• CA Forever
    Evan Williams is on his official visit to Davis this weekend. Fingers crossed it turns into a commitment.
  • MTBAggie
    I learned something new today. John Madden, Bill Walsh, and Julian Edelman all played at CSM. It will be interesting to see how Bennett Williams turns things around. If his little brother makes his way to Davis, maybe the "package deal" isn't too far fetched.
  • CA Forever
    C'mon Evan, make the right choice! GO AGS!
  • 69aggie
    Humboldt players? It would seem they might have a few guys who could play at the next level. After all, they did beat us few years back and they had a OL drafted last year. Hawk’s backyard too. Just a thought . . . .
  • Riveraggie
    Most class units wouldn’t transfer.
  • Gunrock47
    Saw the other day that one kid transferred to Akron (FBS). I don't think the unit transfer hiccup would be too much of an issue. Especially for underclassmen with decent grades.
  • DrMike
    they have a ton of kids who are either JC transfers or FBS/FCS transfers. that's going be hard to find another school to land at.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I hope the quality of his education is really important to him because, if it is, UCD has a lot more to offer.
  • movielover
    And I'm told Fresno is no picnic in the summer... or ever. Auto theft capital of America?
  • Riveraggie
    hence all the late offers.
  • SloStang
    Cal Poly had one of Williams teammates (Offensive Lineman) visit this weekend. He also picked up a Fresno State Offer this week. We might have been able to fend off FSU with our academics and location, but unfortunately he also picked a Colorado offer. That one will be a little tougher.
  • 69aggie
    SLO it will depend on the offer. It is surly not a full. So 1/2- 1/3 maybe. Boulder is a nice town, but the university is not that good, not that academics are all that high on a prospects list. SLO is every bit as good. If you offer a full and playing time you may get him. Colo may just put on the end of the bench for 3 years.
  • SloStang
    Unfortunately FBS teams only offer full scholarships and the PAC 12 schools offer full cost of attendance which mean they give checks to athletes.
  • 69aggie
    Do FCB teams offer only full scholarships also? I guess I am not on top of this issue. Sorry. And what is “cost of attendance”?
  • movielover
    Yes. Is that extra money per month some SA were seeking?
  • DrMike
    No Fcs have 63 to spread among 85 (I think that’s the number). FBS have 85 Full to give to 85. We have to be creative with grants to fill the gap ( UC gap is being than our competition)
  • Riveraggie
    Transfer credit is well defined coming from a JC, the more academic programs have a numbering system that maps to UC equivalents. There are a lot of classes for which one would get credit transferable to a state college but none to a UC. Conversely, there is no list that says these CSU courses map to these UC they would be evaluated individually.
    There are entire majors at state colleges that have no uc equivalents. Not necessarily a bad thing but not equivalent so no credit. Or even if they got credit might not fulfill major prerequisites.
  • 69aggie
    Great recent article in FiveThirtyEight analyzing why offensive performance is far more predictable of success in football than defensive performance; and why the best NFL teams draft good offensive players before the best defensive players. It explains why the recent high scoring in NFL games is happening. Now, this is an article for football geeks who know their metrics and advanced algebra (not me) and its also about the NFL, but it could apply to DI football as well. One defensive stat that surprised me was that hits on the QB (not sacks) are highly predictive of a winning season. Might be one reason Hawk does seem to concentrate on getting the best offensive players. Anyway, good read.
  • movielover
    Cade Albright DE*** commits to BYU. May start with a 2-year mission.

DE Ben Seymour would be a great fit!
  • CA Forever
    As predicted, Dawson Hurst is joining his brother at Cal Poly. Hope he enjoys getting smacked around by Davis for the next 4-5 seasons :lol:
  • Riveraggie
    interesting that if we go by the list of guys we’ve offered that you maintain on first page of this discussion that Dawson Hursts the first we’ve lost to Cal Poly. If that’s true then we really don’t compete much with them for recruits.
  • CA Forever
    Really we haven't lost that many recruits to Big Sky teams in general and the positions in which we did lose recruits we landed several stellar ones. Hawkins has us competing heavily with FBS teams for recruits.
  • Amurden
    Terrell Hayward committed to NAU
  • CA Forever
    Woah big commit for the Lumberjacks. My gut feeling was that this one was going to come down to EWU vs Davis, but looks like the home state got the prize.
  • Amurden
    Connor barbato pwo offer
  • movielover
    Weak side Defensive end / WR - 6'2", 196#s. Rohnert Park, Rancho Cotate, North Bay Player of the Year. PWO offer from UCLA.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!