• Russ Bowlus
    Championship game of the "Lady Griz Classic" tips off at 1pm this afternoon.

UCD is coming off a tidy victory against Nevada that saw contributions from up and down the line-up, in addition to Morgan Bertsch setting the UC Davis record for scoring across men's and women's basketball. Another record could fall today if Kourtney Eaton gets 5 assists to break her coach's career assist mark.

First meeting between these teams. Montana has losses to Gonzaga and South Dakota State and wins against Northern Illinois and Providence (MT).

Tournament notes from the Montana website: https://gogriz.com/news/2018/11/30/womens-basketball-lady-griz-classic-upcoming-this-weekend.aspx

Coach Gross will be looking to see improvements in turnovers and free throw shooting, in my opinion.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Nice write up, Russ.

I think there is a good chance that the Ags can come home with a .500 record if they play the way they did yesterday. This team is still coming together but some of the combinations of players Jen Gross has been trying is beginning to pay off as the Ags find a rhythm.

Live online stream on Big West TV (if you can get their wonky link to the game to load!):

https://bigskyconf.com/sports/2015/11/19/WatchBigSky.aspx

Go Ags!
  • Zander
    I'll tune in, haven't had a chance to see a whole WBB yet this season.

The Aggie women have been a model of success and consistency for UCD spectator sports since they started the streak of winning seasons. It will say a lot about the program to pull ahead above .500 and churn out another competitive BWC season after losing so much talent and experience.
  • Zander
    Is anybody getting anything resembling an image on the stream?
  • BlueGoldAg
    I've tried to get the live stream via Safari and Chrome and neither one will load the page. I keep getting an error message that says, "The connection has been temporarily lost." Same thing happened yesterday. Big Sky TV is messed up!
  • eastbayaggie
    Mine finally worked.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Mine just worked. Game starting late
  • Zander
    Mine just turned on as well with the "disable unsafe plugins" trick. 15 minutes until tipoff it says so we haven't missed anything
  • BlueGoldAg
    Where do you find the "disable unsafe plugins?"
  • eastbayaggie

I did the "disable unsafe plugins" trick as well, but I think that's related to my AdBlock Plus or the like.
  • Zander
    It's one of the notification icons on the left or the right of the web address bar, depending on your browser. There will be a menu that says something along the lines of "Firefox [or Chrome] has detected an unsafe element on this page, click HERE to enable them"

the page might reload, or you'll have to reload it yourself, and then it will work.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Thanks! I found it and got the page to open. On Safari I went to the drop down menu under the main Safari heading and chose "Setting for this website" and opened that window. Then deselected "Enable content blockers." I imagine it works the same way for Chrome.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Ugh, "Cal Davis."
  • Russ Bowlus
    UCD not shooting well at the moment, but rebounding nicely. 8-7 at the media timeout.
  • Russ Bowlus
    UCD shooting very poorly; Montana up 18-10 near the end of the 1st.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Poor shooting is plaguing this team again...
  • Russ Bowlus
    5-17 overall, 0-8 from 3. Pretty amazing that UCD is only down 6.

Kourtney has more rebounds (3) than assists (0), which kinda tells the story.
  • BlueGoldAg
    18-12 Griz after the 1st. Ags playing ragged basketball. Montana is playing much better defense.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Morgan just missed a lay-up from 1-ft, which also tells you the sort of game Davis is having so far.
  • Gunrock47
    She tends to miss those when there's even a hint of pressure on her. She just scores so mcuh since she has so many opportunities. Ags need to hold ball better right now.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Time out with 3:40 to go in the 2nd; Ags back on top 25-24 thanks to a nice 3 by Song (assist Eaton).
  • BlueGoldAg
    We're living and dying by the 3...only shooting 20% from downtown
  • eastbayaggie
    Heh. This sports announcer doesn't sound too professional.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ags lead 30-25 at the half despite shooting 4-18 from 3.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Both teams shooting poorly, fortunately for Davis. Kourtney with 4 assists so far. Aggies with a slight edge in rebounds and a big improvement in offensive boards.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Jen Gross need to get after her team about playing more aggressively and going after the rebound with more assertiveness. Too often this team stands and watches the shot come off the rim and simply gets beat to the ball. That's a very bad habit to get into in basketball.
  • Russ Bowlus
    W BBall twitter pointing out that, as ugly as it was, UCD outscored Montana 18-7 in the 2nd.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Also from twitter: "With her three assists in the first half, Kourtney Eaton has now tied Head Coach Jennifer Gross for the most assists in a career (448)... That record has stood since 1997"

I thought she needed 5 to pass, but apparently it's only 4. Neat.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    We are missing some wide open shots. Threes and some layups. Make a few of those in the second half and we will start to run away
  • Russ Bowlus
    Yup. That's one of my favorite, yet frustrating, things about the women's team--when they are on, they are ON, and the buckets flow like water.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Random discussion on air about FDIC banking. :lol:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!