• Goags20172
    I got 31 right. Surprises were that Joseph Torres, Alex Trautner, Dylan Spezia, Matt Smith aren't returning. Chase Lyford, who just didn't play (not a redshirt) made the team as well. Two new outfielders- Longrie and Alec Smith. Nick Johnson, another JC transfer, made the pitching staff. Smith played for Cuesta college. Looks like a high OBP guy with speed, like Mook and Morrison. You could probably say the same about Longrie.

Nathan Lemos, a freshman left- hander, also made the team. Glad, he was very impressive when I saw him, kind of like Brown, when he is throwing strikes that is.

Three catchers on the roster. Must mean Denholm is good to go. Aside from his defensive value he's a big bat in the lineup.

I think it's a nice statement about the quality of the recruits that three seniors didn't crack the roster.
  • SoCalDavisFan
    Good to see the roster up. It does show well that some young recruits were about to overtake some of the seniors, but I imagine that is a tough decision to make by the coaches, not to mention tough to swallow for the seniors. But competing at the highest level is what we want from the Aggies, so it will only make them stronger. Good luck this weekend.
  • Goags20172
    It's tough, but the cuts pretty much had to be on the pitching staff. There are 17 of them on the current roster, and that's not counting potential 2 way players, like Ouellette and Peng. Technically there's 21 if you count Briggs + Van Blake, although I don't see them taking the mound.

Of course not all of those pitchers will play in 2019. If I had to guess I think they may redshirt
    Johnson, Jordan, and Wesolowsky. I seem to recall Jordan + Johnson having the DL notation next to their names on the fall ball world series roster. If I remember correctly Jordan missed part of his HS senior season with injury. I've come to understand that that roster notation didn't necessarily mean they were injured, just that they weren't available. Wesolowsky doesn't appear to have gotten very many innings in HS, so they might want him to sit out a year + stretch him out a bit, although the Perfect Game website indicate that there were a lot of schools interested in him. Wesolowsky's pretty tall, must have a pretty "projectable" arm. Spillane supposedly was one of the more effective pitchers + Lemos' being a lefty mean they should get innings this year.

I'm guessing our primary bullpen arms will be:

Justin Smith-Jr
    Wyatt Tucker- Jr
    Jake Spillane- Fr.
    Nathan Lemos- Fr (LHP)
    Brock Moffitt- So (LHP)
    Steve Ouellette- Jr
    Andres Lara- Jr
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!