• DrMike
    The guys on the PAC12 broadcast were confused and never heard of it. It’s so subjective. On that play I thought out guy didn’t really establish position (block) but their guy kind of initiated contact by throwing out his forearm (charge). Not obvious which, if either, was correct
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Yeah, it's very subjective. I just want the officials to be consistent throughout the game. I do think the Ags are very good at taking charges. Siler alone is good for a couple per game.

Not to beat a dead horse (game) but i saw a slow motion replay of the step back 3 that put UA ahead, and it was really close to a walk. I probably would not have called it it as it didn't strike me as a walk in real time, but slowed down it did look like he jumped back after he had stopped his dribble. Here is a tweet about it from Coach Metzger-Jones:
  • BlueGoldAg
    Maybe there's a place for officials to be able to review a play or call, say within the last minute, if the game is under 10 points, for example. As it is now, officials seem to allow a lot contact and are hesitant to make any call that may be critical in the final minute. They seem to always scrutinize possession calls in the final minute though.

Of course, the "unwritten rule of letting them play" down the stretch takes the heat off the officials to have to make critical calls when the game is on the line. The problem I see with that though is that they have already established a pattern of how closely they are calling the game and, then all of a sudden, they let the players get mugged under the basket with no calls.
  • Toke69
    This rule needs to be changed to "In the case os an indeterminate time frame where one official may call and signal “Block” while the other official calls and signals “Charge” nearly simultaneously, the call will be waived and neither player will be assessed a foul." I'ver never heard of this real either nor ever seen it called, so I guess it is too rare for the NCAA to worry about it?
  • BlueGoldAg
    A foul was given to each player in the UCD at Arizona game. One for a charge and the other for a block. I agree that neither player should be given a foul in a "blarge" call.
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!