Projected Quarterfinal Lines:
    Colgate @ NDSU -24
    Kennesaw St @ SDSU -13.5
    Maine @ Weber -8.5
    UC Davis @ EWU -11.5
  • AggieFinn
    I want to check out that Maine/Weber game
  • CK2
    that game should be fantastic. Strength on strength. Maine run d is phenomal and Weber wants to pound it w Davis. If Maine can take it away can Constantine win the game w/ his arm? Maine is also just a better team with Ferguson back at QB. What they did to Jax St yesterday was impressive. Watched the whole first half. They love to throw fade after fade down the field and Ferguson drops them in the bucket most the time. Watch for it Friday. Weber D is lights out. This could be the best game of the four.

I look forward to seeing what adjustments UCD makes on both sides of the ball this weekend. I think the OL will be up against it but fare better having seen this group already. EWU front seven can bring it. But gonna have to put up 30 plus. Settling for FG’s this weekend is a no-no. Need 6 not 3. EWU will hit 30 just need a few key stops. Win the turnover battle. Expect the Ags d to take some aggressive chances with the D schemes. May result in a TD but could also result in a big loss/turnover.

Would expect some trick plays to be in the playbook for use this week.
  • CK2
    Revised:
    SDSU -7.5 @ Kenne St (forgot that this game not in Brookings. Changes things a little bit)
  • SloStang
    Congrats on your first playoff win yesterday and best of luck against EWU this week. Go Aggies!!!!
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Thank you, SloStang.

Who would the UC DAVIS / EWU winner face in the semis?
  • Kerberos
    thanks SloStang! ICYMI, there's a thread on the mustang boards for our game against UNI yesterday. Love the mutual respect (and dare I say comradarie?) that exists between these two California FCS rivals.
  • Zander
    Weber/Maine winner, likely Weber
  • CK2
    Limes just dropped. NDSU -22, Weber -10 (I bet that and it’s long gone now -7), EWU -10, SDSU -7.5

Also bet NDSU-22. They should curb stomp again.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Will the Aggies come into the EWU game with a chip on their shoulders after the beat down by the Eagles previously and the fact that their HC, Aaron Best, had Barriere throw another TD with 41 seconds to go in the game when they were ahead by 32 points?

Best continued that trend of running up the score in the following week when the Eagles trounced Portland State 74-23. His willingness to keep his starters deep into the game and pour it on has not gone unnoticed by the Weber State head coach, Jay Hill:

No. 2 Weber State head coach Jay Hill, in an apparent shot at Eastern Washington’s Aaron Best, said “We don’t blow people out to get style points. We don’t believe in that. It’s not ethical.” …In the final two games of the regular season, Eastern played its starters late into the game in wins of 59-20 over the Aggies and 74-23 over Portland State. Against UCD, Eastern’s starting quarterback threw a touchdown pass with just 41 seconds left and the Eagles leading, 52-20. Said Best, “Our motto was ‘Leave No Doubt,’ and we did that all year.”

https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/ucd-football-hosts-northern-iowa-in-fcs-playoff-match/
  • 72Aggie

"Am I seeing that right? All Eight Seeds advance to final 8?"

Duquesne's first round victory at Towson is the only win by a road team thus far. In the second round all of the seeds/home teams won.
  • eastbayaggie
    Here are the updated Massey predictions to win the whole thing:

#1 North Dakota State: 66.28% or about 1 to 2 odds
    #2 Eastern Washington: 16.45% or about 5 to 1 odds
    #3 Weber State: 5.30% or about 20 to 1 odds
    #4 Kennessaw State: 0.77% or about 130 to 1 odds
    #5 South Dakota State: 8.14% or about 12 to 1 odds
    #6 UC Davis: 1.95% or about 50 to 1 odds
    #7 Maine: 0.08% or about 1250 to 1 odds
    #8 Colgate: 1.02% or about 100 to 1 odds
  • DrMike
    Quick check on southwest, two adults non stop from either San Jose or Oakland would total about $1400. A little too steep, especially in December
  • movielover
    Is it true that our D line was banged up that game, and we're now more healthy? Incl. a bye week.

It also seemed maybe we weren't prepared for the cold weather gear wise... I don't recall seeing turtlenecks, dickeys, heavy coats ... if you're consistently playing it may be less of an issue, but waiting 30 minutes to sub in for 1 or 2 plays would be tough.
  • movielover
    Would a charter flight/s via ICA be in order? At least try, with tech (email, Facebook, text) it should be so easy to ping alums / grid club ... whether 100 or 300. A lot of players parents also want to go, why not make it easy? $300, $350? Can we get the whole band there?

