• movielover
    There was the game it snowed at Toomey.

Aggie Stadium opener, sweltering heat.

Causeway Classic moved to Reno.

Any others?
  • Russ Bowlus
    Two DOWNPOUR games stick out in my mind:

1994 game @ Toomey vs Chico when Mike Ichiyama ran for 300+ yards. Band uniforms were wet for weeks. :vomit:

2000 Causeway Classic @ Hughes: the Ojo bomb in driving rain with standing water on the field.
  • 69aggie
    Early 80s. Very wet winter and the Tomb was a soggy mess. Hosting a play off game. We had to rig a raised plastic canopy over the entire field (about 3-4 feet high) and then put in heated blowers to try and dry the field. It worked. Painted the field green. I think we then lost to NDSU/Lehigh. But great effort.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The historic 1982 semi-final playoff game against NDSU. Played in the mud, cold, drizzle and fog. Ags held the Bison on 4 downs from the 6 yard line to win 19-15 at go to Texas for the title game. Lost Ken O'Brien to a knee injury though and we got beat 34-9 by Southwest Texas State.
  • agalum

And that tarp was borrowed from Humbolt state!
  • 69aggie
    Blue, great memory and game. I think “cold, drizzle and fog” might apply to my cognitive skills at this stage of my game. It was so upsetting to see Kenny get hurt. Most knew that probably meant the end of our championship chances.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Maybe we'll get a chance for payback against NDSU this year...yikes!
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Two games in 2001 at central Washington (cold cold severe wind) and at western Washington (freezing cold down pour). I think we won the wwu game 6-0 and hardly threw a pass. Both were as miserable weather as I can remember
  • DrMike
    81 I played in a quagmire vs Sac. Equipment guy gave me some brand new high top shoes with longer cleats. After the first couple drives they were saturated with water and mud. Slowed me down even more! Felt like Herman Munster. And I was slipping in the mud.......cuz about half the cleats come loose and fell off. Terrible field
  • movielover
    If I recall Barry played ok. Turnovers killed us.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    The 2010 Causeway Downpour!
  • movielover
    Was that at AS? I spent one CC under the Aggie Outlet ... horrible.
  • movielover
    Was that also the lightning game?
  • AggieFinn
    We were playing at Aggie Stadium some 6 or 7 years ago, I think we were playing Portland State, and they delayed the game after there was a tornado warning. The skies were slowly spinning about 100 yards away from the stadium, it was pretty eerie.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    2010 Causeway Classic. The lightning game. I had to get picked up after the stadium was evacuated and we watched the rest of the game at our fellowship house. It snapped a 2 game losing skid to Sac State. That was quite a downpour, but the lightning made it memorable. The rest of the game probably had far fewer fans in attendance than today's contest.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    The 2nd half of that game featured the mobile Aggie Pack section that moved along with the Hornet offense along the sidelines
  • fugawe09
    Not exactly a weather event, but there was the 2009 game vs. Montana where somebody forgot to reset the light timer and the stadium lights turned off during play. Was like a half hour delay to restart the lights. I'm assuming this is on somebody's checklist now.
  • AggieFinn

Doubling down on the drama of it...we were 4th and Goal inside the 5 and going for the go ahead score.

Denham threw a pick to Trumaine Johnson (was going for Chris Carter I believe)...Johnson is playing in the NFL.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!