Pierre Strong, Jr. (RB), South Dakota State
    Daniel Santacaterina (QB), Southeast Missouri
    D.J. Davis (RB), Southern Illinois
    Tom Flacco (QB), Towson
    Jake Maier (QB), UC Davis
    Josh Davis (RB), Weber State
    Tyrie Adams (QB), Western Carolina
  • CA Forever
    NDSU has picked their starting QB for the season. Redshirt freshman Trey Lance (6'3 221) won the starting job over Iowa State transfer Zeb Noland. He's a big boy and will be tough to bring down, but not a whole lot of college experience. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

• BlueGoldAg
    2019 AFCA FCS PRESEASON POLL

1. North Dakota State (23), 644
    2. James Madison (1), 597
    3. Eastern Washington (2), 588
    4. South Dakota State, 579
    5. UC Davis, 537
    6. Jacksonville State, 500
    7. Maine, 473
    8. Wofford, 437
    9. Weber State, 432
    10. Kennesaw State, 404
    11. Nicholls, 385
    12. Towson, 349
    13. Illinois State, 290
    14. Colgate, 272
    15. Montana State, 271
    16. Indiana State, 192
    17. Furman, 183
    18. Southeast Missouri State, 178
    19. North Carolina A&T, 158
    20. Northern Iowa, 157
    21. Elon, 155
    22. Sam Houston State, 117
    23. Delaware, 87
    24. Princeton, 85
    25. Central Arkansas, 66

Others Receiving Votes: Montana, 52; Yale, 41; Incarnate Word, 31; East Tennessee State, 23; Tennessee-Chattanooga, 23; Northern Arizona, 20; Idaho, 18; North Dakota, 17; Alcorn State, 16; Monmouth (N.J.), 13; Eastern Kentucky, 12; Dartmouth, 11; South Dakota, 9; Duquesne, 7; Stony Brook, 7; McNeese, 4; San Diego, 3; New Hampshire, 2; Southern, 2; The Citadel, 2; Lamar, 1.

https://ucdavisaggies.com/news/2019/8/19/football-afca-slots-uc-davis-at-no-5-in-preseason-poll.aspx
  • Riveraggie
    One QB, Niko Harris, moved to wide receiver in roster list. Makes me think of Carson Crawford’s pass versus Montana.
  • movielover
    Does that take our QB list to 6?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Coach Brandon Huppert says, "I just want people to turn on the film and say our guys went full-speed the entire game." They'll say they are competitors, they are physical as all get out, they play a complete game and they out-hit everybody. That's what I want our reputation to be. That's what we put our stamp on when stopping the run and creating sacks."

"You may not be listed as the game-day starter," Huppert says, "but you'll still probably get close to as many reps as that guy. And based on how we structure the defense through different sub personnels and packages, guys will carve out roles in situations were they can be successful. Not everyone can rush the passer, but not everyone can two-gap and stop the run. It's nice being able to have those different pieces, and it's up to us as coaches to put them in the right positions to be successful."

• BlueGoldAg
    Coach Creighton says Wes Preece Creighton "as talented as any tight end I've been around as a coach at any level." That's high praise from a veteran mentor who served on staffs at Colorado and Auburn.

The Aggie tight ends are so deep that the biggest concern is not having enough opportunities for everyone to play. "Coach Hawk says, on a good team, someone will get screwed a little bit. It's one of those things," said Creighton. "There are not enough reps to go around to the guys who deserve to play."

• Riveraggie

In reference to the photo caption, Christian Skeptaris is a Junior in terms of eligibility.
  • movielover
    Marquel McCoy now listed as a TE.

My imagination, or has our O Line added size?

5 players at 300#d or more; 7 at 290#s or more. Jake Parks now 290#s.
  • agalum
    Marquel McCoy now listed as a TE.

I think he was a TE in HS. Has speed and size. Ive visited with him a few times, nice young man. He was recruited by Gould.
  • agalum
    Preseason Preview: Tight Ends

I was really surprised that there wasn't any mention of Harrel in that article. I like Preece in tight spots where his height works to his advantage but i think Harrel is better in the open field.
  • AggieFinn
    Harrel is an explosive player, primed to breakout. Guy's a big playmaker
  • CA Forever
    Harrell is a wide receiver, not a tight end. I don't recall if the WR preseason preview article has been released yet. Preece will be the go to tight end, but I will be interested to see if freshman Blake Thorpe gets involved right away. Big time receiving threat in high school.
  • Riveraggie
    no wide receiver preview yet, or QB. Building to a dramatic finish with the glory positions.
    I figure Harrell is a known quantity, a returning starter. Who's new in a starting role is going to be more interesting.
  • movielover
    His HS tapes very impressive. Since we list a huge weapon (Doss) and Montgomery, plenty of opportunity.

Any feedback from open practices? Our O line sports 5 players at 300+, and 2 at 290+ pounds.
  • agalum
    agalum Harrell is a wide receiver, not a tight end.

Yep, thanks. I stand corrected.
  • BlueGoldAg
    FCS: Preseason Betting Odds To Win The 2019 National Title.

Which teams do the oddsmakers think have the best chance to win it all? For example, the betting odds for the Aggies to win the National Championship is +650 which means you would need to bet $100 to win $650.

1il4piczvqzlrki0.png

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2019-preseason-betting-odds-bzbz
  • agalum

But wait, where is Suc?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Interesting article.
  • DavisAggie
    Harrell is a WR, separate article for those guys
  • Riveraggie
    The wide receiver article is posted.
    Just talks about the six obvious candidates.
    Harrell, Vaughan, Livingston, Kraft, Crawford
    Babb

https://ucdavisaggies.com/news/2019/8/23/football-preseason-preview-wide-receivers.aspx?path=football
  • movielover
    [Keelan Doss listed below the article; not on the team or "graduated".]
  • Riveraggie
    I think links to players mentioned bios are probably auto generated. The bios are part of the roster, so the links pull the last roster entry.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!