• chiefstinkyfinger
    Sorry I haven't been over to your message board in a while. I don't live in So Cal anymore but I do watch the national news. I guess that Camp fire rolled thru UC Davis, right? Did your Men's Basketball Team make it out of the fires ok? Everyone is accounted for? Basketball teams can be replaced but people can't. Who's filling in for your Division I players? Volunteer firemen? Perhaps some of those sweet 70 something red cross volunteers? Local Boy scouts? Sacramento State walk on's? I'll say this, Jim Les is the Big West Coach of the year, perhaps even National Coach of the Year for guiding this group to a 4-12 record. Unbelievable. I think it's so inspiring that you're letting little Tommy Martin wear TJ Shorts #0 jersey and Big Betsy gets to wear Goode's #44 guarding the post. Any chance the real Aggie players return to Davis? I gotta think a monster fire that destroys the entire Davis landscape improves your chances moving forward, right?

I'll be watching the game on line Thursday night with a heavy heart. Of course I'll be rooting for the Gauchos but my thoughts and prayers are with your team as you go day by day thru this disastrous season, disastrous decade of basketball...
  • zythe
    If I had to stop for every dog that barked at me I’d never get anywhere...
  • DrMike
    good point. this dog was barking at me this morning and I stopped and yelled ‘three championships in four years’ and the little b*stard just barked louder!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Hahahahah... Good one, DrMike!
  • movielover
    Hey Stinky, weren't there concerns about your coach allegedly involved in some questionable recruiting tactics?
  • chiefstinkyfinger
    Dude, we’re 13-3 and you’re 4-12. The questionable recruiting or tactics aren’t coming from Santa Barbara. Your fire may be 100% contained but local psychological officials only have 4% of the UC Davis jealousy under control...
  • DrMike
    'disastrous decade of basketball... "

US : 3 championships (2 regular, 1 tourney)
    THEM : 2 championships (1 and 1)
  • Gauchofreg
    US : 3 championships (2 regular, 1 tourney)
    THEM : 2 championships (1 and 1)

Incorrect diagnosis doctor, UCSB also has 3; BWT in 2010 n 2011, Season in 2010
  • DrMike
    touché. I think my point was we’re content with a 3-championship disaster of a decade, but not so content with this season. Probably should have left that barking dog to itself
  • Gauchofreg
    Never let facts get in the way of a good smack talk!

Smack is good for the fan game and I love it when our Gaucho ambassador pays a visit, his threads always get a lot more traction than my academic ones about the game itself.

Now go close the barn door, our players don't need to smell the stench of manure during the game tonight
  • DrMike
    that 2010 conference/tournament was in the good old days when conference champs got a bye in the tournament. i really prefer that approach, since it puts some value on the conference performance. there is the consolation prize of a guaranteed NIT spot for the conference champ, but i would like to see them get a bye.
  • zythe
    Please clean up your school. It looks like a trash bin every time I visit.

That’s one of the main reasons I didn’t enroll when I got accepted.

They should just call it UC Isla Vista.
  • DrMike
    I have a friend that always tells me to find a way to get more students to attend. Like Freg, I think my powers of persuasion at the campus is greatly overrated!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!