• DrMike
    I hope the players are staying focused on the game. This is a very dangerous game. Rested rival, coming off a huge loss and now all this uncertainty.
  • movielover
    I hope we put the wood to them, but don't play with our pants on fire!
  • SochorField

They have ATHLETES. They always do.
    One of their best is RB Elijah Dotson
    6'0 190lbs and has rushed for 1,093 yards - for a team as shi**ty as Sac, and in the Big Sky Conference, that's impressive (234 @ Montana). 2017 Causeway 6.1 yards per carry for 92 yards.

Remember:
    A team coming in with 1 win won in '15 (Davis)
    with 2 wins in '16 (Davis)
    with 3 wins in '07 and '11 (Davis)
    with 4 wins more times than I can count.

Sac has won this game 5 times in the last 20 years. It just goes to show that the quality of coaching makes all the difference (in recruiting, on the field, and off the field).

This game really needs to be played. We need another strong W going into the playoffs.
    Play this thing anywhere:
    Kezar (SF State)
    Stanford (@Cal)
    Oakland Col.
    Cal State Hayward (East Bay) - paint some lines on that soccer field!
    Some High School Stadium in the southern east bay.
    UNLV is out of town - too expensive to get everyone there?
    UNR is out of town - is a bus trip
  • DrMike
    the air quality up in the mountains was good this weekend -> Bret Harte high in Angels Camp is open!

I really can't imagine this being moved; i can see it being cancelled. if you are going to commit that level of effort/money to move the game, you have to find a location that will have MUCH better air quality than Davis on Saturday. I don't know where that location is, other than Reno (unless the wind somehow changes direction). playing early in the morning, or later at night would help.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think the chances of this game being cancelled is higher than it being played given how the air is staying unhealthy and Camp Fire is only 30% contained. With these conditions the air quality has been staying in the unhealthy to very unhealthy categories. If the health officials at UCD are concerned enough to cancel classes, they are not going to allow athletes to exert themselves and fans to sit in unhealthy air.

The greater Sacramento are air quality at 9 am today was 167 = unhealthy.

et39rsb6y57bd5di.png
  • 69aggie
    I agree with BGA. Obviously, the team cannot even practice outdoors in this bad air. Not a practical choice to move this game.
  • Zander
    Air quality in auburn/colfax area looked decent this weekend, except in evenings. An 11 AM game would be fine at Colfax, and it's just up I80.
  • agalum
    For what ever reason, Vacaville has had a bubble of clean air last few days. Maybe they need to change the filters on their sampling hardware, lol.
  • CK2
    FWIW, my buddy who is a fireman and lives in Davis says he feels good about game being played. He's not worried based on what he sees/knows. I'm not too worried about it, think the game will be played.
  • AggieFinn
    Welp, one more time.hoaptu7s5vx4w6fk.jpg
  • BlueGoldAg
    Here's an interesting twist: if the game gets cancelled and we end up 6-1 in the conference, it seems that we wouldn't be co-champions along EWU and Weber if they end the season 7-1 in conference play.
  • Zander
    so it looks like up 80 is better, but you need to start approaching Tahoe to see a lot of improvement.

FWIW I had to call the ticket office today and the rep said they're still treating the game as if it would be on. It would be very late, like Friday night, if they made a determination that it needed to be cancelled. That may not be an official Athletics Dept position, just the impression froma staff member, but it's worth noting
  • movielover
    Not practical to move it to Reno or San Jose if Sac air unhealthy?

OK, attendance might be 1,000 ... but will we enter the playoffs passively w no CC?

I know, bring in 50 politicians from Sac, and let them blow some hot air and clear the joint out.
  • AggieFinn
    Praying to the fire Gods this week.

