlled it. And it was freakin cold, much colder then what the temperature showed. We had a hard time stopping their sweeps, they seemed to make the cut. Doss took some big hits, as did Harrel.
  • BlueGoldAg
    We had 5 TO's that they turned into 21 points including Barriere throwing for a TD on 3rd and goal from the Aggie 6 yard line...52-20 wasn't enough for their coach. Bush league call by him....
  • BlueGoldAg
    Rough week for Aggie fans: MBB get blasted by USF and USD, WBB gets routed by Stanford and the Ags get run out of Cheney. Aggie men's soccer play for the Big West Tournament Title tonight at 7 pm at Riverside:

Soccer final here: http://www.bigwest.org/tv/
  • SochorField
    Old fashioned butt whoopin. It happens, might be good for us at this point in the season.

Back to work. Beat Sac.
  • movielover
    Four TOs when it counted, 2 picks by JM, 2 fumbles by Modise. Maier seemed to often be throwing behind receivers / short... weather, hurried, throwing off wrong foot?

Bland again leads the team in tackles. Nice 52 yd FG by Blair.

First half offense seemed focused on UG, Doss, and Harrell. TT run late 1st half, Crawford, Kraft, Martinez and others surface in the 2nd. We didn't capitalize, defense spent a lot of time on the field. Gased.
  • BlueGoldAg
    EWU had their way with us more so than Stanford.

1. The biggest difference to me was the domination of the EWU's O and D lines. Their D line put a lot of pressure on Maier and their DB's blanketed our receivers. Jake, in an effort to make something happen, threw into double and triple coverage and got burned. I think he was lucky that EWU only picked 2 of his passes.

2. It seemed to me that EWU had a better game plan on offense. They really opened up the playbook whereas Hawk seemed uncharacteristically conservative early on...4th and inches at midfield and punted and it was EWU that was showing creativity on offense.

3. EWU gave us a good taste of what the upper echelon of the FCS is all about. We've made great progress this year but we are not up to that standard yet.

4. We've got a whole lot to play for next Saturday. If we finish 9-2 and tied for the Big Sky title then we will probably get an at large bid to the playoffs. Unfortunately, because the loss was so lopsided we will also probably have to travel and play a higher seed on the first weekend. I don't see a home game anymore.

5. Let's hope that they get the devastating Camp fire under control and no more fires break out during the week or air quality will be an issue for the Causeway. Football seems trivial compared to the heartbreak that so many Californians are experiencing with the loss of their homes and loved ones to the fires and yet another mass shooting. It's been a sad week...
  • Zander
    remember, supposedly there is a bidding process the first round, no seeds outside of top 8. I don't think there's a way for us to guarantee not having a home game
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!