• AggieFinn
    This is just horrible. Is there a way we can donate to the family?
  • fugawe09
    The article linked isnt entirely clear in timeline. He actually died back in September. The “new” news is a report confirming that he did in fact have CTE, a diagnosis which can only be confirmed by autopsy. The family business did $50 million last year so I think they are financially secure on a personal level but the obit mentioned donations to Boston University Concussion Legacy Foundation for CTE research.
  • movielover
    I need to try Bud's sometime in Dixon. I wish the press would spare us some of the unfortunate details, esp for the children.
  • 69aggie
    Something just doesn’t fit here. I saw Jason Hairston play at every home game he played at UC Davis. I never witnessed any extreme hit to the head or even an injury to the upper body to Jason during those games. He played a bit in the NFL but I don’t think he was ever injured or put on the disabled or the unable to play list during his time in the NFL. So what I am saying is that many other college and NFL linebackers/players have played and taken severe hits to the head and have no CTE symptoms such as did Jason. I do not doubt that he had this disease, I just think there must be some genetic or other component to this disease besides hits to the head or upper body. It would seem that much more research needs to be done on this tragic disease. My loving thoughts and sympathy go out to Jasons beautiful wife and family for their tremendous loss of a great guy and great Aggie, Jason Hairston.
  • fugawe09
    one article mentioned he broke his neck in 2 places in a D2 playoff game in 1993 and that he ultimately left the NFL because of recurring dizzy spells and headaches.
  • CK2
    Man. Just had a chance to read that article. Heartbreaking.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!