• BlueGoldAg
    Ezra Manjon 5'11 167 PG from Heritage High School in Brentwood, CA.

• BlueGoldAg
    Aaron Murphy 6'6 200 PF from Modesto Christian High School in Modesto

• BlueGoldAg
    Elijah Pepper 6'3 205 PG from Selah High School in Selah, Washington

• Oldbanduhalum
    Does anyone know when JC transfer's "usually" are announced? I know some announce early (Shorts in the November period) others wait until late, even during the summer. The reason I'm asking is we have an alarming hole in the middle next year, with only Neufeld and Underwood over 6'6" returning. Even assuming both get minutes next year, Les likes to have at least 4 "bigs". None of the red-shirts or committed freshman coming in are big, so I assume we'll be seeing some JC transfers.
  • BlueGoldAg
    You're right about the hole in the middle. I would say that 2/3's, if not more, of the offers Les makes is to guards.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ezra Manjon sure looks like he'll be a nice replacement for TJ:

• BlueGoldAg
    Elijah Pepper highlights:

• BlueGoldAg
    Ezra Manjon has a lightening quick first step and a great crossover dribble:

• Oldbanduhalum
    Thanks for posting. If you're 5'9" you better be quick, athletic and smart. Manjon certainly seems to fit those qualities. Hopefully he's watching a lot of film of TJ to see how a guy at that height can still dominate a D1 basketball game.

It certainly looks like there is talent coming for the next few years. With the development of Fuller and Squire, along with this years red-shirts, we should be able to deal with the loss of Shorts and Schneider. Losing our two starting bigs, without any replacements in sight, is another story. Les had better have some sort of JC transfer waiting in the wings. BTW, Kihei Clark, who had decommited from UCD to play for Virginia, has started the last 3 games for the 8-0 Cavaliers as a true freshman. He would have really been a nice addition.
  • AggieFinn
    I haven't been keeping up. Are we ballin' this year?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Before you take the time to get caught up here's a little friendly advise: sit down, think good thoughts, breathe and brace yourself before you look at how we are playing this year... :groan:
  • zythe
    If you want...just take the season off. Don’t even look at the record.

Go ahead and learn how to play backgammon correctly, take up some classes at the local CC, practice your golf swing a bit more.
  • AggieFinn

Well, Well, Well, notes taken, there's a driving range about 10 minutes from my place...break out the Callaway Rogue Draw, and give me 50 balls please.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Well, for what it's worth, Verbal Commits is now showing Delveion Jackson as officially transferred from UCDavis. Wish we got to see him develop as an Aggie, but good luck to the young man
  • BlueGoldAg
    Jackson never really got going here. He's a very strong looking player but, the the few minutes he got early on, he never looked comfortable on the floor. I also think he battled and illness last season. I hope he finds a good fit for himself and reaches his full potential as a player.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Aggie recruit Malcolm Johnson from City College of San Francisco has been named the Coast Conference North MVP

• Oldbanduhalum
    Malcolm will definitely get the opportunity to make a big impact with the Ags next year.

• Oldbanduhalum
    Yep, we'll need him to play a little bigger than that, but I like the fact that he looks like he can score inside and out. Heck Printup is starting at the 4 now, and he's only 6'4". And not nearly as stout as Johnson. Its worth noting that the above video is from his one year at CSUDH, before moving on to CCSF. Not sure there's much video of him from this year, but his coach did say in one article that I read that he doesn't run many plays for Johnson, he gets his points by hustling. Gotta like that.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    We have a new offer out per Verbal Commits. Luka Barišić is a 6'9" JC transfer, originally from Croatia. He has a slew of mid-major offers, so I don't know what our chances are. We sure could use his size next year.

• BlueGoldAg
    We need him! I really like his size. He can muscle his way inside to score but can also knock down the 3. He'd be an excellent power forward with a very nice touch. He reminds me of Josh Ritchart with his ability to shoot the 3 but with more of an inside game than Josh had. I saw he recently had a visit to Minnesota too so he's not flying under the radar. He'd be a great addition to this team.

We've had an offer out to David Skogman who is a 6'10 F from Waukesha, Wisconsin, since last September. He'd be a great one to get as well but he currently has 21 offers and several from Power 5 conference teams. Minnesota, Rutgers, Nebraska and Vanderbilt have jumped on the bandwagon so he'd be a tough one to land here. Maybe that's one of the reasons that Les has offered Barisic.

We definitely need some size and muscle added to the roster for next year.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I've been keeping an eye on Skogman. I'm guessing he is holding out for the perfect offer (perfect in his eyes). Wisconsin is the obvious guess.

As for Barisic, we definitely need some inside muscle. I think we will really realize just how good a defensive player Goode is when he's not around any more. Barisic could help that loss. Fingers crossed.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    As this season for the men starts to wind down, we can look at some of the new players that will be part of the Ags next season.

Click here for an article on Elijah Pepper's last HS game. From everything I've read, he could be a big time player for us, maybe as soon as next year (though with Squire, Mooney, Gonzo and our current red shirts, he may sit out a year).

Also, Aaron Murphy was on the sidelines at the UCR game, chatting it up with the coaches and current players. He's about the same height as Goode, but not quite as filled out. Here is a recent tweet with some video.
    Also, I didn't see Squire at the UCR game, either dressed or on the bench. Maybe ill and the coaches didn't want him anywhere near the other players???
  • BlueGoldAg
    Great article about Elijah Pepper. I'm looking forward to seeing him play as an Aggie. He had offers from San Francisco, Hawai'i, Montana, Lehigh, and Bradley.

We might want to think about offering his brother Noah for 2021. He's a 6'4 SG that was averaging 24 ppg and 16 rebounds per game as of early February. Those are some impressive numbers. We've had the Eaton sisters in WBB and it would be great to have the Pepper brothers in MBB.

https://1460espnyakima.com/selahs-noah-pepper-is-a-bonafide-superstar/

https://youth1.com/basketball/783360489-class-2021-sf-noah-pepper-models-his-game-after-draymond-green
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I would not be surprised at all if we make that offer.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    JUCO PF Luka Barišić (6-9, -, 2★) committed to UTSA. We'll need height from somewhere else.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think that we are a tough sell right now after the season we had.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    An article about incoming Aggie Malcom Johnson here
  • BlueGoldAg
    Great story. I really happy for him and glad to see that Les and the coaching staff give athletes like Johnson, who have traveled a difficult journey, a chance to get a great education and play D1 basketball. He sounds like he'll fill in some of the defensive void left by Garrison Goode while having a more diversified offensive skill set than Garrison had.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Not that we need to post every offer out there, but verbal commits (via twitter) says we offered 2019 PG Kolton Mitchell out of Florida. I would have thought that with Squire and incoming commit Ezra Manjon, we'd be set at PG for a couple of years. 2020 I could see, but 2019 just feels odd. I guess we'll see what happens...
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!