• agalum

Sorry, but this type of political non sense has no place on a football forum.
  • CA Forever
    Yeah lets stick to football guys.
  • Toke69
    For what it's worth, Jeff Sagarin rates UC Davis #102 among all Div. 1 teams. (http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm). That's ahead of Illinois, Oregon State, SMU, and other oiwer conference teams.
  • AggieFinn

Let's go play SMU! Aggies vs. the Pony Excess
  • Riveraggie
    In that rating Cal is rated only a little more than a field goal better than Eastern Washington. So we should be able to be competitive with Cal. Better climate for one thing.
  • MTBAggie
    Long time listener, first time caller... What a great season this year. The Cal game is on my son's birthday, so we'll be there for sure. We're hoping for a little better outcome in 2019. Back in 2010:

mzdyo9itiwnst1fi.jpg
  • SochorField
    2019: 10-2 with unfinished business in the playoffs.

Coaching staff is already back to work. I can't wait for 8/31/19.
  • fugawe09
    Welcome. Great pic with your son! Maybe he’ll pose for the same shot this time.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Welcome to AST. I have a feeling that we might just hang with Cal next year. Could be a great birthday celebration with your son!
  • AggieFinn

Beating Kal might get Maier drafted
  • CK2
    Cal is doing good thing with Wilcox and I expect they will continue to improve as well. He took almost the exact same players under Dikes (that played literally no D) and had them playing fantastic defense almost immediately. If they had a little bit of better Qb play (and hadnt lost 3 of their top 3 WR's before the season started) this could have been a top 25 team. The defense is sure at that caliber. As the recruiting improves, this is a team on the up and up. Should be a fun one for the alums to gather. (We did a big tailgate last time UCD played there at Henry's).
  • Riveraggie
    perhaps it’s a good thing for our smallish defense that their 290lb blocking fullback is graduating. They do still have some big guys.
  • SochorField
    290lb blocking fullbackRiveraggie

Was almost an Aggie!
  • AggieFinn

Word was he was going to take half of the staff with him.
  • CA Forever
    That definitely adds an interesting wrinkle to next year's game. New head coach, new starting QB, new starting RBs, new top receiver... wow.
  • CK2
    That game in Fargo is 100% winnable. This year or last year not so much. 2019 UCD gonna have a great chance to go up there and win. Bison have plenty of talent waiting in the wings but losing the level of talent on this year's team to graduation will reduce them to "in the running for best FCS team even in 2018" to just "really good in 2019".

The KSU deal with Seth Littrell apparently fell through b/c Seth wanted to bring most of his North Texas staff with him. So we know Kleiman wont be able to bring everyone as that was prob a stipulation from Snyder that some of his guys are retained. Be interesting to see who rolls.
  • Riveraggie
    Funny that the article talks about how rare it is for the power 5 conferences to take an FCS coach and then list his competition as all lower profile FBS schools like Troy, Memphis and North Texas. FBS vs FCS is just a letter when your comparing North Dakota State to those schools.
  • Riveraggie
    Nice that we can rationally imagine beating anyone on our schedule any given Saturday. Cal is a long shot but we are not prohibitive underdogs like we were against Stanford this year.
  • 69aggie
    Agalum, you do not get off free with that statement. I was defending Montana citizens against the earlier put question as to whether they were “racist.” To which I did state that they were not racist (citing recent evidence). I was defending Montana fans, who are from a very red state, from that racist accusation. I do not know where the earlier poster got the idea Montana fans were possibly, or indeed were racist; I believe some racial taunting during our game with them was the reason. Racial taunting is a disgraceful by any football fan. My post was in no way a “political post” or reference. If you just object to the term “red state” just say so. If you don’t like me to mention Jon Tester, just say so. Otherwise say nothing. You politicized the post with your very vague “nonsense” comment.
  • movielover
    QBs - solid, great depth.
    OL - monster class last year maturing.
    WR - strong, a stud from Las Lomas, 2 commits. Room for 1 more stud?
    TE - locked, 2 commits.
    RB - solid, young, Facey to compete for Modise spot?

DE / DT - need additions and depth? No one signed.
    LB - 1 signed, playing a 3-4, do we need a LB with size?
    DBs - 2 signed, locked and loaded. A JC stud on our radar.

Special teams?
  • movielover
    Why doesn't "take it to the Other section" compute?

I don't recall this obsession 40, 30, 20 years ago... except, maybe, when we were breaking stereotypes at the QB position. Isn't this part of the reason the NFL and ESPN lost millions of viewers?
  • Riveraggie

My unscientific observation is that 3-4 teams tend to have bigger defensive ends and smaller middle linebackers than 4-3 teams. But it varies.
    The thing about the DL is we only added two recruits last year. You have to average more than that if you want to have depth . Same with running back only had Facey as a walk-on. Both DL and RB are wear and tear positions
  • NCagalum
    the los Lomas guy is a tight end.

On another note Gary Anderson is returning to Utah State (via Utah, via Oregon State, via Wisconsin). There was chatter that Weber State’s Jay Hill might be in the running. Looks like he’s staying put.
  • movielover
    I'm told we are very high on him and may move him around. Playmaker. It seems we sign WRs, QBs, and TEs early, and the DL comes later. We signed 2 studs last year, but yes, it seems we need depth.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Please take political banter to the OT Board. After all it is intended for everything not related to UC Davis athletics. :wink:
  • 69aggie
    05. This is not related to political banter. This is speciafcally related to Montana fans racial behavior towards the Ags during a recent football game. I do believe that is part of UC Davis athletics. I will defer and comment further on the OT Board.
  • Riveraggie
    The UNI color commentator after watching our offense for a couple of series said “what wide receiver wouldn’t want to play here
    However, We need at least two deep threats at wide receiver and three good receivers for our offense. We were running out of WRs by the EW game, and we lose a couple to graduation. Will Logan Montgomery be back next year? Is Vaughn ok?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!