• Goags20172
    Another solid start by Erwin, shutdown relief by Wieser and Ouellette. Three hits for Murray, 2 for Myers. Gedestad had two RBI.

The balance of power has really shifted in the BW this year. Like Long Beach Fullerton is under .500. What is going on ?
  • FullertonBaseballFan
    Here are the two main issues.........

Fullerton has the worst pitching staff in the history of the program with an ERA over five. Lost 90% of the IP from last year with five guys getting drafted, tried to replace them with FR instead of JC guys who would come in ready to contribute and a lousy pitching coach is doing a piss poor job of developing a young pitching staff and almost none of them are getting better.

The offense has hit for a pretty good average but Fullerton has very little power or speed so it usually takes three guys getting on base to score unless a SAC bunt is used where an out is given up and the inning is limited to one run.
  • Goags20172
    Sounds like UCD most years, minus the bad pitching coach. I do think Vaughn is a good pitching coach, but I think he struggles with the effective deployment of the pitchers (more on the managerial side then). This season has had a "flavor of the week" feel to it. This doesn't smack of a well- organized plan. It seems more like American Idol, with people getting voted to the bench every week. I realize they have at least 17 active pitchers to evaluate (+ redshirts), but there has to be a better plan than riding the hot hand.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!