Let's settle it down on the field this Saturday.

ke-543x400.jpeg
  • Aggie57
    I would think AD Blue is reviewing all options if AQI in Davis exceeds the 150 mark on Saturday. Latest map shows Folsom in the 60’s. Folsom HS available on Saturday?
    Attachment
    527FD6C7-971F-4816-8ABB-E6E34B7D8CC8 (4M)
  • agalum
    Hot off the press

CAMPUS ALERT: After consulting with our UC Davis health and fire experts and monitoring updated guidance from other public health experts regarding air quality, UC Davis classes will resume on Wednesday, Nov. 14, however, all outdoor physical education classes are canceled. In order to encourage people to refrain from excessive outdoor physical activity, Unitrans will offer free rides for students, faculty and staff throughout the day, from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.

UC Davis will have a limited supply of N95 masks for students and employees, available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Masks will be available beginning Wednesday mid-day at the Memorial Union and the UC Davis Fire Department on the UC Davis Campus, and at Employee Health, UC Davis Health on the Sacramento campus.

Our concern for the health and safety of our community is our priority. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as needed. More details in the link below.
  • BlueGoldAg
    New Aggie Pack T-shirts for the Causeway Classic:

u0487x6rfhomnqtd.png

New Aggie Pack shirts! The Causeway Classic special edition shirts will be handed out this Saturday! Don’t forget to get your student ticket in order to get into the game and get these awesome shirts! Tickets will be at the MU on Thursday (10am-2pm)#goags
  • OldAggieAlum
    I see that the current AQI at San Luis Obispo is 49 and forecast to be good air quality Saturday. Could the game be played early at Cal Poly prior to their 4:00 PM game? Would Sac even care enough about this year's game to be willing to put out the enormous logistics effort required on such short notice to pull that off?
  • ucdavisaggie05
    I would be utterly shocked if this game is relocated to a facility that’s a 4+ hour drive away.
  • agalum

Great shirt! How do i get one?
  • DrMike
    Let’s assume the game is on and focus on football. Hopefully the same as our team. This isn’t a gimme. They just played Weber tough. If Thomson plays, they could be able to score
  • AggieFinn

I think it'll be another shoot out.
  • Riveraggie
    Sac has been terrible defending the run since our game last year.
    This year they’re last in the conference over 7 yards yielded per carry.
    They are so bad defending the run that teams don’t throw much against them, but when they do they’re pretty much in the middle of the pack in pass defense efficiency.
    We should run the ball and feature TT.
    Ulonzo had a great first quarter against EWU, but Thomas is our best ball carrier.
    Vaughan is still a starter but isn’t getting many passes thrown his way. Teams have been double covering Doss and getting away with it. Our long pass game wasn’t there against EWU
  • AggieFinn

OL has to create some time for #15.
  • agalum
    Now a reversal from the earlier release, Campus is "closed". To me that implies employees are included. I think what they really mean is that classes will not resume today. I am posting these updates as it relates to our big game issue.

NEW CAMPUS UPDATE: Chancellor May and other campus leaders have heard the community’s concerns. The Chancellor regrets any stress or inconveniences our previous update caused. We are all learning together.

The Davis and Sacramento campuses will be closed today and classes canceled. The UC Davis hospitals, primary care clinics, Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital, and Student Health and Wellness will remain open. The N95 masks will be available at the UC Davis Fire Department on the Davis campus, and at Employee Health, UC Davis Health on the Sacramento campus.

We will provide further updates later today.
  • Riveraggie
    Is #15 himself? Underthrown long balls, generally not accurate last week
    Let’s establish the run and then build off that. We killed this team last year on the ground
  • DrMike
    they lost to Montana 41-34 in Montanta, tied 31-31 after 3. That was with Thomson passing for 259 and a TD. They had 27 vs Poly with Thomson throwing for 320 and 2 TD. He got hurt vs. SUU the next game and they haven't been able to score since. If he resurfaces at full strength, we will have our hands full; if not, i can't see them scoring on us (one TD vs Weber was a fumble return; they had 190 yards).
  • SochorField
    I hope they didn't print more than 75 of them.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!