• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies hit the road seeking a sweep of Cal Poly when the take on the Mustangs at 7 pm in the Mott Athletics Center (3032 seats). The Ags took the first game 75-63 back on January 19th but had to rally from behind late in the second half to do so. Coach Les shook up the starting lineup at Riverside last week and it proved to be a nice move as the Ags shot out to an 11-0 lead to start the game and never looked back. It will be interesting to see if Shorts, Schneider and Goode, who typically have started, come off the bench again tonight.

Live online stream from Big West TV at 7 pm: http://www.bigwest.org/tv/

Go Ags!
  • DrMike
    4 point favorites tonight. Really need this one!
  • Toke69
    I don't see anywhere on BigWestTV that the game is being streamed? It seems to only have audio.
  • DrMike
    go to ucdavisaggies.com and follow the links. I see it on the live tv link
  • BlueGoldAg
    Click on the following link from Big West TV:

http://bigwest.sidearmstreaming.com/watch/?Live=1793

The pregame warm up is already streaming live from Big West TV.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Les starts Squire, Printup, Neufeld, Mooney and Gonzalez again.
  • Toke69
    BlueGoldAg: Thanks!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Neufeld looks great and then picks up his second foul and has to sit...
  • Toke69
    Schnieder seems to be playing smarter.
  • DrMike
    Solid first half on both ends. Shooting well, 5 turnovers and forcing poly into many more than their norm. Up 9, on a 9-0 run to finish
  • quadshock
    3-4 conference play; looks like things are trending up!
  • BlueGoldAg
    We're getting consistent contributions from Mooney and Neufeld now and that is really helping this team. Our defense was playing well for most of the game tonight. Saturday at UCSB will be a tough one.
  • Toke69
    They got sloppy with the ball in the second half (10 TOs), but I'll take it. Neufeld is getting pretty good with that short hook shot. I wonder if coach Les will continue to start the SPGMN combo.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It seems to be working so I think we'll continue to see him start that lineup.
  • DrMike
    Starters came up cold to let them back in it, but they had good looks (layups ams open jumpers), but bad rolls. Les said he likes these guys coming off the bench and hitting the ground running. The starters seem a little offense challenged; makes me concerned we might dig ourselves a big hole
  • DrMike
    I noticed that no Fuller or John last night. Any insights?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I haven't heard or seen anything that would suggest injuries, although that is always a possibility. I assume that Les is searching for the right lineup combination, and right now Fuller and John don't figure into it. It seems that he really likes the defense of Printup right now, which is probably the reason John is not getting more time. Printup and Goode are playing the 4 position, and Goode is playing some time at the 5, so just no minutes for John. And with Les going small with Gonzo starting, and the emergence of Mooney as a force, Fuller is the odd man out there. The rotation might change based on matchups, but this one seems to be working right now.

Of course, we are 3-4 in conference, and the 3 wins come against the two bottom teams (UCR and CP x2). Hopefully the renewed energy and confidence will show up at UCSB Saturday on ESPNU.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Were they on the bench? If they weren't, I'd suspect they might be sick or injured...??
  • DrMike
    I was listening so didn’t see. I can understand fuller slipping down the depth chart but have to think AJ gets minutes if healthy. Seems like that knee just hasn’t been right all year
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I'm pretty sure both were on the bench. I agree that John not getting any minutes is odd, and he may still be dealing with injuries. Add it to the list of odd things that's happened this year.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!