• BaseballAtDobbins
    Hopefully the AQ will improve over the next two days prior to the game. A win over Sac would be huge for recruiting and our playoff chances. Smoke is no fun. We have had our share of it here in the PNW the last two summers and its looking pretty bad in Sac. I know the two schools are monitoring it and hopefully the game can be played without issue.
  • agalum
    With Thomson back and Dotson at RB, thats a 1-2 punch. But sucs seasonal mantra has been dropped passes and penalties. Our D will be the best they’ve faced post SDSU.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    The air is awful down here in San Jose. If this is how it is up there I don’t see how this game takes place on campus if at all. It’s time to have a contingency plan.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    For discussion, here’s the forecast for Reno:
    wovygww1nwb97gdu.png
  • 69aggie
    I see the big problem being absolutely no wind to blow the smoke away. It is Very eerie with the yellowish tone to the sky and the total stillness. And no change in sight. This game either gets moved (unlikely at this point) or gets cancelled IMO.
  • movielover
    Seems worse today, sun orange this AM.

Rain next week should help for playoffs.
  • CK2
    I’m more worried as of this AM.

IF THE AGS don’t play this could absolutely cost them a seed. 100%. This game is not moving. It’s either happening in Davis Or it is not.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Go Vikings and Bengals.
  • DrMike
    The trajectory of the Air Quality the last two days (since yesterday afternoon) is making me less and less optimistic about this being played. I think the liklihood of a seed WITH a victory is slim (i just didn't see EWU, Weber and us all getting seeds, especially us as an 'upstart'). Without, less than slim.

our fan base on the west side boxes falls primarily (me and AgAlum excluded) in that 'unhealthy for sensitive groups' category. probably looking at the least attended Causeway since before they started calling it the 'Causeway'.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Not looking good at all:

4tpqnu1q4l1vj9s9.png
  • movielover
    Solution: Cal Aggie branded masks.
  • movielover
    Why? Lawyers?

Call Reno, call our insurance provider. Would Reno not be empathetic? Attendance would be low, so costs low (less security needed, few vendors). So we have to pay for both our and Sac's buses and lodging? Great PR for Reno, get a sweet deal on hotel roons.
  • agalum
    The air was much better last night then today. My eyes burn and i feel lethargic. There is a slight north breeze, just enough to push this gunk into the valley. If the game gets moved to Reno - I’ll be there, and with Dr. Milke’s wife’s luck with the one arm bandits, he could go home a rich(er) man!
  • Riveraggie
    100% sounds more certain than could.
    Personally don’t care about the seed. I do hope we make it into the playoffs.
    I’m sad that if we don’t play we won’t be Big Sky co-champs.
    Rather not have the game played than to play under poor conditions.
  • SochorField
    Has the team been practicing?
    Has Sac been practicing?
    That would tell us a lot.
  • CK2
    An email went out from the Athetics group to the former players/alums saying the game is on as of now and they are planning to play it BUT if there is a change we would know more tomorrow. I think, like everyone else, they are hoping to play it. This means they want to play it here and no where else. If they were considering an alternative we would have heard about it and it would have been moved. Not going to send an email out late Friday saying they are heading to Reno.

I still stand by my statement that Idaho St beats Weber which would help UCD dramatically toward a seed esp if game is cancelled. That is the outcome we need most to get a seed. Since most people believe Weber will win i think that it what makes things a little more cloudy.
  • CK2
    Also, the team has been practicing every day this week, in the AM.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The ramifications of this game getting cancelled could be huge for the Aggies:

1. The Ags could lose a co-share of the Big Sky Championship since EWU and or Weber could finish 7-1 records vs our 6-1 record.

2. It would likely cost the Aggies getting seeded and force them into a first round game.

3. It would be unlikely that the Selection Committee would give the Ags a first round game at home
    since there is no guarantee that the air quality will be better by the following weekend. They would not risk a playoff game possibly being cancelled and messing up the entire playoff schedule.

4. There would be a big loss of revenue for the Aggies. Would the Athletics Department refund fans who have already have tickets? Loss of revenue for vendors as well.
  • DrMike
    They are having a silent auction for this one-of-a-kind fire pit. Current high bid $650. Stop by hospitality tent to bid
    Attachment
    8F5055CE-555E-4196-B0F1-008AB19F89EF (52K)
  • Riveraggie
    Is there a revenue share to the visiting team on a FCS playoff game?
    Hosting the games seems like it might lose money as the host school has to bid for it.
  • Riveraggie
    is it smoke free?
  • DrMike
    probably not the best timing;however it was there for smoke-free NAU game
  • Riveraggie
    I bet air filters would attract some bids.
  • SochorField
    Zero banter on Sac Buzz.....
    :yawn:
  • CK2
    My son's school just got cancelled tomorrow (I'm in the East Bay in Orinda) and it's been on all week. Lafayette school district just issued a note saying all schools closed there. Today is the worst day air wise since fires started. Can something change by tomorrow? Maybe but doubtful? Starting to think this game is a no go sadly.
  • DrMike
    Davis shows 260 right now, sac 330!! Seems like Davis was around 150 at this time of the day earlier in the week.
  • Russ Bowlus
    City of Davis schools are cancelled tomorrow, as well.

AQ is noticeably worse today. Combination of light winds and an inversion layer, reportedly.
  • DrMike
    Weather app show visibility of about 800 yards. Funny that early this afternoon it was showing index of 32. Pretty sure that was ozone level (AIRNow showed that and AQI of 270)
  • 69aggie
    But, SFChron says “AQ will be much better tomorrow.” Hope it reaches inland. Interesting that on the Berkeley campus they are getting AQ numbers all over the map- from 150 here to 230 there, etc. probably the same in Davis. No way they can play unless less than 150 AQ IMO. I am sure the Davis and Berkeley Chancellors are in close contact on this decision. Probably is Mays biggest prime time decision in his short tenure.
    Wow. I never even imagined that AQI would effect our playoff chances. Who would?
  • agalum
    Yes, much worse today,and there was a significant difference between day and evening from my casual observations. I could see stars last night in Woodland. How about this contingency plan: plan to have the game at noon. If the air quality is bad, we tailgate until it improves. Honestly, there could be a huge difference in air quality between noon and 7pm.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!