• agalum
    As of yesterday, section 122 was sold out.
  • AggieFinn
    6iMgngo.jpg

Forecasting RAIN late next week. Don't know how this favors anybody, UNI plays in a dome, Lamar was playing down south...they might have actually had a few rain games, we haven't played in the rain all year, got good weather in Greeley, got a nice day in Missoula, heck, Reno Classic was beautiful...just the bitter cold up in Cheney.
  • CK2
    Here’s how good NDSU is relative to everyone else in FCS (I just posted this on twitter). It’s crazy that if these games were posted today they would be a DD fav in everyone. Now JMU is playing better the last two game so some of what goes into that number is their whole body of Work. Stil, that said, I make NDSU -11 over JMU in the Fargo Dome (so 8ish on a nuetral).

UCD has the fifth best odds at 20:1 (ahead of JMU
    & Kenny St) driven by what side of the bracket they are on (ie NDSU isn’t in their path). For reference, UCD WAS 250:1 before the season began. (Ie no chance given) - speaking once again to the remarkable season by this team. The future is bright - and Ags get to play NDSU next year (who will lose a chunk of talent this year)

kfmllpj8mrofmkt6.jpeg
  • eastbayaggie

Massey gives NDSU a 64.97% chance of winning the FCS title, so I guess -210 is within the ball park.
  • eastbayaggie
    Here are Massey's odds for winning:

NDSU 64.97%
    Eastern Washington 16.09%
    South Dakota State 7.01%
    Weber State 3.40%
    UC Davis 2.25%
    James Madison 1.91%
    Kennesaw 1.86%

These are the only teams that have at least a 1% chance of winning.
  • AggieFinn
    NDSU loses 24 seniors and Easton Stick after this season.

You know they're all in.

...and then they'll reload yet again.
  • CK2
    Good stuff on Massey. So rare we see a favorite be this big of chalk esp in a 24 team tourney but right now we have it in FCS & FBS.

JMU @ NDSU will be must watch TV in the quarterfinals (assuming they take care of business)

If NDSU races through this bracket they will go down as one of the best FCS steaks ever. (NDSU ‘13 would be in that convo). But you never know what can happen.

Ags in the fargodome next year with a veteran Qb will be fun.
  • CK2
    Teams not steaks. LOL
  • AggieFinn
    The last time we won in Fargo was a tight game, Jon Grant was the X-Factor offensively, as was our run defense. We completely shut down NDSU's running game that day, best Aggie defense I ever saw was in 2005:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=252952449

5d4fa016ec8f031ec09bb5704d960320_medium.png
  • ucdavisaggie05
    I wouldn’t put too much into forecasts over a week out - it doesn’t seem like they are reliably accurate until 2, maybe 3 days out.
  • AggieFinn

Agreed, I can't rely on anything more than 3 days out when I'm scheduling crews...but there seems to be a clear rain trend coming starting tomorrow. We could get showers, we could get an overcast 50's day. We certainly won't be in a dome.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Agreed. Hopefully it’s more of a shower than a downpour, but, if it’s the latter, we’ll be ready.
  • 69aggie
    Any chance NDSU will not be in the FCS after this season?
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    If NDSU leaves FCS, they'd forfeit the ability to be the Bama of our level with increased budgets too. They'd be crazy to leave, but they do have options unlike the Montana schools (who could join the MWC, but who would have to up their budgets and recruiting big time).
  • ucdavisaggie05
    The only way I see NDSU moving up is if the B1G comes calling. Still, they would need to invest heavily in the Fargodome, and, from what I’ve read, only one sideline can handle a second deck without extensive structural renovations.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Hawkins could have a second career as a motivational speaker. He is an extremely thoughtful, wise man. You will not find many coaches as knowledgeable and articulate anywhere in any sport.
  • agalum
    I told some of my students this morning that they should listen to that speech even if they are not football fans. Very motivational regarding life options and being an Aggie. Also told them that if Hawkins wasn’t coaching football would be preaching on Sunday morning :).
  • 69aggie
    But North Dakota is dripping with all that oil money; surely it can afford to upgrade the dome. Every year its another Groundhog Day for them because of the lack of real competition. Must get somewhat boring to say the least.
  • agalum

Yeah but look at us when playing D2. 20 something league championships. It took a while for us to make a move.
  • movielover
    Won't we have a shot next year after they graduate 24?
  • NCagalum
    maybe like King David, the guy who slew Goliath. Probably just a typo and not meant to be an analogy.
  • zythe
    We can be the big dogs in FCS in this Hawkins era. We’ll have the facilities, California sunshine, and winning tradition. The dominoes will fall!
  • BlueGoldAg
    It looks like the Athletics Department
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!