• AggieFinn
    Eastern Washington Eagles vs. North Dakota State Bison

Eastern-Washington-University-6D42DDED.jpg ndakotast.png

Should be a good one...Eagles working overtime to get their offense humming early...but how will their defense hold against Stick and the Bison Bruisers up front?

Betting Odds (nothing out as of 12/17/18):
    http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/teams/team-page.cfm/team/eastern-washington

Unfortunately, 6thman will be in Pasadena that week -- no Aggie presence in Frisco, argh!
  • agalum
    Do the Bison have the team speed to contain Barriere?
  • AggieFinn

I think the team with the most speed/talent the Bison have seen this year were the South Dakota State Jackrabbits. Beat them twice, both at home, with the first game being decided by 4 points. As with most good teams that see the same opponent twice in a season, you make adjustments and hit them harder the 2nd time around. NDSU sure pounded the Jacks last Friday - but even saying that, the skill position talent and senior leadership of EWU make them the prime candidate to knock off the Bison.

NDSU will play ball control - but if EWU jumps out early and ride momentum on a NDSU miscue, it could get interesting. NDSU has been to Frisco plenty, they know the drill, and will be better prepared mentally (in my opinion) for the January game.

Can EWU get healthy? 6 starters out...are they coming back?

Also of note, NDSU has played 10 home games this season, and only 4 away games...that's 4 games away from the dome. However, every road game they played was a blowout win (@ UNI 56-31, @ WIU 34-7, @ South Dakota 59-14, @ Missouri State 48-7)
  • SochorField
    :cry: :cry: :fear: :fear: :cry: :cry:
  • SochorField
    Ok, I'm fine now.

Bison. BIGLY.
  • CK2
    I'll post some thoughts in the next few weeks when i have a free moment but EWU not gonna touch the Bison. They can post some problems in spots but this NDSU team is too good.
  • CA Forever
    I agree with CK, I think NDSU wins this one without too many issues. Having seen NDSU and EWU play a couple times this season, NDSU is just on another level.
  • DavisAggie
    I think NDSU wins, but EWU is better than SDSU
  • AggieFinn
    What it looks like in Frisco:

59076c7c00c133390afe80d14ec85288320a7c55cebc77049689f8c62e968d27-750.jpg
  • CK2
    Keenan Williams (DL) is out vs NDSU. Tiuli who was suspended for game vs Maine might not be back either. Still up in the air. Man that’s two significant pieces you on the DL that would be nice to have vs an elite OL.

Prunty (safety) will be back and maybe their other DB (Karstetter) who got hurt as well.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Why was Tiuli suspended?
  • CK2
    No details on it, except the standard “violation of team rules”. But Best said the decision is not his on if he plays in the title game. Sounds a little more serious if not playing in Frisco is on the table.
  • AggieFinn

Wonder if it's a legal matter...not sure about the kid academically (if it's that sort of thing). You have to really work hard to get put on Dean Wormer's naughty list in Cheney.
  • BlueGoldAg
    That's a huge loss for them if he's out. I remember Tim Plough saying that Tiuli "can ruin the game for you if you don't slow him down."
  • Russ Bowlus
    "Tuili is a serious dude." It was a great comment.
  • CK2
    Tuili was arrested on felony assault the night of the UCD game. Police officer saw him kick his brother in the head at 3am. His bro was rendered unconscious. I’ll be surprised if he’s allowed to play in the title game.
  • CA Forever
    What the hell... wow.
  • SochorField
    Whoa. His brother???
  • CA Forever
    Kinda says a lot about the character of said individual.
  • NCagalum
    LOL about Dean Wormer I love how Best says it’s not his decision. Academics/Ethics Scmacademics/Schmethics
  • fugawe09
    I'm all for innocent until proven guilty, but based on the reporting this seems pretty straight forward. Officers from two agencies saw him kick his brother unconscious. Plausible there could even be body cam or surveillance footage from the fast food joint. It seems like his legal case would center around why he did it (provoked? self defense?), not if he did it. If this guy puts a jersey back on, shame on the university and Best for not at least having team rules against street brawls. The reporting indicates that no further paperwork has been filed yet at the DA. Some at EWU are undoubtedly hoping this gets chalked up to boys will be boys, but if this whole thing really gets "disappeared", then I would hope somebody investigates that dirty laundry stench. I think Montana got slapped a few years ago for having some inside "fixers" take care of athletes' legal woes.
  • CK2
    Tuili made the trip to Frisco. No indication on if he will play but even that is surprising. Apparently the charges were reduced to misdemeanor 2nd degree assault. Helpful when it’s your brother so he prob won’t press charges? But when the cop sees you kick someone in the head (reported earlier) hard to avoid that... speculating here that bro not pressing charges.

