• movielover
    Did Tehran Thomas suffer a concussion? Odd, it looked like he was hit from the side.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It certainly looked like a concussion. He was face down for a long time and sitting up for a long time too before he slowly got in the cart. His head hit the artificial turf very hard. I hope he will be ok. That was a serious looking concussion. Erron Duncan also appeared to suffer a concussion as well.
  • movielover
    Coach Arp would have thoroughly enjoyed this year, as would Coach Sochor.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think all the former Aggie coaches are smiling from wherever they are...
  • NCagalum
    Thoughts about game
    (and season). Watched 2nd half today due to daughters graduation party last night

The only issue I have to bring up is the missed catch that would have put the Ags inside the Eastern 40 late in the third quarter. That was clearly a catch as noted by the broadcasters. As a third down play turned the ball over vs. good possibility of points. I don’t know the exact responsibility of the replay folks in the booth but seems to me it is their job to buzz down. I think The reason why Hawk did not call time out and challenge (and would get timeout back if won?) is that it happened in the other sideline and receiver didn’t know he was in bounds.

I thought they played with great effort, and D was again outstanding. The EWU back was tough and his play and a couple of Barriere Houdini acts were the difference. D probably gassed somewhat in last drive. Really, quite a game.

We should be very proud of this team and coaching staff. Hawk et al. has fanned the flickering flame of Aggie pride back to life after it had nearly been extinguished in recent years. (OK, one gets more philosophical with age - not to mention one tends to use more metaphors). I think they have clearly established their current status as a top FCS program, having earned their rank/seed and lives up to it in the playoffs.

We all wanted to see another win and take it back to Davis-you don’t get opportunities like this often and need to take advantage of them- but the number of young “contributors” on this team is really outstanding and bodes well for the future.

This board has been fun and look forward to discussing more Aggie football.
  • movielover
    I agree, with one exception. I'm not sure top FCS status is achieved after one playoff run. We now need to reload at wideout (we have a talented core but Doss probably had 13-15 attempts each game), and on Defense. We're losing 5-6 solid players on D.
  • NCagalum
    yah, maybe established/ achieved is a bit strong word, but I thing the Age are where they should be and with the talented youth they have and Maier back, I don’t see them slipping next year nor in the near future. I do think they achieved it for this year (I guess that is what I meant by “current”) at least and lived up to the hype. Nearly all their games were won easily (Idaho State had some luck which is needed for any great season) so tossing out Stanford and the “not showing up game”at EWU they either fairly clearly won or could have one (this last) every game.

Of course continuing to do it on the field will be the proof.
  • zythe
    Football is back...

Imagine this year in and year out?
  • BlueGoldAg
    The spectacular catch you mentioned was definitely a catch and absolutely should have been reviewed. The EWU coach and everyone else on their sideline were vehemently waving that the receiver was out of bounds. They weren't protesting the catch...control was maintained..they thought he was out of bounds at the time he made the catch but the replay showed that was not true. Spilt milk now but we got robbed by the replay officials not doing their job and taking a look at it and in a game that was this tight that was significant.
  • NCagalum
    yah, and my bigger point was that this was not an “ifs and buts” category but a real definite occurrence.
  • movielover
    Can we replace Moe, Cloud, White, Baumgart, Olave and Parenteau?
  • zythe
    Was that catch made by a red shirt freshman who is a 3 star recruit?
  • NCagalum
    In my opinion Moe and Baumgart the biggest impact players, although all good. The simple answer is that one has to and replacements happen every year and certain folks emerge. I do think focusing on D line personnel in recruiting and development is maybe the most important area. I think the overall stable of linebackers is good. But what do I know? I’m just a shade tree wanna be coach.
  • movielover
    Don't know, I think I missed a few plays when the feed bogged down.

Heckuva TD catch by Babb, gutsy call by Plough, awesome throw by Jake. Is that called a corner fade?

At several points yesterday, I thought we'd be kicking a FG with our previous staff. The gamesmanship on the 2 point conversion was great!
  • NCagalum
    add white to my list of impact players.
  • DavisAggie
    Moe, Cloud, White, Baumgart, Olave and Parenteau? Collectively, absolutely. Moe will be missed, but remember he wasn't even a starter at the beginning of the year. (he replaced Parenteau) Guys step up and I expect us to be better defensively next year
  • AggieFinn
    Two questionable calls during the game:

26:37 - personal foul on #72...of the offense. Riley wasn't even in on the play, Coach Best pulled #72 aside of the defense and gave him a long talking to. WHAT THE FRIGGIN' HELL WAS THAT CALL? IT killed that Davis drive.

1:43:30 - Crawford caught that.
  • BlueGoldAg
    When the ref made the the unsportsmanlike call on the field he looked like he was confused. Then I saw Best lecturing #72 for EWU I thought the same thing...WTF... The officials upstairs chose not to review the Crawford catch so they blew that one too. Two big goof ups by the officials...
  • movielover
    +1 I believe the announcers also caught the apparent mix up on #72, I believe that was also a real drive killer. Ugh.
  • Riveraggie
    Regarding can we replace the seniors on defense the answer is yes.
    Our returning guys saw a lot of action.
    Young guys need to elevate their game. Can Suani become better than Cloud was? Can Peacock become better than Baumgart? Can guys come back from injury like Nixon and Jaylin White and restore the depth we lost? Also this year would be a good time to add an interior defensive lineman.
  • DrMike
    Tehran has a concussion. I think the second guy hit him in the head as his head was hitting the turf. Could have been a penalty
  • lucche
    A simple yes. That was a catch and should have been reviewed.
  • movielover
    Yes on another interior defensive lineman. I believe DeAndre Morgan 6'2" 280#, young DE, went down early, and we have S Aliki.
  • Riveraggie
    Hopefully hell be back? The cupboards not bare there but underclassmen haven’t had a big impact in the interior defensive line
  • BlueGoldAg
    I certainly hope that Tehran Thomas is on the road to recovery. That appeared to be a very serious concussion. I don't think I've ever seen the medical staff take that long before getting a player to their feet after getting concussed. Concussions like that can sometimes have long lasting effects.

I've been thinking about him. He's not only a very talented RB but he also seems to be a amazing young man as well. I know the medical privacy rules prevent anyone from commenting on injuries but it really does leave concerned fans hanging.
  • BlueGoldAg
    CJ Spencer
    ‏ @CJForSIX
    Dec 8

I love all of yall man! It's never been the games or wins that have made this experience unforgettable.. it's been MY BROTHERS & the Aggie Pride within. Agscension has officially begun!
    0 replies 6 retweets 64 likes
  • SochorField
    Heartbreaker! Not many people gave us a chance to win this one - probably just us on AST!

Gave it all we had.....coaches, players, band-uh. Fantastic, prideful effort.

This is the most fun I've had watching Aggie football - ever. Looking forward to next season already.
  • DrMike
    I have really appreciate the contributions of Spencer and Hicks (and I'm sure there are others). They had significant roles under Gould, and those opportunities dwindled under the new system (expect for Spencer's Wild Hog role last year). But, they worked hard to make the most of those opportunities, were team leaders, and OUTSTANDING students. Both are destined for big things in their fields. Winning is great, winning with outstanding kids is even that much better.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!