• CA Forever
    Okay so we are bound to pick up some more offers but here are some of my thoughts on the guys that are remaining on the current list.

ATH Casey Granfors - he's liked some of UCD's football posts on twitter, but we are stacked at WR already and added 3 more this class so far.
    ATH Sean Harlston - made an official visit to Davis and enjoyed it. He's looking for a school where he can play D1 football and basketball and I'm not sure I see that happening at Davis.
    ATH Dawson Hurst - he's been following Davis news, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Cal Poly with his brother Mason.
    ATH Evan Williams - really talented WR and DB. His older brother was offered by Davis but ended up at Illinois (has since left that team). On 247 his interest in Davis is listed as "warm".
    OL Clayton Ingram - at one point he seemed really interested in Davis, but has been following EWU news more closely and has been picking up PWO to MW and Pac12 schools.
    RB Tyler Van Arden - talented fullback, but I have no clue on this kid. He has several FBS offers according to 247 but his twitter is completely devoid of activity.
    TE Charlie McBride - he has been following Sac State news closely since Taylor's hiring. We already have 3 TEs in this class anyway.
    TE Kyle Patterson - he's a huge body and has been racking up FBS offers. I would say 0% chance Davis gets him. He recently went on an official to Washington.
    DB Terrell Hayward - he seems really interested in Davis and EWU. He's on the smaller side but a really dynamic player.
    DB Dorien Mars - he's another guy that I don't really have a good read on. He was following recruiting today but hasn't given any clues as to what he's thinking on his own offers.
    DB Tuasivi Nomura - similarly to Patterson above, he's been bringing in big time offers from FBS programs. Doubt Davis has much of a chance here.
    DE Cade Albright - it was mentioned in an article that I was reading that UCLA was his dream school. He's received an offer from them. I think that's probably where he ends up in February.
    DE Zach Kennedy - our most recent offer. He has a PWO from Washington State but has started following some of our signees on twitter.
    DE Ben Seymour - as far as I can tell Davis is still his only offer but outside of that I haven't been able to find anything else about his recruitment.
    LB Jackson Cloyd - he's received a PWO from Michigan, but he has been follow Davis news closely. We're just about the only school he retweets stuff about.
    LB Drew Fowler - he's been accepted at Stanford and made a visit there so I wouldn't be surprised if that's where he ended up.
    LB Jhasi Wilson - he's liked a bunch of UCD football news throughout his recruitment process. He has numerous offers but he could be a guy to keep our eye on.
  • Riveraggie
    It’s curious that we don’t have an offer to a defensive tackle. We lost Cloud to graduation. We’ve got tons of linebacker/defensive ends as linebackers and weak side defensive ends are similar physical body types.
  • movielover
    Coach Tucker has had some twitter activity with a top Juco DB a few months back.

I believe DeAndre Morgan was hurt this year, so he should be back, w young bucks Suani and C. Peacock. I would expect a few D additions. We don't know what youngsters are shining as redshirts / scout team.

Go Ags!
  • CA Forever
    We got 1 more CRUCIAL commitment yesterday! :lol:
  • BlueGoldAg
    Welcome to 'Shredville': UC Davis building national name with local talent

Great article about Bryce Peterson, Evan Bearden and how the Aggies are mining the valley for recruits:

https://www.frontrowpreps.com/posts/welcome-to-shredville-uc-davis-building-a-national-name-with-local-talent#.XBsJVvI8MhQ.twitter
  • CA Forever
    TE Charlie McBride is a late signing for Sac State... again we landed 2 three star TEs and Bearden looks very good too so I'm not concerned about losing one guy to Suc.
  • CA Forever
    Found a JC transfer! RB Christoph Hirota from Santa Monica College will be transferring to UC Davis.

