• AggieFinn
    Poll's up: A.G.S. Link

UNI is a big, strong, physical team - plays hard nosed defense...do they have the speed and awareness to cover the Aggie aerial attack?

Polar opposite philosophies, Aggies don't care about time of possession...UNI runs the ball hard and tries to control the clock.
  • Riveraggie
    I think the idea that they’re big and of questionable speed is not correct. They play three down linemen on defense who are normal size for today and their linebackers and DBs are not big. They reportedly converted to a 3-3-5 defense in mid season. I don’t think that necessarily means five DBs, but they went to it because of injuries to linebackers. They are tough against the run because they “run to the gaps”. Their coach calls it a downhill defense, by which I think he means guys on D are running up field.
    Awareness may be an issue, They have some young or less experienced guys playing due to injury.
  • AggieFinn

"Looks like a very nice stadium. Looks like a great place to play..."

• BlueGoldAg
    From the Eastern Iowa Gazette article:

After the game, Farley complimented wide receivers coach Pat McCann, who for the second consecutive week assumed play-calling duties with offensive coordinator John Bond absent due to family issues.

“It might have been the most well-coached offensive football game adjusting-wise that I’ve been involved with in a long time,” Farley said.
  • AggieFinn

Spencer Brown has never had an In 'N Out Burger. Something tells me he'll be eating about 3 over on Olive Friday night.
  • 69aggie
    Imagine if someone had the guts apply for a business license in Davis for a “Woman’s Fantasy Sports Bar”? The City Council would be apoplectic; the streets full of protesters; the Enterpise against! The Sac Bee would send its corps of investigative reporters (now one person) to attack this horrible sexist idea: APPLICATION DENIED!!
    Yes, Iowa maybe more fun that Davis by far. . . .
  • DrMike
    i was surprised that UNI only drew 4100 folks on Saturday. maybe a full house of 10000 will seem really big to them!
  • Riveraggie
    the key determinant on the politics is who is fantasizing.
  • AggieFinn

That Thanksgiving weekend game is a real killer if you're not local!

Looks like they are enticing the Students to come out for cheap pizza aaaaaaaand BEER!
    GOOD BET!

Checkpoints will be up folks, go easy on the way out.
  • CK2
    Well said Riveraggie

I’ve tried to find injury info and can’t So not sure who is out or might return. UCD getting a week off this late in the season has to do wonders for all the guys who are a little knicked up.

I think their size comes from their OL which is pretty big. You mentioned the DL being more normal sized on previous post as well.

Definitely a contrast in styles, should be fun to see the game plan and how it adjusts based on the looks the Panthers show early. Hoping it doesn’t rain and nuetralize some of the explosive UCD O.
  • AggieFinn
    Latest reports showing no rain Saturday, or rain early.

Game Time: 4 pm PT

Tailgate opens at around or a little before Noon.

XEmmG2z.jpg
  • DrMike
    i just saw on Facebook that there is a student tailgate starting at 1:30. Free entry, food trucks, free pepsi products. music. $2 woodstock pizza. $3 beer. if they can't be bothered to come over for THAT, there may be no hope.
  • AggieFinn

$3 beers, young livers and strong vocal chords. It was always the perfect combo for getting noise into the stadium!
  • Bige70
    14 likes so far. Not sure if I'll call that encouraging yet, but that's a great marketing idea. I really hope it works.
  • Fiat Lux
    I honestly think the student tailgate is such great idea. We currently have no football culture on campus and it will take time, and more wins, to really change that culture. Encouraging students to come out for more than just football is a great way to kickstart cultural shift. All of these big D1 schools whith students waiting in line for tickets have a gameday culture which includes tailgating. It stretches past the stadium and into their cities. I think doing stuff like this and encouraging student groups to have their own tailgates could be a huge boost to our own gameday culture.
  • AggieFinn

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!
  • Fiat Lux
    Thank you! I actually read them quite religiously but don't comment all that often. I love the enthusiasm you all have for the University and love reading your insight!
  • AggieFinn

Type on fellow Aggie. We love all the opinions...it's great to have a year where we talk about all the winning...and the hope we can continue this success in the future.

Encouraging student groups to get out and advertise themselves is also a great idea. College can be tribal...I always had my engineering tribes of fellow classmates, student teams and circle of football friends. I can't tell you how many Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Indian, Thai and African friends I introduced to American football.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The students also get to choose what kind of tailgate entertainment they want: a live band or a DJ. DrMike is right, if this promotion doesn't bring the students out, it's hopeless...

jmc6bl7x1y18ck5b.png
  • BlueGoldAg
    Does anyone know if there will be food trucks and beer vendors available before the game to the general public as well as the students?
  • agalum

Good find on the videos Finn. Found the comments by the UNI coach interesting regarding being happy with their offensive performance against Lamar. They won, barely. He does sound like a nice guy though.
  • NCagalum
    Well EWU had a lot of rushing yards in the Ags so that is the one thing that worries me a bit. Clearly the Aggies have more explosiveness, but the line of scrimmage cannot be neglected.
  • AggieFinn

Put pressure on Jake, and it throws off his game. Same story for most QBs. He's handled it better vs. Sac State though, 2 rushing TDs, kind of like he's knowing when to fold 'em...and TAKE OFF!
  • Riveraggie
    The UNI guys seem intelligent and likeable in the videos.
    Strange that such an established program took on two coaches from Gould’s staff
  • movielover
    It used to be the night game, then frat row ... except for holiday weekends, always tough.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!