• movielover
    #6 UC Davis Football@UCDfootball
    ·
    "We’ll be hosting a watch party
    @WoodstocksDavis
    this Saturday for our playoff game against EWU! Half off pitchers of Bud Light and Gunrock Lager!
    #GoAgs | #Agscension"
  • DrMike
    And this : ‘There will be a student watch party taking place at Segundo Dining Commons this Saturday for the football game against EWU at 1PM. There will be an additional watch party Woodstock's Pizza Davis with half off pitchers of Bud Light and Gunrock Lager specials! Both begin at kickoff at 1PM! #GoAgs
  • fugawe09
    You know any cash customer can go to the DC, don’t have to be a student. Saturday’s lunch menu includes tofu in black bean sauce, Mexican rice, sautéed spinach, curried lentils, piñata beef, and breakfast pizza, if you’re interested... Or you could go to Woodstock’s.
  • Zander
    there were days when I felt the DC tried to hard. This sounds like one of those days.
  • DrMike
    hmmmm....woodstock all-meat pizza vs. tofu in black bean sauce......decisions, decisions.
  • movielover
    No chicken tiki masala pizza? Its now a thing.
  • Bige70
    @fugawe09 Last year my 10 year old daughter had a soccer game in Woodland. I thought it would be fun for her to eat at the DC with the college kids. I guess i talked up the variety and quality of the food a bit too much - she was not impressed.
  • Riveraggie
    Maybe it’s healthier than it was. I remember 40 years ago having pie, strangely enough often gooseberry, with lunch and dinner,.
  • AggieFinn
    iFiberOne Article: Link

Athlon Sports and Life: Link

Hero Sports: By the Numbers

Spokesman: Link

Dunning Picks the Quarterfinal Winners: Homer Link
  • NCagalum
    Man that sportscaster looks like he just got off his horse.
  • Idaho Aggie
    According to Weather Underground it will be cloudy Saturday in Cheney but no precipitation is expected. They predict it will be a balmy 29 degrees. I will definitely have my winter boots on. I'll tell my son to dress for the weather and he will probably bring a sweatshirt.
  • NCagalum
    Ball security and defense are obvious keys to the game. Getting penetration to disrupt the running game, not to mention pressure on Barriere will be important. I thought the Ags played maybe their best defensive game of the year last week and I think they are improved. In my mind the defense won the UNI game and it is kind of nice that you can win without putting up 40 points. EWU is more potent, of course, but the goal is still to keep them in check, and do it for more than one half. Desire will be a big key too (see Biggs quote about CWU game). They need to want it but keep under control. This is all obvious stuff but my point is that it will depend on much more than Maier. Everybody has to do their part.
  • AggieFinn
    Keep Maier clean, corral Barriere, no turnovers.

All easier said than done. This is the biggest test of the season (except Stanford) - have to be laser sharp in the cold. MUST FINISH STRONG.
  • DrMike
    My strategy is fair catch EVERY kick, kickoff and punt. No fumbles in kick game.
  • NCagalum
    not a bad strategy, especially in the cold. It would be interesting to get stats on the proportion of returned kickoffs that were returned past the 25 yard line. My guess is < 0.5. Plus no chance of fumbling during the return.
  • Riveraggie
    They were covering Doss so well in the first game that something else has to be available. Like in the UNI game, we need take what they give you.
    We ran too many plays that were slow developing, Let’s run the ball some and be balanced,
  • DrMike
    Be interesting to see how healthy we are at WR. Seems like we’re getting a little thin there.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Who is knicked up?
  • DrMike
    Was it kraft or Crawford who came out last game with a shoulder? Not sure if they went back in.
  • Riveraggie
    I think it was Kraft, Don’t know if he came back.
    I also suspect Vaughn is hurt as he didn’t play.
    Babb played a bit.
  • DrMike
    Doesn’t look like Vaughn has played since EWU.
  • agalum
    I thought it was Livingston that got hurt.
  • DrMike
    I think you’re right
  • movielover
    Agreed. And we have a 180 pound RB / return msn who has 4 fumbles on the year?
  • Riveraggie
    The UNI radio announcers identified Kraft as leaving the game with some injury after a catch.
    Apparently replaced by Babb. Not sure Babb played much, but he is in list of game participants. With our list of receivers Babb would be pretty far down the list if all were healthy.
  • Riveraggie
    So the health questions for us are: who is not available at wide receiver and is Brandon Jamison out.
  • DrMike
    I think DL in general is a question. I don't think Peacock played last game. Seems like we've been a bit patchwork since EWU. but, i believe they have injuries also.
  • CK2
    For sure they'll be missing thier all conf safety and prob their all conference DL as well (both played vs UCD). There are other injuries but an EWU could prob enlighten more than I could....Everyone feeling it this time of the year. I know EWU has lost quite a few starters this year, really speaks to strong depth across the board.
  • SochorField
    "The December of Depth"
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!