• CA Forever
    I think I speak for just about everyone in saying that the 2018 surpassed expectations by a large margin. I thought that we'd be improved and maybe make the playoffs, but never did I dream that this team would be within a minute and 1 score of being in the final 4. The grind of college football never stops though. Hawk is putting together another strong looking class of recruits and we will get to see who signs at the early signing period later this month. We have some big shoes to fill on both sides of the ball going forward.

Seniors
    - DB Isiah Olave
    - DB Ryan Parenteau
    - DB Vincent White
    - DL Terrell Cloud
    - DL Hunter O'Brion
    - LB Anthony Baumgart
    - LB Mason Moe
    - LS Alex Long
    - OL Ramsey Hufford
    - OL Will Martin
    - QB CJ Spencer
    - RB Ethan Hicks
    - RB Ryan Martinez
    - RB Namane Modise
    - WR Daliceo Calloway
    - WR Keelan Doss
  • CK2
    While they lose Doss (and that’s a huge loss) the Ags are SO young on offense. I know they return quite a few D started too but do take a couple more hits on that side to graduation.
  • CA Forever
    For sure, we are still going to have a ton of talent on the roster but it's tough to replace guys like Doss, Moe, and White. We have a tough schedule next season so I'm not sure if we will be able to replicate our exact success, but I will be looking for us to make the playoffs at least. Hawkins and staff seem to know exactly what they doing.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    While we are at it, here’s the schedule:

@ Cal
    @ San Diego
    Lehigh
    @ NDSU
    Montana
    @ N. Dakota
    Poly
    @ SUU
    Weber
    -bye-
    @ Portland State
    Montana State
    @ J Street Tech

No EWU; Weber, the Griz and Bobcats all at home.
  • CA Forever
    North Dakota State is going to be a VERY interesting game. They lose their top 2 RBs, their QB, top receiver, and 3 of their top 4 tacklers not to mention their coaching situation is up in the air. I think we likely lose to Cal and don't get me wrong NDSU will likely still be very good, but everything else seems winnable.
  • AggieFinn
    Trips to Fargo and Portland planned! Shoot @ San Diego and @ SUU (Las Vegas) are actually good trips too.

Looking forward to the year! See everyone in Berkeley for the tailgate!
  • CK2
    Tricky 3 game stretch w @ NDSU, Montana, then to the Alerus Center.

Bye later in the year is nice.

If Recruiting is strong (which it should be) playoffs 100% in the cards for the next few years. Was great to get a seed this year, huge benefit. Program is headed in right direction. Aggies will be competing for BIG SKY titles for years to come I think.
  • zythe
    this right here...+1
  • agalum
    “Trips to Fargo and Portland planned! Shoot @ San Diego and @ SUU (Las Vegas) are actually good trips too.
    Looking forward to the year! See everyone in Berkeley for the tailgate!”

We are penciling in going to Portland.

I think it was the alumni center that put on the pre game party at the last Cal game. Totally fun atmosphere last time, minus the score, lol.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    I limit my exposure to Berkeley, so I won’t be at Memorial (and likely won’t be able to watch - thanks Larry Scott).

Tracking flights to Fargo. Looks like a late Friday PM arrival and early Sunday AM departure through Minneapolis or Dallas-Fort Worth, depending on the origin airport.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Here is the 2019 schedule with each team's record to date:

08/31 @ Cal (7-5 with one game to go: Cheez-It Bowl vs TCU)
    09/07 @ San Diego (9-3)
    09/14 Lehigh (3-8)
    09/21 @ NDSU (13-0 with 1 or 2 games to go)
    09/28 Montana (6-5)
    10/05 @ N. Dakota (6-5)
    10/12 Poly (5-6)
    10/19 @ SUU (1-10)
    10/26 Weber (10-3)
    11/02 Bye
    11/09 @ Portland State (4-7)
    11/16 Montana State (8-5)
    11/23 @ J Street Tech (2-9)
  • AggieFinn
    Does anybody else think that vs. Montana game might get ugly? Word on the street is those Griz have no problem trash talking or using racial language to stir up potential personal fouls.
  • fugawe09
    they’ll certainly be looking for some revenge after pooping the bed in front of a home crowd. Gotta stay above any antics.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Anyone want to volunteer to point out to grizband @ AGS that he (she?) needs to update his/her sig? :grin:
  • CA Forever
    I'm significantly less scared of playing Montana in Davis than Montana in Montana.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Same--particularly now that they've been shown to be beatable.
  • AggieFinn
    7 road games
    5 home games

Are we just committed to never playing more home games than roadies?
  • DrMike
    as long as we play an FBS I think we’re stuck with 5-6 home/road. We’re fortunate we can bring in Lehigh for home only , and do USD 2/1. NDSU rarely leaves home in the preseason
  • Zander
    I bet we'll need a few more years of dominance first. Even FBS teams sometimes play body bag games at P5 schools
  • AggieFinn
    Well, it's a cold, calm day here in Alameda. The sun is peeking through the fog and I can't help but think we've turned a serious corner in the program. A new generation of Aggies will experience a program on a true rise through the FCS.2tddc78hnm0hrt9u.jpg
  • movielover
    Don't forget the new athletic performance center.
  • AggieFinn
    Yes! Again, the Program, the Program, the Program...facilities, coaching, education, fan base, gameday experience, off season program, recruiting, being in a strong conference...it's all part of The Program.
  • 69aggie
    Great point movie. I think that the announcement of the new Performance Center will significantly aid recruiting for next season. It signifies a sizable and tangible investment in the football program and eliminates one of the strongest arguments our opponents have used against us in past recruiting: poor training facilities. But, it will just add a new incentive. Maybe more important over the last 2-3 years and continuing in decending order are IMHO:
    1. Coach Hawk
    2. 2018 FCS Playoff appearance
    3. Chancellor May
    4. AD Blue
  • NCagalum
    Well I am thinking about flying out for Kal and thinking about enticing the wife to take a travel trailer troad trip with one of the destinations being Fargo. If so, we’ll make sure the trailer is stocked with food and drink and invite all ASTers over for drinks/grub at a tailgate. Looking forward to next year.
  • BlueGoldAg
    That would be awesome!
  • zythe
    I don’t want to get political and such, but is Montana generally racist?

BTW, I have very great friends on both major political parties.
  • movielover
    Probably better asked in the "other" section.
  • zythe
    You are right.

I’m not going to ask. I just want our players to be respected, and that our players respect others. That’s the Aggie way.
  • 69aggie
    Don’t want to respond but have to. . . No I don’t think Montana is generally racist. It is a red state, but it reelected a Democrat Tester over a red meat Trump Republican who actually was accused of outright racism especially against the Native American tribes in Montana. I think the Montana fans were just outraged a t losing and threw out a few stupid yells that they now no doubt regret. In my experiance Montana people are great, somewhat conservative to CA views, but still very, very likeable people. That said I am a..... ........... just an Aggie.
  • zythe
    Great response.

Thank you.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!