• agalum
    Weather currently calling for a mixture of rain and snow for gameday.
  • CK2
    Will be interesting to see how that neutralizes the EWU offense if at all. They can run it so well and now with Barriere just another dimension at QB. Two years ago, they played the semi-final game @ Cheney vs YSU in awful snowy weather. EWU was favored by 7, lost by 2. But they put up 38 points and threw for a ton of yards (Cooper Kupp team). This is going to be a really interesting matchup. I don't think Nicholls can beat EWU but they are a pretty talented group that present some challenges.

Nicholls:
    -Very balanced, run v pass
    -Fourcade is a mobile Qb and they love to use him with direct runs and RPO's. He throws it well and is playing the best football of his career the last few games. Against a talented DL like EWU, a mobile QB is a certainly a help.
    -Beat Kansas in first game of year. FBS win is an FBS win.
    - Top 25 in defense/YPP
    - Great with "Havoc" - 6th nationally in tackles for loss with over 8 per game, 5th nationally in sacks at over 3 per game.

I believe EWU is the 2nd best team in the nation. But this will be an interesting game to watch to see if Nicholls can test this group at home and if the weather plays any factor on either side.
  • fugawe09
    If Nicholls were to win, where would the next round be played? At Nicholls or at the winner of UCD/UNI?
  • agalum

If we beat UNI i beleve we would host Nicholls since they were not seeded.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Let's hope the stars align!
  • AggieFinn
    Nicholls beat Kansas this year.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!