Edit: Cheaptickets has RT from SFO to Spokane for $385 pp. Bargain secret fair for $285. FYI.
  • Russ Bowlus
    The band is taking buses, from what I have heard.
  • fugawe09
    It’s not a bad drive really from Davis. A lot of open road up through eastern Oregon. I definitely did it in a Ford Econoline van for the fog game.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Same, but in one of the Fleet Services MCIs for the '95 game at Montana. Love the volcano tour as you head up the eastern side of the Cascades.
  • fugawe09
    good times I’m sure. I spent the night in one of those MCIs when it dumped its alternator near BFE, Oklahoma en route to Conway, Arkansas. I don’t think Fleet lets students drive long distance anymore and I heard they were out of the coach business altogether and it was all outsourced.
  • fugawe09
    2005 at EWU. Fog rolled in so thick visibility was maybe 30’. Nobody had any idea what was happening on the field. The kind of wet cold that bites to the bone.
  • agalum

Freezing fog there 3 weeks ago but it was clear on the field at game time.
  • 72Aggie
    Saw a fog bound game between USC and Oregon State in Corvallis in 2004. Okay, really didn't see it. So foggy that from the south end zone there were periods of the game that we simply could not see the action on the field. One play in particular stands out, or so I'm told...Leinhart threw a TD to Dominique Byrd that could only have been a timing pattern. I don't think Lienhart could have seen Byrd when he threw the ball and Byrd could not have seen the ball in flight. From our seats we only knew something had happened by hearing the crowd from the opposite end of the field.
  • IFVeritas

Sophomore QB as a midseason injury replacement, needs every last game speed rep he can get. Even when the the third string guy goes in, he gets the whole playbook since the freshman is now the backup.

I expect teams will have taken exception to the play calls, but Coach is playing the hand he was dealt when he lost his Walter Payton candidate.

Just offering a different perspective.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Thanks for your post. There's usually more to the story than meets the eye. Looking forward to a great ball game Saturday.
  • CK2
    I’m not sure on the front 7 and if there were guys missing. Anyone else know? I read that info on here but am not sure and haven’t inspected the starters/player participation chart.

Also in regards to Barriere, I’m sure EWU fans may have different perspective but when you are up 52-20 w under a minute left against 2nd string players at home and throwing the ball for TD’s it’s uncalled for and majority of people would agree. Was that specific rep needed again non starters? No. He’s been starting for 4 games and crushing it. When your coach continually makes comments about leaving no doubt it’s clear it wasn’t about the reps. He’s trying to make a statement. He’s got the offense to embarrass teams at times. He chose to pile on.
  • agalum

Thanks for stopping by. I was at your place when we last played. Ive watched Gunrub (sp?), but frankly Barriere scares me more with his mobility. His accuracy and touch on the ball has significantly improved. He faults when he has to make quick decisions, but who doesnt? EW has many weapons and is going to burn you with one or the other. Ags need to match scores and keep it close going into the 4th.

Sorry, but im in the camp with not “liking” Best. And btw, whats up with your stadium PA playing loud music when the opposing team is snapping the ball? Was surprised your team was not flagged for that.
  • fugawe09
    Yeah I don’t think Best was running reps. He was running the score up because of perceived sleights in previous playoffs. One might think he’d pull his golden boy when the fate of the game was sealed just as injury prevention since he thinks he’s going to Texas. As for Barriere, must give credit as a talented athlete. Celebrating big plays is part of football, but the young man grabs his crotch more than Michael Jackson. He’s either in need of a little more humility or a lot more Lamisil ointment. Demenour reminds me of Sac State if they were good. A wise person once told me to mind the karma you sow into the world because it will come back to you. Might not be next week, but the football gods will find you.
  • CK2
    A bit surprised Jake wasnt a finalist for the Walter Payton.

Hodges is a beast and broke all time fcs passing record, deserves to be there.

Easton Stick is an absolute stud and was probably gonna be there no matter what but JM's stats far surpass him. (Gotta account for Stick not playing in some of the 4th quarters (Like Tua)

Burks is interesting. He's awesome - ran for 900, threw for 1k but really? Ok, he has 39 TD's, impressive but I'm a bit surprised this isnt JM.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!