• DrMike
    Back in my day all regular season games were at 7:00.
  • aggiemba
    I was happy to see Sudwerk beers being poured. My wife remarked that they should be pouring wines produced by Aggie alumni and maybe have a wine only booth/kiosk for the wine sippers to go with the beer only vendors.

Long lines and the lack of improvement to them game after game is the biggest problem in our opinion.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The 7 pm games at the Toom were the norm and the place was always packed and I think the early season games at Aggie Stadium would have much higher attendance if they started at 7 pm when it's much cooler in the stadium.

The extreme heat in Aggie Stadium is a big detriment to fan attendance in the early season and, with climate warming, it's not going to get any better anytime soon. The angle of the setting sun is also a huge problem for the students and anyone on the east side. Just look at how fans chase every dab of shade in the stadium when it's hot. I can't imagine anyone wanting to sit on the east side getting fried with the sun directly in their eyes during the early season games.
  • movielover
    Not always packed. Not first game (school not in session), not in bad weather, or holiday weekends. Overflowing for playoff games. I agree a 7 PM start is worthy of strong consideration, but apparently season ticket holders have a preference for an earlier start. I know as students we studied, or tried to study, hit the dining commons, and then went to the game.

I think since our recent State leadership has reduced forest harvesting / thinning by 80% and refuses to cut fire lines, dead trees, and infected trees, our engineering professors should come up with some hi tech visors and breathing units for fans and players to play in the haze.

A grad student produced a wonderful critique and proposals for AS a few years back.
  • DrMike
    I think if you look back at the media guide, you’ll see attendence was far from overflowing. I was surprised at some of the numbers .
  • Riveraggie
    When I was a student the 7PM game times fit well with student life In the dorms everyone did their thing during the day and then walked over to Toomey, after dinner. The whole experience seemed more festive than day games.
    I can see why fans remote from Davis prefer an earlier game. So split the difference,have September / early October games, after school starts, at night, partly due to heat issues and partly to get some new students involved.
  • DrMike
    I agree, 7:00 until mid October, 4:00 after
  • Riveraggie
    Does anyone remember perhaps 10 ft long spider parachutes drifting through the stadium lights?
    Maybe that’s still a common valley occurrence?
  • Gunrock47
    I do always chuckle at how the fans sit in an almost triangle formation in the shade of the jumbotron during games when it's hot. And as the shade recedes, the fans just get closer and closer together.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Quite a few people will crowd up against the press box area also until their seats go in the shade on the west side also.
  • Riveraggie
    Wow, we identified the hot stadium fix. That was easy. A lot easier for us to fix the hot stadium than for Eastern Washington to fix their cold one,
  • AggieFinn

...and that horrid field, but I give em props for not having lacrosse boundaries on it
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!