• AggieFinn
    To anybody inclined in the City on Thursday, February 7th, Coach Hawkins will be talking at Lefty O'Doul's from 4 pm - 6 pm.

• movielover
    Lefty O'Doul's? Reviews all over the place, big new space at Fisherman's Wharf ... buffet...???
  • AggieFinn
    From the Enterprise:

Norris told me Hawkins will meet with alumni, fans and benefactors throughout California as the coach is expected to be the center of attention in Los Angeles, San Diego and maybe even Sacramento on upcoming “tour” dates.

Oh, and there’s one more Bay Area proclamation that Hawkins and Company would like to have this year: UC Davis Football Day in Berkeley, the resolution etched across the Strawberry Canyon scoreboard when the Aggies open the 2019 season at California on Aug. 31.

BreedW.jpg
  • BlueGoldAg
    Also from the Enterprise:

“It means a lot being here,” Breed told me. “When (you went) to Davis, it’s what you did — go to the games. It was a real college game … a big deal. To be able to enjoy that at a college campus coming from San Francisco was a big deal for me.

“I came from Galileo High School — one of the best high schools in San Francisco. The time I was at Galileo, we went undefeated for three years in a row. And the San Francisco 49ers? We won Super Bowls.”

Breed said going from the big city to a small town was a “culture shift,” but “it was really kind of cool the friends and relationships that were developed. It all came together (for me) because of sports: Everything was about going to the game or hanging out after the game … enjoying the game.”

I asked Her Honor if she would lose her Cal- or Stanford-educated constituency because of the UC Davis Football Day declaration…

“No. No. You know what, I’d do it all over again. They’ll just have to get in line.”
  • OC Aggie
    Where does one find out more about this "tour" of sorts? Like, where he'll visit in SoCal...
  • AggieFinn

I have to imagine an announcement will be made
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!