• BlueGoldAg
    Nice. It will be fun to see him in action again.
  • movielover
    Huge! Didn't they used to hold this at Stanford?
  • DrMike
    they played in SF, then Palo Alto, then a few years back in SF (ATT) from 1925-2005! my family went often to Stanford. Went one year when Sochor was an assistant (1984).
  • 72Aggie
    I recall going to the game once in Oakland...and wikipedia backs me up. They played in Oakland in 1970. Proceeds from the game have gone to support the Shriners' Children's Hospitals. For a long time the Shriners had a children's hospital in San Francisco and the game was played at Kezar Stadium. Players made the photo-op visit to the Children's Hospital during the lead-up to the game. After the San Francisco hospistal program was moved to Sacramento players would make the trip up here.
  • AggieFinn
    If KD balls at the E/W, he could lock up a spot at the coveted Senior Bowl in Mobile.
  • SochorField
    Baffled by how long this took.
    He deserves to be in Mobile too!
  • AggieFinn
    Senior Bowl List (updated every other day)
    Actually, Keelan Doss is ALREADY ON THE WATCH LIST

https://www.seniorbowl.com/watch-list-profiles.php
  • CK2
    Keelan added to senior bowl. Gigantic. Premier bowl for potential draftees. Good for Keelan. Deserves it.
  • DavisAggie
    I've seen multiple 3rd round projections for Doss
  • CK2
    awesome! His stock is rising. I saw the Kuiper positional ranking had him 10th for WR’s. I hope he shows out in these games.
  • AggieFinn

Dare I say, tailor-made for the Patriots.

Per Mobile, AL:
    Rosters for the 70th Reese's Senior Bowl will be released on Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Has Doss officially been added yet?

Raiders and 49ers Coaching Staffs will work the 2019 Senior Bowl: Link
  • AggieFinn

NFL Network plays every minute of Senior Bowl practices. Extensive shooting on the 1 on 1's WR/CB

E/W Shrine Game 1.19.19: Link
  • AggieFinn
    Was watching ESPN last week, Mel Kiper Jr. name dropped Doss as a potential mid-2nd day type guy (3rd Round). His intangibles and smarts will endear him to the NFL coaches he interviews with at the Senior Bowl...the question is, can he fight through the consistent upgrade in defensive talent to find space in Mobile. The 50/50 balls he's able to bring in will be huge.
  • AggieFinn

Ah, ok, so Doss isn't even going to do St. Petersburg:

A couple of weeks after being asked to play in the East-West Shrine Game, Doss told The Enterprise on Tuesday that he is passing on that offer and will instead head to Mobile, Ala., for the 75th annual Senior Bowl on Saturday, Jan. 26.

With the Raiders/49ers coaching the Senior Bowl -- should be a great football education, Gruden and Staff along with Shanahan and staff. Big time coaching chops getting into the minds of these aspiring young men!
  • agalum
    Well, it was sure enjoyable watching him in an Aggie uniform. Ironic, drafted by Gould, he likely would not have had the attention with a Gould style offense. Looking forward to watching him on Sundays.
  • AggieFinn

That's a great point alum.
  • blueforce
    49ers QB coach Rich Scangarello has deep Davis ties (assistant under Biggs) and brought Plough to NAU. Hope he's coaching Keelan's side.
  • SochorField
    Great news he will likely play for the South team, coached by 49ers' Kyle Shanahan!
    How cool would it be if Doss was a 49er??
  • CA Forever
    As a fan of a different team in the NFC West that wouldn't be ideal :lol:

I really do hope Keelan kills it wherever he ends up though, he has all the potential in the world.
  • quadshock
    Whatever NFL team he ends up with will immediately be my secondary favorite team
  • AggieFinn
    Las Vegas Raider Keelan Doss
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Raiders being anywhere but Oakland is a travesty.
  • AggieFinn

Well, that fits the Vegas mold. If AL were still alive he'd draft the latest ET over at Area 51. Guy runs a 1.93 40 yd dash.
  • movielover
    Will Oakland keep the As?

I always thought either a waterfront park, or one downtown would be great.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think the A's will stay and their are plans for a new waterfront stadium. The Warriors will be moving to a new arena, The Chase Center, in SF as well. Those are two big loses for Oakland.
  • movielover
    Is that waterfront park inked? ... I know there is a new Brooklyn Basin (?) neighborhood under construction, on the water.

If so, prime real estate next to BART station.
  • CK2
    Senior bowl practices will be televised from 10am-3pm on NFL NETWORK. Recap show at 5pm per a Craig Haley tweet.
  • CK2
    Also, Easton Stick had an awful week of practice in the shrine game, by most accounts. Played decently in the game. He could have helped his stock a ton esp as he was labeled the best QB there by some going in. Struggled with the easy throws and in some cases missing them by a lot. See a lot of differing opinions on him now based on last week. Some have dropped him. Some say he’s still a big name to watch given film evaluation, which is fair. This is particularly imprtosnt to me because I have a bet from a year ago that Doss would be drafted ahead of Stick with three people on twitter. I know Keelan gonna show out this week too. My best guess is KD 4-5th round. Stick 6-7 round as of right now. That could change. Doss has a huge week ahead. Stick is going to combine though and still has some chances to impress. #GoAgs
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!