Prob won’t have much time to write up thought on this game (so quickly....) but EWU gets the advantage of getting the Bison away from the dome. Thy could really use some Ugly weather to try to muck up the game but that’s not happening. It’s gonna be about perfect for Jan in the low 60’s with sun. We all respect how talented this EWU team is but they don’t have the horses to beat this elite NDSU squad. This will be the final stamp on what will begin a debate if this is greatest FCS team ever.

EWU needs everything to go it’s way to win this one. They get a couple back in the secondary but if Williams and Tuili are both out that is such bad a blow to their DL Against a Bison front that can mash. Lets say EWU loads up to slow the run. Stick is a NFL Prosepct who can run/throw and his decision making/footwork is fantastic. SDSU was their toughest competition and I watched both of those games. Jacks has Bison on the ropes & and a chance to beat them back in the Fargo dome in sept. The Bison adjustment in the second game to just run Stick and the Jacks had no answer at all. So many ways they can beat you. The Jacks are no joke and they wore them down. Bison can beat you with two NFL backs, an NFL QB who can run and throw. Their WR’s aren’t elite but Stick gets time until someone breaks free or he takes off for 10 yards. I just don’t see how EWU stops them (imo need to hold them to 30 or less). It’s helpful to have a mobile QB (similar to the recipe of “trying” to beat Bama) but this will be the best front 7 Barriere has faced since his first start against Weber. Have to throw that game out as his first start. He’s matured a ton. I expect him to make some plays. He’s talented and has talent out on the edges. The question is can they score enough to keep up with the Bison? They’ll do some but I don’t see it then keeping up. Also Christion is a better QB than EB at this point in his career and the Bison almost sent him out on a stretcher multiple times.

I hope I’m wrong and we see a better game but I see it Bison by 15. 42-27
  • DrMike
    if he plays, that would be ridiculous.
  • CK2
    Agree. They are supposed to find out tomorrow night if he can play. Odd to wait so late? Or more likely, purposeful in that if it comes so late peeps don’t spend the week talking about it, making it an issue. It will leak tomororw night, he can play (my guess). He prob already knows he’s going to play. 100%. Wake up sat and it’s game day. No distraction or focus on it. This is setting up for him to play.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think Coach Best recruits for athletic ability first and character is an afterthought. I just googled "EWU football player arrested" and quite a few articles came up about players who have been arrested over the last few years. I was just looking for information about Tiuli and was totally surprised to see what showed up.
  • lucche
    I believe there needs to be a way to give scholarships to athletes with good character. I think after x number of athletes are arrested you lose a scholarship, and have a cap after Y number of athletes are arrested you are placed on probation. One more arrest and you are ineligible for the playoffs and lose a total of 5 schollies. Blue Gold, I see a number of arrests of EWU athletes. Rewarding any athlete who is arrested just seems wrong to me. Tulli should be ineligible regardless of who he kicked. Tulli was seen by the officer doing an act that could have severely injure a person or possible even killing him. He should be done with football at all levels. Thugs should not be rewarded for their viciousness.
  • movielover
    Will we do the same for coaches?
  • Riveraggie
    Courts should punish convicted criminals schools should punish coaches who bring criminals into the community.
    I don’t know that schools should assume that anyone arrested is guilty. Leave it to the courts.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!