• Russ Bowlus
    There is an absolute lid on the bucket at both ends of the court. Jeebus.
  • Russ Bowlus
    UCD extends their lead to 6 points: 44-38 after 3 quarters.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Both teams shooting poorly still. Aggies have managed to improve (!) their 3-pt shooting to 8-31.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Kourtney gets the record on an assist to Karley. :D
  • Russ Bowlus
    3-pt game at the 4th quarter media timeout: 53-50 Aggies.
  • BlueGoldAg
    We are now 9-36 from 3.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Down two with 3 minutes to go.
  • Zander
    wait down 4? I thought the Montana player had her foot on the line
  • Zander
    Ah, yes, corrected to a 2
  • Russ Bowlus
    Down three with 15 seconds left; Montana inbounding.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Montana makes a FT and misses one; UCD down four with 10 secs to go.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Bertsch misses a jumper (I'm sensing a theme here...) and MT gets the rebound. Quick Aggie foul sends MT back to the line.
  • Russ Bowlus
    One more missed three by the Aggies to seal the loss. *sigh*
  • Russ Bowlus
    10-40 from 3-pt land is the summary of the game for the Aggies. They were taking good, uncontested shots and making very few of them. The shots in the paint weren't falling much better.

Bessolo was 0 for the tournament, I think. Yikes.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I missed the second half. This is the kind of drought that has plagued them during the bwt. Very frustrating
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ags lose 62-56 in what I think is the worst performance by this team this year and here's why: They are living and dying by the 3 ball and yet they are a poor 3 point shooting team. We came into the game shooting a paltry 28% from downtown and were 10-40 for 25% today. To top that off we blew several wide open looks from 3 feet. There was essentially no interior penetration by the Aggies... just swinging the ball around the perimeter until someone launched a 3 and the irony of it all was that Montana got lucky and banked in a poorly shot 3 ball to put them up by 4 with about a minute to go.

Our opponents are going to jam up the interior in every game because they know we will settle for a 3 point shot and don't shoot well from 3. We also had poor transition defense which allowed Montana to come back from 6 down to tie the game. Bessolo did not score in either game and Hall and Konrad had 4 and 2 points respectively today.

Jen Gross has some problems on her hands in trying to figure out what can be different. Outside of Bertsch the scoring from anyone else has been sporadic and now we have become a one dimensional team that relies on Bertsch to carry the bulk of the scoring and 3 point shots that generally don't fall. That's not working and we have become very predictable.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!