• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggie's season so far has been a rough one, wins have been scarce and Aggie fans have been left scratching their heads wondering what the reasons might be for such a precipitous decline in overall performance this year. It's been a disappointing season to say the least and things don't get any easier today as the Ags travel to the 14,555 seat McHale Center in Tucson to play their toughest opponent yet, the Arizona Wildcats, at 4 pm Pacific time.

The single best game the Ags have played to date was on the road at Indiana. The Ags led the Hoosiers by as many as double digits in the first half and were still ahead with only 7 minutes left in the game, but IU caught fire while the Ags went stone cold and the upset bid vanished. That game along with a nice home win over NAU have been the lone season highlights for the Aggies.

In our last game with William Jessup the Ags were out of sync and frustrated throughout the first half and Jim Les was seething by half time. He was a no show for the post game interview on the radio and was later quoted in the Enterprise as being livid with the team for what he sees as a lack of effort. He said that "it will get fixed this week." So we'll see if Les' hard line approach to this team will pay any dividends today or not.

The game will be televised on the PAC12 Network: https://pac-12.com/mens-basketball/event/2018/12/22/uc-davis-arizona

Go Ags!
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Bad time to find out that at&t dropped the Pac-12 network. And it doesn’t look like the grad has it either. Hope I can still stream it. It’s a down year for UA but this will still be a tough one to stay competitive in.

By the way it looks like the Ags offered 6’9” senior Dishon Thomas. He recently de-committed from Nevada.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Hopefully, you'll still be able to stream it online. I hope we can land some size and strength to the roster.
  • madcityscott
    Anyone know why AJ and Gonzalez didn’t play last game, and whether they’re playing today?
  • Toke69
    ESPN gives the Aggies a 5.2% chance to win.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think they are both injured. AJ was walking gingerly on the sidelines in street clothes at the William Jessup game. He hasn't been at 100% at all this year and it shows. He has struggled with his shot when he has played and has been out quite a bit this year. I'm not sure what's bothering Gonzalez but he's been out a couple of games also. I'm not sure if either of them will suit up today.
  • agalum

If you have hulu i think you can stream the game from there.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    thanks. I’ll give that a shot
  • agalum
    I downloaded the pac12 app and it gave me the game for free. Shared it to apple tv, and have it on the big screen :).
  • agalum
    Scratch that. They give you 5 minutes free then prompt you to sign in.
  • DrMike
    Killing us inside; big athletic dudes. Got to get Nuefield to finish inside
  • BlueGoldAg
    Good energy from the Age but no interior defense. Neufeld misses two close looks and then makes a silly foul.
  • SoCalAggie
    We can’t get a stop. Age are playing hard but going shot for shot isn’t going to cut it. Their size is too much
  • BlueGoldAg
    Yep, they have size and their big men are skilled...very tough match ups for the Ags...
  • SoCalAggie
    It’s amazing how much better of a player Goode has become.
  • SoCalAggie
    Honestly playing great D. Arizona just doesn’t miss...
  • aggies07
    Oh boy, our best player is going down.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Cats shooting 65%...
  • SoCalAggie
    He plays with so much heart.
  • BlueGoldAg
    41-30 Cats at the half shooting 58%. Good effort by the Ags playing without AJ and Gonzalez.
  • Toke69
    This is the kind of effort I hoped to see and to continue to se from the Ags. They're not out of this game yet, but can't expect to win without hitting some 3s. They've also missed a lot of bunnies. (Not that I expect them to beat Arizona even thought the Cats are having a down year.)
  • DrMike
    Coming out playing well; down 4. Nice to see others beside TJ scoring. Good ball movement, look confident on offense
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ags are playing with poise and are taking care of the ball...knock on wood!
  • tokyoag
    Game is Streaming on the PAC 12 network page on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/UMS-4hf9Yqo
  • DrMike
    51-51; tightening up the foul calls, which could really hurt us. They shoot freethrows much better than us,

Am I the last person in America still watching on Comcast? Dumb TV, regular old cable
  • agalum

I have directv. For some reason theyve dropped the pac12 network.
  • Russ Bowlus
    I'm "watching" via the stat tracker. Refuse to download an app just to watch a basketball game.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Gonna be a lot of trips to the line: Davis in the double bonus with six to go; AZ in the bonus.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Siler in foul trouble with three to go. Two AZ players with four apiece, as well.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!