• Russ Bowlus
    Irvine has 16 more FG attempts than Davis, partly due to 18 offensive rebounds; however, they've only made 12 shots..
  • Russ Bowlus
    78-44 at the 4Q media timeout. Aggies clicking off the minutes and baskets.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Bench in with 3 minutes to go.
  • Russ Bowlus
    82-50 final. Great start to the tourney.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Aggies shot 54% (48% from three) to Irvine's 25% (11% from three).

Morgan leads Aggie scorers with 25, Ko.Eaton 16, Hall 15 (awesome!). Morgan the leading rebounder also with 8, Hall 6, Stobbart 5.

Only 10 TOs, which included three or so that the bench made.
  • aggie08
    Impressive performance. Glad the starters were taken out early to keep their legs fresh for tomorrow
  • Zander
    Destruction. This Aggie team wants the tournament badly.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I liked that too. And there is talent at the end of the bench, which we will see plenty of next year
  • 72Aggie
    It's also good for bench morale, and good sportsmanship.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Hawaii defeats Riverside 66-58 to advance to the conference final against the Aggies.
  • 69aggie
    I am not so much into superlatives, but this was one of the best games I have ever seen the Aggie women play against a very good Irvine team. Yes and in a fairly hostile, cold place to play in the Honda Center. I hope the BWC gets out of there ASAP. You gotta love our Gals!!!
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ags have been peaking for a while now and have been able to keep it going. Pure domination of their opponents of late. The only stat today that is really concerning is that they gave up 20 offensive boards and grabbed only 5 for themselves.

Hawai'i is the only team to have beaten the Aggies in conference play so they'll come into the game confident that they can take down the Ags. If the Ags continue to play the way they did today and do a better job on the boards, they will get to go Dancing.
  • DrMike
    looks like there is a pregame gathering at TJ Schmidt (across the street from Honda) at 1:30.
  • Zander
    Isn't the offensive board comparison biased by how much better the Ags were shooting than UCI? I would guess that there were fewer -- and maybe far fewer -- balls to rebound in the first place
  • BlueGoldAg
    In regards to the Aggies getting offensive boards for themselves, then yes, they had far fewer chances to because they shot a better percentage. However, you never want to let an opponent dominate their own offensive boards because, even though they are missing shots, you are letting them have more and more chances to score. We essentially dodged a bullet because Irvine simply wasn't able to take advantage of their offensive rebounding to score second chance points.

If the Ags go Dancing they'll be playing outstanding teams that will take advantage of the Aggies if they do not block out and limit their opponent's second chance attempts. Giving up 20 offensive boards against an elite women's team would probably send the Aggies home with a loss.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    thanks Mike. The women’s Team has a strong loyal following. We are going to try and get to Schmidt’s and join the fun
  • NCagalum
    from what I saw Irvine was missing shots largely due to the UCD defense. They are very well coached and a joy to watch.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Almost game time. Let’s go Aggies!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Hawai'i comes out as the aggressor and lead the Ags 13-6 with 4:35 to go in first quarter. The Aggie defense is missing at the moment and the Ags are playing tight.
  • Zander
    Down 12. Gross calls timeout. Yikes.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Wow...Hawai'i is on a 17-4 run.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Rough first quarter. Need to settle down on offense and pressure their guards on defense
  • BlueGoldAg
    22-10 at the end of the first. Poorest quarter since early in the season.
  • NCagalum
    It just looks like they are losing their poise and forcing things. Hawai’i looks 10x better than UCI at least now. They will start missing shots but Aggies need to settle down.
  • cmt
    Missing a lot of shots right now. Seem to be getting decent looks more times than not, just missing.

Four or five straight stops so hopefully that can jump start the team.
  • NCagalum
    Birtsch trying to do to much. Need to just chip away.
  • NCagalum
    Hawaii is pressuring out high and it looks like UCD not prepared to adjust. UCI collapsed more leaving open 3 point shots.
  • NCagalum
    Scoring is pathetic. That is the real problem. Aggie’s look lost with Hawaii’s defensive pressure.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!