• Riveraggie
    NIU is an excellent choice as a dark horse since they will likely be favored to win their first two games; playing teams making their first appearance.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    UNI, not NIU. We’d all be pissed if someone referenced another school when intending to mention us.
  • agalum

And what is it with fans on various forums this year calling us UC David? Why David, am I missing something?
  • CA Forever
    Davis fans tried to make it clear that we aren't UC-Davis... that there is no hyphen in it. People thought that we were overreacting so they starting making a whole bunch of variations of UC Davis.
  • agalum
    OK, thanks for that. Hopefully athletics will educate the media going into the playoffs that we are not "Cal Davis."
  • CA Forever
    I don't think it's your bad. People should know it's UC Davis. It's one thing to change a school's name if it's in a smack talk thread or whatever, but there is a difference between that and just not knowing the proper name of the school.
  • CK2
    Haha back when i was covering many of these teams - Fans, SID's, media - would all screw it up. The favorite was always "Cal Davis" but i saw some weird ones.
  • Riveraggie

Sorry I have trouble with the names of directional schools. I tried to remember that it was the opposite of what I thought it was but it was the opposite of that.
  • agalum

Simply "Davis" works for me. I do think part of the "Cal Davis" terminology is our fault. We openly use "Cal Aggies" so I can see how various media types can conclude "Cal Davis." I haven't looked at our media guide in a long time but the last time I looked they did have clarification on how to properly reference the team/school. Bottom line, whatever they call us, just keep winning :).
  • BlueGoldAg
    I just don't like Cal Davis at all but I understand how we get called that all the time. It always reminds me of Cal Worthington say, "Go see Cal, Go see Cal!"

Then again, maybe we should run an local TV ad for the game with Hawk saying, "Go ses Cal Davis, Go see Cal Davis!" :roll:
  • agalum
    Just came from the ticket booth to get my tailgate pass/ticket for the playoffs. Their phones were ringing off the hook. When the lady finally got to me, I asked her how sales were going for the game. "On fire." It sounds like at the moment it's season ticket holders jumping in to keep their seats.There's a deadline for Wednesday for season ticket holders. But get your tickets early and fill the stadium!
    The stadium was a busy place this morning. The team was just finishing up practice. Lot's of maintenance guys others.
  • aggie08
    Ya just called this morning, and the rep mentioned it's tough to find consecutive seats at this point (was looking for a block of 5). Would be surprised if it doesn't sell out. I can't wait to see the atmosphere there. Might be the best ever.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It would be nice if the Aggie ticket website would load the seat selection page that you directed to and then does not load. This has happened several times this year and also in years past when pages will not load. When I call about they always say, "We'll let someone know about it."

That shouldn't be happening with such frequency. It frustrates fans trying to buy tickets. They can do better.
  • agalum
    It would be nice if the Aggie ticket website would load the seat selection page that you directed to and then does not load.BlueGoldAg

Agreed. I tried online at first as well and ran into the same issue. The ticket form asked to email the form, but I don't like the idea of emailing my CC #. I was close, so I just popped over to the stadium ticket office. They should have included a fax option. But thinking about how hard athletics had to work to make the Causeway happen, and now the playoffs, I can understand they must be burning the midnight oil to get everything done.
  • movielover
    Two weeks to sell tickets, no problem.

If demand exists, will Dr. Blue get the fire marshall to sign off on several thousand standing room only tickets, or ?????
  • BlueGoldAg
    I finally got to the seat selection page but when I went to checkout it wouldn't recognize my account even though I was logged into it. So I called and they were able to get me those seats but only after I deleted them from my cart online so they could select those seats from their computer. Too many glitches!
  • ucdavisaggie05
    I called at 10:10 yesterday morning and had 2 aisle seats in 5 minutes’ time. I notice that they have the pick seats from a map option but that wasn’t available from the mobile version before I called.
  • agalum

Alright, the old AST tailgate crew making a showing! We just need to figure out how to get 6th in the house!
  • CK2
    rv8j8isrfdxurqd4.png
    Opening lines.
    JMU opened -16.5 I bet that and it’s now up to -20
    UNI -27.5 opener
    Nicolls opened at -19 (its been bet down to 15 as of the moment)

It’s an immature market so lines move fast. Nicholls will close above 17
  • agalum
    If Nicholls or SD knocked off EW, how would the home team be determined for the next round, assuming we are still alive in the bracket? Either one of those schools is going to have a heck of a time with the weather in Cheney considering they are both from warm climate.
  • CK2
    First round of games is always interesting as you have team like Towson (strong team from an elite conference) vs Duqense (more finess team from a lower ranked conference.) I played Duquense as they have an offense capable of moving the ball most of the day and Towson D isnt anything scary. Flacco's little bro should move it at will on the Dukes however. Had to pull the trigger on the +21.5 but I expect Towson wins the game by 14-17

JMU -16.5. They should hammer Delly who limps into the playoffs after dropping two straight games including getting worked at home by Nova last week. Meanwhile, JMU seems to have figured out their offensive problems - much stronger last two weeks. DiNucci finding a rhythm again. I expect them to lay the wood.

I want to like IW - i think they are actually a very comparable team to Montana St but its hard for me to get excited to back these Texas boys in what is forecast to be 29 and snowy on Saturday. Instead, I settled for Under 66.5.

Jax St should hammer ETSU who is a fraud.

I'm really interested in USD/Nicholls. USD has lost to a Big Sky team by DD in each of the last 3 years. Actually lost quite handily (twice to UCD) then came back and beat a BigSky team in the playoffs the last two years. In 2016, they lost to Cal Poly early then beat them. LY lost to UCD then hammered NAU in the most shocking result of the playoffs IMO. They arent nearly as good a Nicholls but they have a veteran team and a good offense. If they can move it on Nicholls, they can hang around. Likely the reason they drew early support and the line moved from 19 to 15.

Elon get Wofford and for the 2nd time in as many year opens with an option team. LY lost by 1 to Furman. These teams are pretty equal. Elon backup QB who look below avg vs RI/Towson but bounced back nicely against a very good Maine D last weekend.

Lamar is getting a lot of points and if i had to bet this game i would take LAMAR as i think they are being undervalued. That said, when i start to consider some of the other factors: first ever playoff game, on the road in the dome, noise, and UNI's ability to impose their will up front - I held off. I really hope Lamar can give them a good game. They surprised all year long, would be fun to see one more.

Stony Brook/SEMO I have less of a feel for....
  • agalum
    Lamar is getting a lot of points and if i had to bet this game i would take LAMAR as i think they are being undervalued.CK2

UNI only lost to NDSU at home this season. Their other wins are by a good margin. They look scary at home, not so much away from home. If they beat Lamar, glad we have them in Aggie Stadium.
  • CK2
    100%. I dont want to see the Ags playing the UNI-dome that is for sure. I'm worried Lamar could get steamrolled, but am hoping they can hang around for a bit.
  • agalum
    If you missed the FCS selection broadcast, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0G6bXxapc4
  • aggie08
    I believe Hawkins was interviewed in the 2nd half of the broadcast from the ARC ballroom. Haven't seen that on youtube yet
  • AggieFinn
    Hawk loves to talk with his hands.

• DrMike
    You might wait until Friday to get tickets; that’s when the unclaimed season ticket box seated will be available. In our section of 123, there are two or three boxes that went unused all season
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!