• movielover
    Nice catch. 5'10", 180, a previous PWO for ASU who had the offer yanked w a coaching change. From a powerhouse program?, Washington in Bellevue? Also ran track in HS, 11.30 in the 100M, 23.30 in 200M, long jump of 21' 11.75". SMC may have a struggling FB program so stats hard to judge.

http://www.hudl.com/v/28KcXx
  • BlueGoldAg
    Davis Enterprise: UCD football signs 11 new Aggies; spotlight shines on offense

Quotes from Hawkins:

“Excellent, just excellent quality,” came the coach’s reply when asked about his bumper crop. “It was kind of an abnormality our first go-round, we signed 32 guys. This group is smaller in number, but really, really impressed with overall athleticism. Again, the Davis model is the well-rounded guy, the good student who has done some other things than sports … and played some other sports.

“I like (all that) about this crew, and a lot of these guys have been on championship teams and have that expectation and know what that’s about.”

“Next go-round we’ll probably be in the three or four range,” explains Hawkins, who spoke with The Enterprise by phone from Idaho, where he’s visiting family for the holidays. “We have some guys (now), walk-ons who deserve some (financial support). We’ll see how it shakes out.”

https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/ucd-football-signs-11-new-aggies-spotlight-shines-on-offense/
  • AggieFinn
    Need defenders!

Score points, then let the pass rushers and ball hawks create turnovers!!!
  • Riveraggie
    Impressive resumes. Reading this made me think that the high school coach that never had his team punt had a good idea. Figueroa. had three 93+ yard punt returns for TDs and Mouisset had six blocked punts.
  • CA Forever
    Figueroa literally came out of nowhere. No indication he had an offer on his personal twitter page or any of the recruiting websites. He was definitely a bright spot on a team that struggled mightily this season.
  • Riveraggie
    Often there is some reason players are not snatched up by the FBS teams. Being on a losing team might be one. Magdalena missed his senior season which would also cause someone to drop. I think this is a great class, just wish we had a NG/DT type player too.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Hawkins says we may pick up 3 or 4 more players in February and I would think we might see some defensive players then and it looks like some of the current recruits played both ways in high school and may end up on the defense here.
  • Riveraggie
    I don’t think we
    need more defensive players generally, we need specifically the 280+ lb hand on turf kind of lineman. That’s the difference between our D and say Eastern Washington’s or NIUs. Not to say we don’t have any prospects on our team but we don’t have many
  • CA Forever
    3 star ATH Sean Harlston has committed to UC Davis!

GO AGS!
  • Riveraggie
    Sean's received a lot of coverage over the years, here is an LA times article from his freshman year
    https://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/la-sp-sean-harlston-sondheimer-20160502-column.html
  • AggieFinn
    Great article. Sounds like a first class, motivated young individual is coming to Davis. Tall, athletic, competitive
  • Riveraggie
    Likely good ball handling skills, since he played QB earlier in career and point guard . Has some presence in the school records on relay teams so he has some speed . Didn’t play football in Junior year to concentrate on basketball may have helped decrease his football offers.
  • AggieFinn

Khalil Mack, Antonio Gates...similar stories.
  • BlueGoldAg
    What a wonderful story of determination and loyalty about Sean Harlston. Congratulations to his family for raising such a fine young man and teaching him values that will carry him successfully forward in his life. He's another perfect fit for the Aggie Athletics family.
  • movielover
    Awesome! Welcome to Davis!
  • MTBAggie
    I love that Next Level shirt! Our son plays Next Level flag football at Serra in San Mateo, and it's a great program. I'm guessing this kid is a current student coach. Fingers crossed he makes his way to Davis.
  • CA Forever
    I know that Davis recruited Evan's older brother pretty hard before he eventually chose Illinois (has since left that program). Evan is a stud receiver and defensive back. Would be a huge get on either side of the ball.
  • MTBAggie
    Hmm, interesting. Looks like the older brother was kicked off the Illinois team for "violating team rules," similar to Chima Moneke last year. Bennett Williams is back in the Bay Area playing for the College of San Mateo Bulldogs. Hopefully Evan Williams learns from his older bother's mistakes.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!