• Oldbanduhalum
    Big West awards:

• Russ Bowlus
    Bertsch also on the All Defensive Team.

Congratulations to all!
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Seems like Karly Eaton and Hall could have at least got an HM, but I guess they don't have the stats. When you have the BW player of the year, there's not a whole lot of stats left to go around.
  • 69aggie
    Jen deserves a raise and a contract extension. I don’t think we have ever had such a dominate athletic team in our very short D1 history until this coach came along to get it done. I have very good feelings about the BW tourenmant going in with these Aggie gals.
  • Zander
    Not in a high-profile spectator sport, to be sure. I think Water Polo, Golf etc would argue that they've had similar levels of success.

But WBB is at least on the soccer/baseball tier of exposure -- if not closer to the MBB/football tier -- and this probably is a first.
  • 69aggie
    Z I have never been to a Aggie water polo or golf game in my life, yet many WBB games. To me your comparison is very faulty. I’m just one person; maybe your right, but I don’t think so. Jen Gross is a very special coach. You just better hope she sticks around because people are indeed taking a long look at her at this point in her very impressive career. Also, to compare the success of WBB with men’s baseball is, well, ridiculous. Enough said.
  • Zander
    I'm not disagreeing, maybe I should flesh out what I mean a little more. I think of the "profile" of the sports at Davis in popularity tiers with MBB and Football getting the most recognition and WBB at a slightly higher level of popularity than baseball and soccer. Totally agree that WBB is the first one of all those I just mentioned to build a consistently successful program.

I just also wanted to acknowledge some of the less recognizable sports for figuring out how to compete at the D1 level.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!