• fugawe09
    What I'm reading is that students need to come to Aggie Stadium box office this week prior to the game to pickup their free ticket. How convenient.
  • DrMike
    I think they are trying to make it a hot ticket like they’ve done with ESPN games; it’s worked well there. And I think they need to limit students so they can sell surrounding sections. Riding a bike to the box office for a free ticket doesn’t seem that onerous a task.
  • movielover
    Why not MU ticket office? Is Freeborn gone? Anyone been to the new MU?
  • Russ Bowlus
    Afaik, the ticket office at Freeborn has been gone for years.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Yeah, I was wondering about Freeborn as well. Seems like it would be more centrally-located and convenient.
  • agalum
    I thought the students got their tickets on gameday when they line up to get into the stadium, just like BB games.
  • agalum
    Right now the weather man is saying the rain clears out Thursday night with partly cloudy skies on Saturday. Bring the noise, fill the seats. Go Ags.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    The students have to show up. I mean, there are predictions for a cool but clear Saturday. Plus finals won't start for a full week after the game. Even when I was a student 8-10 years ago, the Aggie Pack was much better.
  • Zander
    Same, maybe it's rose colored glasses but even the 2012 Aggie Pack seemed better than we currently have. I know an MC who was pretty good graduated in '13 and after that the leadership seemed to bounce around and was less consistent for the rest of my time there.
  • DrMike
    for the TV basketball games, they had to pick them up midweek. Makes it seem like more of a special event. And they need to have some kind of cap (enough to fill the three sections), so they can sell the rest of the east side
  • movielover
    [Edit] The Aggie also seems slow and uninterested. Tweets late and articles rare about our amazing team and playoff run!

(news tips)

How long does a tweet take? 5 minutes?

Sports does have its own handle: @CalAggieSports
  • 69aggie
    Will Katerina MC? She was great last game. Aggie Pack leaderless, so we hire Katerina. No problemo.
  • fugawe09
    The emcee who opened Aggie Stadium was pretty good. I think his name was Scott, IIRC. Kind of wonder if the guy still rocks plaid shorts everywhere. The Pack was full and loud, but we were still coming off our years of being good. Going back in time at Toomey, there used to be Aggie Pack "characters" in the 90s. I remember Captain Aggie, the SWAT Team, and others. It was amazing how that place would go crazy for Steve's Place Pizza Madness or tube sock madness. Burrito Madness was another story. As it turns out, firing foil-wrapped burritos from a t-shirt cannon wasn't such a great idea.
  • 69aggie
    Well there is a problemo. Kings have a home game at 7 pm. So either the Kat gets an OK from the Kings, or we have no MC for this very big game.
  • 69aggie
    Sorry to follow, but to answer Movies fear of foreign entanglements amoung the students at the game, Kat is multilingual. She can help Movie out up in the stands. You know, a little French here, Greek there, Italian way over there, and throw in some English every once in a while. Would make for an interesting game experience. “ARRETEZ-LES MAINTENANT!”= Hold That Line! It was a common command for the French during WW1 and worked most of ther time.
  • agalum
    Does anyone know if we are going to honor our seniors on 12/1 considering they missed out at the Causeway?
  • CK2
    UCD opened -2.5 vs Nicholls. Lines out early this week. I hit that and someone else clearly did as well. It’s now up to -6.
  • BlueGoldAg
    This has been one of the worst seasons for Aggie Pack attendance that I can remember except for the game with ISU and there's little to no leadership for those that do show up.
  • agalum
    Zander This has been the worst season's for Aggie Pack attendance that I can remember except for the game with ISU and there's little to no leadership for those that do show up.

I know for a fact that this rides heavy on Blue and Hawk and they are working hard to fill the stands. Who manages the Aggie Pack? The band-uh sure has it figured out in terms of when to make noise, when to be quiet. Maybe the pack should fall under the auspices od the band-uh.
  • movielover
    This needs to be nurtured and cultivated ... ICA leaders can help.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    I know for a fact that at least one former emcee has an interest in helping and has offered to be of assistance.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Have him contact Blue or whoever is in charge of the Aggie Pack. Right now the Aggie Pack is on life support.
  • Zander
    I think Aggie Stadium needs Kat more than the G1 Center environment does but I wouldn't be surprised if the pro team takes priority.

For clarity though, she's more of a stadium emcee to introduce the entertainment during timeouts than an Aggie Pack emcee. The Pack still needs student leaders in the trenches teaching students cheers, when to shout, when to stay silent, shouting "I WANT A SACK!" on a crucial fourth down stop, etc.
  • CA Forever
    Honestly chants are fun and everything, but we need someone who is just going to get the students loud as hell on defense and quiet on offense. Honestly just needs to be that simple at this point because the Aggie Pack doesn't seem to be able to handle much more than that in it's current state.
  • Davisbear
    It will be pretty embarrassing if the stadium is not packed. I agree, student interest seems to have fallen off a cliff, despite this being the best season in years. Hopefully someone can motivate the students to come, perhaps that will carry over to next year.
  • aggiblu
    The Aggie Pack isn’t on life support, it is flat out dead.
  • eastbayaggie
    Here are the updated Massey odds for winning the championships:

School - Current - (Previous) - rough odds

NDSU - 62.01% - (64.97%) - 2 to 3
    Eastern Washington - 17.41% - (16.09%) - 6 to 1
    South Dakota State - 8.45% - (7.01%) - 12 to 1
    Weber State - 4.67% - (3.40%) - 20 to 1
    UC Davis - 2.67% - (2.25%) - 40 to 1
    Kennesaw - 2.12% - (1.86%) - 50 to 1
    James Madison - 1.07% - (1.91%) - 100 to 1

These are the only teams that have at least a 1% chance of winning.

It's interesting to see NDSU and especially James Madison's chances decrease after round 1 games.

Also, UCD's chances of winning against UNI has increased from 67.26% to 70.78%.
    Massey predicts the score will be 31 to 24 in UCD's favor.
  • Gunrock47
    UCD has done some pizza giveaways at basketball games over the last couple weeks that have gotten kids in the door. They've been sneaky and not given out the free pizza till halftime, so they stay in The Pavilion. But then most of the kids do leave as soon as they get their pizza. Maybe free food might entice some to come out to football too?
  • oldschool
    Haven't seen this discussed yet... two recent Aggie coaches are on the UNI coaching staff:
    Coach McCann: https://unipanthers.com/coaches.aspx?path=&rc=676
    Coach Braun: https://unipanthers.com/coaches.aspx?path=&rc=675
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!